• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And I still haven't gotten my duplicate returned!

What duplicate Bill?

Well, have to jump in here for balance. I moved into St. John last year. Within two weeks I got my LTCH. The lady in at the police dept. was very professional in handling the LTCH app. I also had some improvements to my house. The folks in the building dept. were prompt and friendly. What I do think, and I don't know if its St. John or what, but they sure have a lot of un-necessary stop signs. My neighbors all like it here too. I have noticed a few folks OC'ng.

I also have had positive carrying incidents with LEO here. Only negatives are with $8 employees at the Speedway and customers at the Subway..
    :ingo:

spec4 & CTZ B4Z that is because both of you LIVE in St. John. St. John (personnel) are very different to those that LIVE vs the rest of us in the region.

Great story. I am happy to hear that after all that you did get your license back. I live a block from St. John and can tell you first hand they are a different breed.

Glad to hear it worked out in the end. My wife just opened up business in St John, and I thought that was a hassle with the towns arrogance and ignorance. Hope you get that duplicate soon!

@AR Frank & vork08
    (Bill B sry but you know I have to be the cheerleader for the group)

Welcome to INGO
    ---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS

Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html
    We use this thread post for quick communication among the NWI group on gun/ammo sales in the area, special events occuring, and a general FYI. The thread is very long now & most of the post are irrelavent at this point for you but if you subscribe you will get the newest post made to it.

UPCOMING EVENTS
    SAT 22 OCT 2011 MEET & SHOOT
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...04-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_22_oct_2011_a.html

SAT 19 NOV 2011 Trauma Class
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ning/168832-rnm_trauma_class_nwi_11_19_a.html

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._w_ic_and_no_gun_sign_no_biz.html#post1987889

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

IN1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Wow, just read this whole thing end to end...just wow, it would be hard to just let it go even though you got your permit back. It should have never been suspended in the first place, you should have never been harassed or arrested in the first place either. At most, it should have been a simple conversation between you and the officer that someone called and they have to come check it out, ok your license it good, you are good to go have a nice day! That's it.

Well, I firmly believe in what goes around, comes around ten fold. The officer will find life taking a big **** on him before too long or maybe life already is for him and this is how he handles it. Just pathetic, would love to meet him though just to see what a true worthless asshat with a badge looks and acts like.

Glad things worked out for you, I would never set foot in that town again and spread the word about this all the time so no one else falls to the hands of the bully hired by tax payer money.

Gutpile Charlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Indian Territory, USA
    I am a new memeber on this board, and just now "scaned" this entire thread. This is the kind of nightmare that I live in fear of.

I just wish the OP could get his "pound of flesh". Somebody needs to pay. This needs to be taken out of somebody's hide.

You can be totally right, completely innocent and still the government and courts can do this to you.

Glad it's over.

Good luck.

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    Thanks jediagh !! now we know where the getto is, i work in Gary and the mayor will deny that claim enfaticly, i drive arround alot and never had any encounter with St John police, i did had some with the hammon police some time ago where i got a female officer i get out of the car and she freak out, and in less than 5 minutes there were 5 squad cars in location, still i have to do all the drills requested by the police, they search my car and investigate my family tree, once they were not able to pull nothing on my car or me, still they make me feel responsible because i did not notify the officer that i had a gun before i get out of the car, but still i did not feel bad about them, they may not be well trained but they have to protect themself, i have friends in the police from Gary,Schererville and Hammond and they really put the life in the line many times a month.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Thanks jediagh !! now we know where the getto is, i work in Gary and the mayor will deny that claim enfaticly, i drive arround alot and never had any encounter with St John police, i did had some with the hammon police some time ago where i got a female officer i get out of the car and she freak out, and in less than 5 minutes there were 5 squad cars in location, still i have to do all the drills requested by the police, they search my car and investigate my family tree, once they were not able to pull nothing on my car or me, still they make me feel responsible because i did not notify the officer that i had a gun before i get out of the car, but still i did not feel bad about them, they may not be well trained but they have to protect themself, i have friends in the police from Gary,Schererville and Hammond and they really put the life in the line many times a month.
    Umm, there is no duty to notify requirement in IN...

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN

Wow you do seem to have many contacts with different law enforcement agencies. Any thoughts as to why?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    As someone who spends a lot of time traveling through St. John it was an interesting read. Im curious if civil action was ever pursued?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Holy batman thread revival!

Not really. Yes the tread has been 'dead' for a while but for us NWI INGOers we know of this issue all to well and it's still veyr much alive for us. Links to this thread get posted into other threads on INGO as an example of what LAKE COUNTY is/does to OCs.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    did the settlement cover the original court costs? or are you not supposed to talk about it?
    Yes, it covered my out of pockets cost. I would have refused and went to trial, but as it was explained to me, in indiana you must prove 100% liability on behalf of the muncipality. Because the PD went through the prosecutor and got a warrant it would be virtually impossible to prove 100% liability on the PD. If I had $10k for retainer, a whole slew of attorneys were willing to take the case, but only if I had the $10k up front. The NRA wasn't interested in helping and another group referred me to an attorney in chicago who was a well-known mob guy, so I decided to take the settlement.:(

Top Bottom