• ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Congrats! Welcome back to the legal gub carrying community.:):

See, I told you it would only be about two weeks before they gave your license back.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Awesome news!

I can't help but think about how if this happened to someone, like me, who isnt in a good place financially, we would be screwed.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Thanks for fighting the good fight!

Will you go back to OC after this experience? I know it is a hot topic on INGO but it seems terribly relevant in your case.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Thanks for fighting the good fight!

Will you go back to OC after this experience? I know it is a hot topic on INGO but it seems terribly relevant in your case.
    Actually the reason that I was using an IWB is because it is more concealable when I want to conceal. I had made the decision to CC or "discreet carry" until I could get a good retention holster.
    When I want to conceal, I untuck my shirt. If anyone has had the experience of a Baptist school you know how un-natural that feels. This was actually the first time that I ever had any kind of issue.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    :rockwoot:I GOT MY LICENSE BACK TODAY!!!!!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:
    14 months after the "incident" and arrest, 8 months after my license was suspended, 4 months after the hearing, $5000 in lawyer costs, several days off work, and tons of rolaids later.
    All because somone who is friends with officers on the SJPD saw my handgun and didn't like it. If you are ever involved in drawing it or a shoot I can imagine ten times the legal bills (mine would have doubled had we gone to trial), and many years of aggrevation.

Any chance of recouping your costs from the LEO's....since they are to blame? And congrats on getting it back!! :)

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Bill,

I read all 42 pages (so far) and find your story fascinating. There has been much talk about teaching the LE a lesson, but in reality, you taught us all a lesson through your experience. Hopefully your story will stay available in this forum. I have a little situation going on myself. I have not made it public yet, but I will eventually when I feel the time is right. Being able to read about your experience, and the input from others on this forum has been of great benefit to me. Thanks so much for telling your story, and especially for following through with your updates. I am glad I was able to read it all in a day and not have to deal with the suspense of reading about it as it happened.

AR Frank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Great story. I am happy to hear that after all that you did get your license back. I live a block from St. John and can tell you first hand they are a different breed.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    Glad to hear it worked out in the end. My wife just opened up business in St John, and I thought that was a hassle with the towns arrogance and ignorance. Hope you get that duplicate soon!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Well, have to jump in here for balance. I moved into St. John last year. Within two weeks I got my LTCH. The lady in at the police dept. was very professional in handling the LTCH app. I also had some improvements to my house. The folks in the building dept. were prompt and friendly. What I do think, and I don't know if its St. John or what, but they sure have a lot of un-necessary stop signs. My neighbors all like it here too. I have noticed a few folks OC'ng.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Well, have to jump in here for balance. I moved into St. John last year. Within two weeks I got my LTCH. The lady in at the police dept. was very professional in handling the LTCH app. I also had some improvements to my house. The folks in the building dept. were prompt and friendly. What I do think, and I don't know if its St. John or what, but they sure have a lot of un-necessary stop signs. My neighbors all like it here too. I have noticed a few folks OC'ng.

I also have had positive carrying incidents with LEO here. Only negatives are with $8 employees at the Speedway and customers at the Subway..

:ingo:

Top Bottom