Saudi officials kill journalist, what's the response going to be?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, if the evidence being dangled was classified (or the Saudi equivalent), then being involved in espionage couldn't open him to rendition? Who knew

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Holy sophistry, Batman!

If you report stuff and write stuff for newspapers/periodicals/news outlets, you are a journalist.

I'm not sure what he is now, but he has historically been an economist.

If he writes about economics for a news outlet then, yes, he can be counted as a journalist.

He was also an entrepreneur of sorts, starting up various news outlets in the mideast.

Crazy idea: it isn't a binary world.

Quite the coincidence.

I have many cousins. With a significant spectrum of backgrounds.

Who, Khashoggi? Link please.

As noted above, he may have been many things, but he was not American.

Indeed. I don't think Trump was accurate when he described the coverup as the worst in history. But, I do agree with him that it was poorly conceived, poorly executed, and poorly covered up. That's a bad combination.

I also think that we are striking the right tone (or close enough) with our response. This needs to be addressed, and the Saudis, at least superficially, are playing ball. They'll protect the crown prince (which makes sense), but everyone else involved can be sacrificed.
    Sorry I just got back to this thread and saw your reply and question to me.
    I dont remember now what channel it was but I was watching a live broadcast and the female anchor said he was an American. I was shocked.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Still on about that?

That he was a columnist for WaPo is no less true than that he was a journalist for several/many news outlets over the course of his career.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Still on about that?

That he was a columnist for WaPo is no less true than that he was a journalist for several/many news outlets over the course of his career.

:rolleyes:

giphy.gif

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Saudi Arabia indicts 11, seeks death penalty for 5, in Jamal Khashoggi's murder

Translation...

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman picked 5 guys off his, "People I Wish Were Dead" list, and 6 more off his, "People I Need To Send a Message To" list to take the fall for Jamal Khashoggi's murder.:rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, but now they can say they've "acted decisively" and cleared the crown prince of any wrongdoing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Apparently the CIA is telling people - like senators - things that are different than what POTUS is saying.

More 4D chess.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump said:
    President @RT_Erdogan of Turkey has very strongly informed me that he will eradicate whatever is left of ISIS in Syria....and he is a man who can do it plus, Turkey is right “next door.” Our troops are coming home!

Trump essentially admitting he's ceding the area to Turkey, which has explicitly said it wants to wipe out our Kurdish allies who were sacrificed against ISIS.

When you're counting on the word of a brutal Islamist dictator, you're doing it wrong. This would be no different than Obama citing Supreme Leader Khamenei to justify the Iran deal and a promise not to build nukes. It should be mocked in the same way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump essentially admitting he's ceding the area to Turkey, which has explicitly said it wants to wipe out our Kurdish allies who were sacrificed against ISIS.

When you're counting on the word of a brutal Islamist dictator, you're doing it wrong. This would be no different than Obama citing Supreme Leader Khamenei to justify the Iran deal and a promise not to build nukes. It should be mocked in the same way.
    Erdogon wants us out of theater just as much as Trump does. That’s what this is telling us.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

The Kurds have been screwed time and again. Out of all of the groups in that area, I feel sorry for them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://thefederalist.com/2018/12/27/bombshell-khashoggi-foreign-governments-influence-agent/
    Bombshell: New Info Says Khashoggi Was A Foreign Influence Agent

The Washington Post has caused itself a major scandal since it has come to light they and their martyred “reformer” Jamal Khashoggi were publishing anti-Saudi propaganda for Qatar. They tried to bury this in a pre-Christmas Saturday news dump, but that can’t stop the damage this will do to their reputation.

“Text messages between Khashoggi and an executive at Qatar Foundation International show that the executive, Maggie Mitchell Salem, at times shaped the columns he submitted to The Washington Post, proposing topics, drafting material and prodding him to take a harder line against the Saudi government,” the Post wrote December 21

Ruh Roh!

Top Bottom