• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Not a single person defended her actions at the school board meeting. I guess she saw the futility in waiting for the school board to act. She has resigned.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    My general thought is she should be slammed with the full force of the law.

What if the kids parents were of a religious order that didn't approve of modern medicine?

What if the kid were allergic to amoxicillin?

What if the kid had other issues that this treatment could interfere with?

What if the kids parents were involved, knew antibiotics wouldn't help, and were applying other treatments, like, uh, staying home and resting without going out in the cold?

This is why the authority of the parents should be sacrosanct unless and until an unbiased court were to rule otherwise.

But hey, I'm mean.

Regards,

Doug

You bet...

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Yeah. After living in Muncie for 11 years, including a stint at the Bus Company, I have had to rethink a lot of my positions on parental rights. The amount of unfit parents out there boggles the mind.

That being said, as other said, there were other ways than committing insurance fraud.

Who is to say what the standard is for being a parent?

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I think what she did, insurance fraud, is wrong, but I find some of the way it is being discussed as odd.

Her actions may have resulted in the student being diagnosed with strep and subsequently being treated with antiobiotics, but she neither rendered diagnosis or treatment. That was the role/responsibility of the MD or NP who saw him. She likely took the student to the medical facility with a chief complaint of sore throat and malaise.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart

I think when you have a 5 and 8 year old (I think) walking home in an area that I wouldn't walk alone at night in, that isn't good. I've heard conversations where there were discussions about when they were going to have another kid to keep the benefits rolling in (down to who the baby daddy was going to be). I've seen so much neglect, I hated working the downtown bus station. When your 10 year old is functionally the mother to the rest of her siblings because you aren't paying attention, that is really bad.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I think the local government has a proper place in keeping children from being seriously harmed due to neglect. Does a child live in utter filth? Do they get enough food to eat? Is there heat in the winter? Are they being educated in an age-appropriate manner? Do they get necessary medical care when it is needed?

Sure, there are differences of opinions in all of these things, but that doesn't mean we throw up our hands and say "sucks for you to have such crappy parents, hope your life is short."

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Not a single person defended her actions at the school board meeting. I guess she saw the futility in waiting for the school board to act. She has resigned.

I think this says a lot. When our Vice Principal was facing disciplinary actions, the board meeting was standing room only, and dozens of people spoke on his behalf.

A friend of mine actually had a run-in with this woman and was not impressed with her. The Super, who was a Principal at the time, confined my friend's son to her office for the entire day with no food or water. So, all of this pap about her being Mother Teresa is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

Top Bottom