• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I want to start a company where I tell people where to invest to mitigate global warming

The day after I buy those stocks myself

And the day before I sell them

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tony Heller has a great analogy to demonstrate the scale of human impact. Human-contributed increase in atmospheric CO2 is approximately equivalent to adding one additional person to a packed football stadium at The Ohio State University (capacity: ~105,000). And bear in mind that CO2 is a comparatively minor player in the climate mechanisms involved.

So, yes, I'm extremely confident in my answer.
    It appears to me that you’re extremely confident in Tony Heller. Because I’m not a climate scientist, and I don’t have access to all the relevant data and the knowledge to understand it to the extent necessary to vet it myself, I cannot scrutinize it any better than I can scrutinize the other side. But as I said, I can use some facts along with some knowledge Indo have to strongly suspect the doomsday climate alarmists are at least a little full of ****.

Nevertheless, I’m not gonna play whose expert is betterer than the other’s. If Inwant to be as confident as you are, I’d need to go back to school to study stuff that is dreadfully boring to me.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Lmfao. This thread is great. "We can't predict the weather, so how can we predict the climate."

Some of y'all really the types to dump oil into a river, or set a pile of plastic on fire to own the libs, aren't you?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Lmfao. This thread is great. "We can't predict the weather, so how can we predict the climate."

Some of y'all really the types to dump oil into a river, or set a pile of plastic on fire to own the libs, aren't you?

Anecdotally, if not empirically, conservatives are far better at actually practicing conservation behaviors. The left likes to talk and virtue signal about conservation, and use it as a driver for more state control; but they tend not to be very big into actually practicing the behaviors themselves.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    It appears to me that you’re extremely confident in Tony Heller. Because I’m not a climate scientist, and I don’t have access to all the relevant data and the knowledge to understand it to the extent necessary to vet it myself, I cannot scrutinize it any better than I can scrutinize the other side. But as I said, I can use some facts along with some knowledge Indo have to strongly suspect the doomsday climate alarmists are at least a little full of ****.

Nevertheless, I’m not gonna play whose expert is betterer than the other’s. If Inwant to be as confident as you are, I’d need to go back to school to study stuff that is dreadfully boring to me.

I'm extremely confident in the data. I merely attributed that particular analogy to Tony Heller.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Anecdotally, if not empirically, conservatives are far better at actually practicing conservation behaviors. The left likes to talk and virtue signal about conservation, and use it as a driver for more state control; but they tend not to be very big into actually practicing the behaviors themselves.

This. If they were practicing the behaviors themselves, there would be no need for "carbon credits". I admit I'm not sure exactly how they work but from my very limited understanding, they act as "get out of jail free" cards. You can pollute as much as you want as long as you pay (somebody) enough money.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Found your gif

tenor.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Is this where I repeat my "I used to be an environmental engineer and Superfund Project Manager for US EPA" admission of guilt?

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Found your gif

tenor.gif
    The stance 90% of people take on this issue just **** me off to no end. Some people watch too much Fox News, so the only solution they hear to fighting climate chance is that **** that AOC introduced in the house. Yeah sure lets ban all fossil fuels and cars, that will surely do the trick. The economy? No, we don't need that. There are totally simple things that we can do today to try and help solve the issue, but you won't hear about that because this has become a partisan issue, and GOD FORBID a Republican agrees or want's to assist anything a Democrat suggests. I used to be like most people in this thread. This whole, "The climate changes naturally' nonsense. While it's totally true, it has absolutely nothing to do with the events occurring today. I had to sit back and things, who profits from this? If every major atmospheric scientist and scientific organization AGREES that this is happening and getting worse, how is this profitable for anyone? There are too many mouths coming to this table to feed. Even if someone were making this up to profit from it, there's no where near enough money to sustain the lie.

I studied this in school. It's what I have my degree in. This is what I have an authority to speak on, and I used to be like everyone here. We've become so jaded to everything said by the other side of the political spectrum, that we just write it off as nonsense. Even if that thing is a very real, very potent threat facing the globe.

Yeah, but china amarite?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Al Gore...king of climate change....net worth after losing election in 2000....1.7 million......after pushing his cause of "global warming" since.....net worth over 200 million.....ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm an ocean guy.
    I can tell you that pollution sucks for everything but that has nothing to do with temperatures on this planet of any degree.

You want to understand temperature change that can affect everything on our homeworld but is totally normal?
    Look up El Niño and La Niña and learn the differences. Even NOAA has done detailed studies on them when they're not making a profit pushing fake science.

Always follow the money.
    There are so many grants out there available to fund enough fake science studies to push humans into extinction.

Magnetic-Pole Shift is also a good read.

But again. There's no money to be made with proven science that we already know about. :dunno:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The stance 90% of people take on this issue just **** me off to no end. Some people watch too much Fox News, so the only solution they hear to fighting climate chance is that **** that AOC introduced in the house. Yeah sure lets ban all fossil fuels and cars, that will surely do the trick. The economy? No, we don't need that. There are totally simple things that we can do today to try and help solve the issue, but you won't hear about that because this has become a partisan issue, and GOD FORBID a Republican agrees or want's to assist anything a Democrat suggests. I used to be like most people in this thread. This whole, "The climate changes naturally' nonsense. While it's totally true, it has absolutely nothing to do with the events occurring today. I had to sit back and things, who profits from this? If every major atmospheric scientist and scientific organization AGREES that this is happening and getting worse, how is this profitable for anyone? There are too many mouths coming to this table to feed. Even if someone were making this up to profit from it, there's no where near enough money to sustain the lie.

I studied this in school. It's what I have my degree in. This is what I have an authority to speak on, and I used to be like everyone here. We've become so jaded to everything said by the other side of the political spectrum, that we just write it off as nonsense. Even if that thing is a very real, very potent threat facing the globe.

Yeah, but china amarite?

Ok, this is what you studied and that earns you the right to speak on the subject, so, I have a couple questions for you. If man caused this, man can reverse it. Only makes sense.

The paid off scientists have reached a consensus, its mans fault.
    Tell me how humans changed the climate?

How do we reverse something that you contend we caused?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Questions:
    • If both sides are doing it for the money, what are the names of the scientists and spokesmen for natural global warming?
    • The carbon exchanges are all owned by man made global warming people. How does that money get used to reverse global warming?
    • What is the environmental impact of mining poisonous lithium?

There are others, but let us do this in small bites.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There's the meme of the aftermath of some environmental rally. Trash all over the place.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm extremely confident in the data. I merely attributed that particular analogy to Tony Heller.

I'm confident in the data too. I'm quite sure it exists. I'm not confident what the data say. I don't have it. And, because I'm not trained in climate science, several hours on Google isn't likely to give me the expertise I need to understand it as a climate scientist does. Maybe you have a bit more training than I do, and maybe you have access to the raw data that I don't have.

About what the data say, a lot of scientists seem to think differently. Maybe that's because there's a conspiracy. I mean, I think there is at least a little. The people pushing climate change policy sure do act like they're hiding something. I don't think all the climate scientists are in on it though. And there does seem to be a consensus that the earth is warming, and there's at least a plurality of climate scientists who think it's caused, at least a little, by humans.

I'm not arguing that you're wrong about the data. I can't say because I'm willing to admit that I'm not an expert in this field. I'm asking how do you square what you believe the data says with what others say who study this for a living? Have you heard a rebuttal of Tony Heller's analogy? It's pretty easy to believe something and then find reasons to believe it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, this is what you studied and that earns you the right to speak on the subject, so, I have a couple questions for you. If man caused this, man can reverse it. Only makes sense.

The paid off scientists have reached a consensus, its mans fault.
    Tell me how humans changed the climate?

How do we reverse something that you contend we caused?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    *THIS*

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man where do I start with this one.......:dunno:

No knock just wondering.

I believe the climate is changing. I have been on this rock long enough to see things are not the same. But from what. Do we actually have the power to put things back. Back to what. Are we solely responsible.

And yes I used to watch my idiot relatives and my dad dump used oil down the storm drains. They were all Dems by the way. Laughed when they did it. Idiots.

Top Bottom