• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Some of the Justice's "opinions" concern me. (maybe I should put Justice's in quotation marks, as it seems some are political hacks)

Here's the rub, they illegally searched an apartment that did not contain the perp they were after. There are a number of FAILS in this story. The people get hurt the most...the rest of the citizenry.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some of you get way too uptight about this stuff. So what if they kick in your door without a warrant? If you don't have anything to hide, you should welcome them into your home. Hopefully SCOTUS will get us past all these quaint notions of the Constitution and nonsense like that.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Some of you get way too uptight about this stuff. So what if they kick in your door without a warrant? If you don't have anything to hide, you should welcome them into your home. Hopefully SCOTUS will get us past all these quaint notions of the Constitution and nonsense like that.

edited because upon reflection I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm, but you never know with some of the people around here these days.

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008

Oh, no. You're gonna catch hell for not using purple as many do not possess the mental aptitude to perceive sarcasm.

On a seroius note, I'm surprised at Scalia's response.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I am not surprised if it is over the head of some of the members but I refuse to use purple, just due to other's stupidity.

But how do we know you're not using double reverse sarcasm? You make a sarcastic comment that is actually a sarcastic comment on the sarcasm itself, which means that you actually DO believe that if someone has nothing to hide they shouldn't care about warrantless searches.

Chew on that one for a while.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But how do we know you're not using double reverse sarcasm? You make a sarcastic comment that is actually a sarcastic comment on the sarcasm itself, which means that you actually DO believe that if someone has nothing to hide they shouldn't care about warrantless searches.

Chew on that one for a while.

I am going to put you on double secret probation if you keep that up :ar15:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this will be interesting to see the ruling. It will tell us if there is nothing left to salvage or if we still can repair what is broken. I just have a feeling that the court will say something like "if the police had a reasonable belief the suspect was in that dwelling and were in a pursuit then they were justified ....." or something stupid like that.
    It still doesnt mean they wont get shot the next time they go into the wrong house.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It certainly looks likely that they'll rule that cops can kick in your doors if they smell what they think is pot or have some reason to believe you might destroy evidence. This is a bad way to rule and is likely to ratchet things up to an unacceptable level. There was an incident not too long ago where cops busted into a mans house thinking they smelled pot and in actuality it was a skunk. We have other instances where cops can't smell a thing. Scalia and his drug war crony's on the court are, as has often been the case with them, further degrading our rights, showing that they're just as bad as their liberal counterparts, only in a different way. They love their enforcers and hate the people. Scalia's shown this many times. He needs to go.

A different article on the subject.
    Police can kick down doors in drug searches, some justices say - latimes.com

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    If this surprises you, then you haven't paid attention to many of his previous rulings. He always defers to cops and grants them leeways that no sane Constitutional scholar would. Scalia's a big government tool.
    Scalia’s New Police Professionalism | Cato @ Liberty

Actually, the only full opinion I have read from Scalia was Heller, but I have read and seen many interviews with him and he always appears very libertarian-minded.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    exigent circumstances IMO bad judgment. Obviously the persons identity was known. The charge is a crime against the state not person. No reason to even chase the dude.....arrest warrant.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i have nothing to hide and i wont welcome them into my house. i have a 4th amendment right and plan on retaining it. they have absolutely no right to be in my house. you want in here get a warrant

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    i have nothing to hide and i wont welcome them into my house. i have a 4th amendment right and plan on retaining it. they have absolutely no right to be in my house. you want in here get a warrant
    When they kick in the door they will have their guns drawn and your protestations will fall on deaf ears. What we want is irrelevant. Rights are irrelevant.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    When they kick in the door they will have their guns drawn and your protestations will fall on deaf ears. What we want is irrelevant. Rights are irrelevant.
    as much as i hate to admit it, this is sadly true. still leaves the courts, well maybe.

Top Bottom