• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have said it in other threads, and I'll throw it out here also.

Have a Lawyer on speed dial...
    Makes sense. Unfortunately, in these circumstances you might well be shot ("I thought it was a cell phone gun") or you will hear, "put that down! Stop resisting!". You're unlikely to get that phone call any time soon. I'd certainly suggest you memorise that number, too.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Makes sense. Unfortunately, in these circumstances you might well be shot ("I thought it was a cell phone gun") or you will hear, "put that down! Stop resisting!". You're unlikely to get that phone call any time soon. I'd certainly suggest you memorise that number, too.

That is why I like One Button Speed Dial...
    Some would suggest dialing 911, I suggest a Lawyer... :dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's easy in the particulars to lose sight of a larger issue.

People are in their private residence with their doors closed, smoking a plant that occurs naturally, bothering no one, and the fact they are doing that is enough reason for men with guns to enter by force and deprive them of their freedom.

I hope the cops stopped them before the drugs made them eat a family sized bag of Lays, and half a gallon of Ben and Jerry's while making stupid comments and laughing about nothing.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If "I smelled pot" is enough to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant, does it really matter one way or another? We hold the search warrant in such high regard, but it simply becomes a rubber stamp with little oversight the checks and balances go out the window and scrutiny is simply shifted to another step in the process. Has a judge ever been disciplined for signing off on flimsy warrants? Or is there immunity there as well?

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    It certainly looks likely that they'll rule that cops can kick in your doors if they smell what they think is pot or have some reason to believe you might destroy evidence. This is a bad way to rule and is likely to ratchet things up to an unacceptable level. There was an incident not too long ago where cops busted into a mans house thinking they smelled pot and in actuality it was a skunk. We have other instances where cops can't smell a thing. Scalia and his drug war crony's on the court are, as has often been the case with them, further degrading our rights, showing that they're just as bad as their liberal counterparts, only in a different way. They love their enforcers and hate the people. Scalia's shown this many times. He needs to go.

A different article on the subject.
    Police can kick down doors in drug searches, some justices say - latimes.com

my big question is why cops need to be told not to do these things,,, if they care about america,,,why dont they just refuse to do bad things without being told???

i dont need to be told i shouldnt kick in your door...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    This isn't any different than replying, "Why yes I do mind if you look around inside my car" during a routine no turn signal lane change violation stop. O.k then, we'll wait for the drug dog, oh look the dog licked himself then scratched behind his left ear 3 times, that's a drug indication!

As played out on the I-95 around West Palm one beautiful summers night way back in my youth.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Makes me wonder where the point of no return really is. From this side of it, it still looks like things can be saved (to some, anyway). I'd bet real worthless dollars that the hindsight will show us to have been wrong by about 100 years or so.

I am not surprised if it is over the head of some of the members but I refuse to use purple, just due to other's stupidity.

Hey, now. It ain't stupidity. It's a hard-learned lesson never to read more into the comment than the face value of the words. I said this yesterday: it's not like there aren't people on this board who could have said the same thing without a stitch of sarcasm intended. The absurdity of the statement is no longer a measure of the level of sarcasm, unfortunately, because we've had way too many of late that swallow it all hook, line, and sinker. In the absence of any other clues to the contrary, it's natural to assume that people say what they mean and mean what they say.

But, for the record, I knew it was sarcasm. ;)

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

cell phone, water hose nozzle.........:D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sarcastic or not, your comments are "retarded" as some like to say around here.

That's what's ****ing stupid, you!

Funny that you automatically thought it was a reference to you. My comment was a general one to some of the people that have such a hard time recognizing, what I take to be, obviously sarcastic remarks. My apologies to you if I hurt your feelings.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Many a person has learned the hard way about the "Mind if I take a quick look around" or "What have you got in the trunk" casual search request. Never voluntarily give permission for a search! Never allow a LEO in your door. Politely refuse and make them go through the procedures even if you don't have anything to hide. You never know what can happen.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Many a person has learned the hard way about the "Mind if I take a quick look around" or "What have you got in the trunk" casual search request. Never voluntarily give permission for a search! Never allow a LEO in your door. Politely refuse and make them go through the procedures even if you don't have anything to hide. You never know what can happen.

That always blows my mind on Cops. The guy has a bag of drugs in the car, maybe a stolen firearm, but when asked if he minds them searching the car, he says sure, go ahead. How stupid can you be.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    That always blows my mind on Cops. The guy has a bag of drugs in the car, maybe a stolen firearm, but when asked if he minds them searching the car, he says sure, go ahead. How stupid can you be.

People will give themselves away. Few people are trained to believe their own lie on the spot. With fair amount of training its very easy to detect deception.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Funny that you automatically thought it was a reference to you. My comment was a general one to some of the people that have such a hard time recognizing, what I take to be, obviously sarcastic remarks. My apologies to you if I hurt your feelings.

Actually my feelings weren't hurt one bit.. I served this nation honorably for people like yourself to say such stupid ****.. so go on, say stupid ****!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually my feelings weren't hurt one bit.. I served this nation honorably for people like yourself to say such stupid ****.. so go on, say stupid ****!

You still sound hurt. Now I feel bad, knowing that I have brought such suffering to you.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

So please don't cheapen your service and your sacrifice by using it to place yourself up on a pedestal and pretend you're better than someone else because of it. It ceases being an act of selfless motivation when you throw it out there for the purposes of putting someone down.

Top Bottom