• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Take a picture of the perp, car, license plate. Send to DNR/LEO (or threaten to.) Safety hazard at a public shooting range.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    This starting to happen on private club properties also, We have a couple people at our local club that will grab your brass when your hanging targets, Loading mags, ect. They don't go after mine anymore though!!!! What gets me is it is the same people that never fire a firearm that i have seen. One of the guys is in his 70's and tries to sell the brass to other club members after he cleans it. Several people have gotten burnt by him because it is mixed with berdan primed rifle and pistol!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm awful glad I haven't run into people like this on the range much.

Over the years, I've been asked twice if I was keeping my brass. Once the the gent, who just had a bucket, was told "I'm here shooting in this bay, everything that shines is mine." The other a young guy on the rifle line with a .308 had seen my .308 also. He got told "Yes, I'm keeping all of my brass and yours as well." We kinda got to be pals.:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This starting to happen on private club properties also, We have a couple people at our local club that will grab your brass when your hanging targets, Loading mags, ect. They don't go after mine anymore though!!!! What gets me is it is the same people that never fire a firearm that i have seen. One of the guys is in his 70's and tries to sell the brass to other club members after he cleans it. Several people have gotten burnt by him because it is mixed with berdan primed rifle and pistol!!!

And he is still a member....:scratch:

I do not reload but I will keep my brass for my friends if I am so inclined. If you are up around my equipment while I am down range I will get dead up in your butt. Stay out of my lane and away from my gear.
    If you ask I will probably smile and say yes but wait until I am done please.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Most of those people are just not set to actually work a real job. Back ground check failures etc and so on.

The scrappers who do it as a way of life? I wouldn't trust a single one I've met with a dead cat. I suspect that when the pickins' are slim, they're the same ones stealing from construction sites and streetlights.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And he is still a member....:scratch:

I do not reload but I will keep my brass for my friends if I am so inclined. If you are up around my equipment while I am down range I will get dead up in your butt. Stay out of my lane and away from my gear.
    If you ask I will probably smile and say yes but wait until I am done please.

Pretty much sums up my stance on it as well. Wouldn't trust them one bit and don't want anyone near my gear and don't really like people standing behind me in general when up range. Yeah, I have trust issues, but it has served me well so far. And another reason I am NEVER unarmed while at a range (try not to be unarmed anytime).

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The scrappers who do it as a way of life? I wouldn't trust a single one I've met with a dead cat. I suspect that when the pickins' are slim, they're the same ones stealing from construction sites and streetlights.

We've had metal deck furniture stolen off decks here in Edinburgh area. I don't trust them very far at all. Had one guy walk up and ask if he could have some rotors laying beside my garage. I gave them to him. He said 'I Like to ask, some guys don't.'. I liked him...seemed nice enough. Clean, nicer, but not new truck, etc.

I had a bag of pop cans for my daughter stolen from beside the house before. Pissed me off. If it ain't by the road, don't f'in touch it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And you would be correct. Vacant houses loosing outdoor A/C units etc. They will drive and scope an area and then pick it clean.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or lack of a desire to shower or get up on a regular basis....or retired and living on a fixed income. That sums up what I see at the reuse center in my area.

There is a wrecking yard/recovery/scrapping operation local that I know the family very well. My buddy runs the auto salvage side and my son works there servicing/repairing the wreckers and yard equipment. The stream of unwashed bringing scrap into the re-cycling yard is educational as to the life style/mindset of this part of society. Shifty bunch. Do not leave anything of value out in the open.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    There is a wrecking yard/recovery/scrapping operation local that I know the family very well. My buddy runs the auto salvage side and my son works there servicing/repairing the wreckers and yard equipment. The stream of unwashed bringing scrap into the re-cycling yard is educational as to the life style/mindset of this part of society. Shifty bunch. Do not leave anything of value out in the open.

Kind of reminds me of that movie, The Selfish Giant. In the end, shows how poorly scrapping can go (pretty sad ending, since the main characters are children growing up in a poor area in Northern England).

boensig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2017
    Kokomo
    And you would be correct. Vacant houses loosing outdoor A/C units etc. They will drive and scope an area and then pick it clean.
    I’ve seen a whole vacant nursing home destroyed for its cooper pipes and wire. It’s a shame, it looked like it was a decent place.

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Friend in Seymour had his metal fire pit stolen out of his back yard. Cops spotted two guys carrying it down an alley a few blocks away. They drop it and run. By the time the cops got back to where the guys had dropped the fire pit it had been snatched up by somebody else.

Top Bottom