• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Reading this thread, makes me realize even more why I don't like a lot of people. Lot of a$$hats in the word, lot of people that need kicked in the teeth but for some reason you can't do that to them

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I work in the construction field folks as an electrician so I encounter Scrappers all the time. Usually they drive around in a beat-up pickup truck and dig through dumpsters on job sites. The stories I have about Scrappers is a huge list!

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Which is why I do not want anyone around my gear even if I am there. Friends/RO's yes but just people......"NO"

Exact reason I joined a range. I have a job where most of my afternoons are free, but that also means I go to the range by myself alot. But now there are usually people I know or RSO's around when you need to change a target or use the restroom. People see me picking my brass up and tell me I can have theirs if I want it. Much nicer range experiences now.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    No unattended public ranges around the Btown area, but with JB's in town there are easily a thousand "full-time" scrappers crawling all over the city, snatching anything that isn't nailed down. Don't even have to pay for large item trash pickup, just put anything with a little bit of metal in the front yard and it will be gone in a day. They're all riding around town in busted-up overloaded S10s and Rangers that go down the road crooked. I dunno what JB's gives you for brass, but I can absolutely see those people practically holding an empty Kroger sack up to your AR's ejection port. Where I used to work, if you were hanging out back, they'd park their junk trucks and push past you to pick butts out of the ashtray by the door. They'd suck on a butt, pick through the dumpster, then jump back in the truck and wheeze on down the road to the next place they think they can grab a free smoke and some scrap. I really don't like the idea of those people hanging around when I'm trying to shoot, some of them won't stop at snatching brass.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yup, you really do see some pretty "colorful" guys at JB Salvage. Old pickups with no tailgate with crap stacked up over the cab and nothing tied down. It's also a really great place to get shrapnel to punch through your tires...... I drug an old mower that blew up out to my dumpster one day and called my trash hauler to see if they would pick it up. Literally 15 minutes later - it was gone LOL. I would NEVER shoot at a range with people I don't know crawling all over and around my stuff. You can't concentrate on shooting like that. As far as guys stepping in front of you on the line to snatch your hot brass - I would have to scare them away. As in - completely OFF of the range.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Yup, you really do see some pretty "colorful" guys at JB Salvage. Old pickups with no tailgate with crap stacked up over the cab and nothing tied down. It's also a really great place to get shrapnel to punch through your tires...... I drug an old mower that blew up out to my dumpster one day and called my trash hauler to see if they would pick it up. Literally 15 minutes later - it was gone LOL. I would NEVER shoot at a range with people I don't know crawling all over and around my stuff. You can't concentrate on shooting like that. As far as guys stepping in front of you on the line to snatch your hot brass - I would have to scare them away. As in - completely OFF of the range.

Ain't that the truth. Any time I have to take the truck there, I figure the next day I'll have to run a plug into a tire.

Not just the guys with run-down trucks. You'll see dudes on foot, carrying stuff or pushing carts up that damn hill. :laugh: Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Yeah I feel the same way. Anyone not shooting and getting in the way is not going to like me at all. Of course that is easily done anyway.....:)

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Glad to find someone on here that actually agrees with me. I was beginning to think I must be really weird....... Your avatar photo is priceless.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I feel very lucky. I have been shooting at the public ranges in the region for almost eight years. I have been muzzle swept, but have never dealt with bad scrappers. They politely ask, when I am not shooting, if they can have my brass, I say yes. 99 percent of the people I have met at the range have been great

Top Bottom