• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I could care less about a cratch on any of my firearms they are tools and get banged up from tme to time. I have 2 1911s one has idiot mark one doesnt, and I put the mark there BFD !

Your guns... have at 'em.... I'm not sure what cratch is, but you might want to be careful of the English Deacons... :patriot:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Quite true. That being said, I'd guess that most folks don't learn to fly jets without basic ground school being completed first.

...and the deacons of the English language are going to rant about how others use their own language? hmmmmm.... I'm beginning to see some similarities here.

Gee, as long as it can be understood, how anyone uses English should be ok.... right ? :dunno:

Yes, as long as it can be understood, it's okay. Which is why you don't see me ranting about language here, just drawing a conclusion based on the other guy's premise. Also, I don't even edit my own writing here so I make lots of mistakes and leave them. I write for a living - so I could, if I wished, point out how people can't use language, just like someone else spoke with disdain about all the stupid people who can't use tools. Lot's of people who can use tools can't write worth a damn, but you won't see me looking down on them for it.

Snobbery is snobbery, whether it comes from a guy with a PhD towards a working man, or a working towards a PhD who can't use a screwdriver. Same ugliness, different details.

As to flying a jet, ignorance while operating a jet has some pretty severe consequences, while scratching a piece of forged steel that belongs to them - in the big scheme of things, I'd say that was consequence-free.

Mainly I was just joking and poking a little. Also maybe pointing out that people who acquire great knowledge or great skill in a particular area often forget that not having squirted out from the womb knowing how to do that particular thing, they were once ignorant and unskilled at whatever it is they master now. A little grace shown towards those who don't know shows class and wisdom.

Like Jetgirl above, who posted a link showing how to do something properly.

So apologies all around, this got more serious than I meant at first. Sometimes when I jump from the politics forums to the gun forums I forget to change tone. Reps for everybody on the house.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Dross, I agree with lots of what you have to say. It wouldn't be unusual at all for me to display a lack of tact.... sometimes I wish I had more of it, but that too, in excess, can become undesirable.

While maltreatment of a gun (or anything) that isn't mine shouldn't bother me a bit, it does..... so I'll just shut up about it.......

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Your guns... have at 'em.... I'm not sure what cratch is, but you might want to be careful of the English Deacons... :patriot:
    Wow made a mistake (1st time for everything):D Its almost a releif after a new gun gets scratched IMHO but to each there own :patriot:

Last edited:

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    I own up to the idiot scratch on my 1911. It was used and the previous owner did a good job keeping it clean. I am reminded every time I see that scratch to take my time with assembly and disassembly.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Some pistols are a little more difficult to assemble than others. A small round file, 5 minutes and a little instruction can solve the problem. That's the way the smiths at Nighthawk fix them. I specifically ask that question when I was there and watched the procedure... Not rocket science, just simple mechanics. :)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I know, right?
    I'll own a Colt some day, but I'll sure not treat it like the one in that photo.
    If you look at the slide right above the slide stop, it appears that the scratch is continued upwards ...ON THE SLIDE.
    Sheesh...what were they doing?

Mine has that. I won't ever get it refinished though. I had thought about it when I bought it but the worn look has grown on me. And no, I didn't make the scratch or make it worse. If I remember right, mine was made in the early-mid 50s. I know it isn't a highly collectible firearm as it is as slowly Sistema. It was an Argentinian Army issue. If it were newer, I'd probably not embrace the scratch or the other imperfections in the finish.

Top Bottom