• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Nope she got the gun, (Ruger security six) and a lot of my tools including a chainsaw. Needless to say I slept with one eye open for quite a while after that! :D

And that is why I fear marriage. It is really a legal document. Loving someone and saying you two will stick together through thick and thin without marriage, at best isn't legally binding. That way, I can still do this :ar15: without the risk of losing any of my precious firearms :)

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I sold a great ruger security six and a witness compact stainless 9mm. Regret everyday.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It got so bad (my addiction to guns) that I opened a gun shop. The funny thing is that in order for me to stay in business I have to sell guns. Yet.... I miss everyone of them I sell even though selling them is my reason for being.

I may try a 12 step program. The wife let's me take one home every two weeks and that helps with the DT's.:D

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I regret every gun I've ever sold. I can't afford to just "collect" but that's the role I fit best in. The only gun I sold and haven't yet replaced is my deer rifle. I doubt I'll get another like it, my dad and step mom each have the same rifle so I'll get two some day;) When I sold my old marlin 60 I was lost for YEARS...when my son came of age, I bought a used one for him. I can't even make myself trade, I just want more, not different. I wanna be the old guy that has ppl carrying guns out for days after I die. By the truck load.

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    I have had a few Kimbers that I got great deals on and made a few hunderd on them when I sold them..but..Wish I had them back..Dont even remember what I did with the couple hundered$$???

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The only one I really regret is selling the first gun I ever purchased. Bought a Walther PPK stainless when I was 21. Kept it, carried it, and really liked it.

I've thought about buyin another but I never do. I guess it was just the sentimentality of it being my first firearm.

All other guns I've sold or traded were done so for a reason. I didn't like it, I found something better, or it wasn't needed anymore. I don't spend much time in regret.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Always buy, never sell.

It's not so much seller's remorse for me. It's more Buyer's Remorse. Remorse that I dont have more money to buy more.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I have had the sellers remorse once. I had a G36 about 4 or 5 years ago when a customer came in to the shop looking for one. We had one in the shop at the time and as you know it was on my side. The gentleman wanted it more than I did at the time so I was forced to sell it. I regretted selling it for years to come and looked to replace it the whole time. Then one day last year I came to realized it missed me too when the guy I sold it to brought it to me wanting to sell it back. The perk to the whole deal is I bought it back at his price of $400 and he showed me that he did all the upgrades to it we had discussed those many years before. So I guess I really don't regret selling it after all since I now have it again upgraded.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I use to but I just set and look at the new one for a while then I get all bubbly inside again. Would rather have one I'm going to use then one I hardly ever see.

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Every time, never sell a gun even one you don't like just save up and buy another.
    suggestion: give the ones you don't like to friends as presents.

I've thought of that, but I don't believe they need to be in possession of firearms. That's why invite them over to shoot MY guns lol

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I sold my PX4 Storm .40sw and immediately regretted it. Now that I am a better pistol shooter, I regret it even more. Shouldn't have let it go for only $400 in the condition it was in. Went to a good cause though (local merchant wanting a shop protection firearm that was intuitive to shoot but had a safety).

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I bought a heavily modified P6 from a fellow INGOer and loved it. Shot like butta. Sold it off to afford another toy, almost immediately regretted it. Fast forward about three years, and another INGOer has one for trade. I had an old mossburg 500 20 guage that ran great, but which I never shot, and an old school 10/22 that I'd recently replaced with a sexed up model from yet another INGOer. New P6 onwer was willing to trade, and I'm finally back in possession of "the smoothest shooting 9mm on the planet.". Sig love, baby.

Top Bottom