• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You sound like you listen to NPR @ 6pm on a Friday :)
    My guess is he knows this race will depend on turn out. He probably also knows he won't get too many votes from non-democrats so he can't do anything to make his voters mad and stay home. Voting for Kavanaugh likely would have done that. Hopefully, there'll be enough independents that were dismayed by that spectacle this past week to turn on him.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Can we just vote Donnelly out of office already!! He does nothing of consequence, introduces no legislation of consequence and is a rubber stamp for those libtards in the Democrap party know as Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein and the idiot from Vermont. Please unite and vote Donnelly out of office.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Can we just vote Donnelly out of office already!! He does nothing of consequence, introduces no legislation of consequence and is a rubber stamp for those libtards in the Democrap party know as Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein and the idiot from Vermont. Please unite and vote Donnelly out of office.

Be patient.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    First thing, why are political ads so ..... dumb? I get issues and voting records are boring, but how about we pretend it's about an issue here and there? The cutesy nicknames and slapfights over character aren't appealing.

I gave Donnelly a chance. I'm pretty sure I'll be voting against him this go round. He actually is bipartisan in many regards. One of the highest in the Senate for bipartisan co-sponsors, etc. I like he tried to bring attention to mental healthcare for first responders, and while his voting record is hit-and-miss on alignment with my preferences my real issue is how ineffective he's been. One of the worst, if not THE worst, record for getting bills out of committee, getting anything signed in to law, etc.

This whole SCOTUS circus is another example. If you want to disagree on his record as a judge, etc. I understand that and even if I disagree I can respect your opinion. Trying to judge someone's ability to do the job well based on what they might or might not have done as a teenager some 30 years prior? That's "political ad" and not substance.

Another Ballard, IMO. I gave him a chance, but it didn't pan out. So, bye.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Even if he's bipartisan on some fronts, the left has declared war on the rule of law, common sense, and decency. Even the "moderate" dems seem to bloc vote on the big issues. So, we have no choice; we need to cinch up the belts on our big-boy pants, and do the right thing; being p***ys is no longer an option.

Oh, and I applaud your reasoned conclusion.

First thing, why are political ads so ..... dumb? I get issues and voting records are boring, but how about we pretend it's about an issue here and there? The cutesy nicknames and slapfights over character aren't appealing.

I gave Donnelly a chance. I'm pretty sure I'll be voting against him this go round. He actually is bipartisan in many regards. One of the highest in the Senate for bipartisan co-sponsors, etc. I like he tried to bring attention to mental healthcare for first responders, and while his voting record is hit-and-miss on alignment with my preferences my real issue is how ineffective he's been. One of the worst, if not THE worst, record for getting bills out of committee, getting anything signed in to law, etc.

This whole SCOTUS circus is another example. If you want to disagree on his record as a judge, etc. I understand that and even if I disagree I can respect your opinion. Trying to judge someone's ability to do the job well based on what they might or might not have done as a teenager some 30 years prior? That's "political ad" and not substance.

Another Ballard, IMO. I gave him a chance, but it didn't pan out. So, bye.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Donnelly is only bipartisan, when his vote doesn't matter. When given permission from Reid/Shumer, in an attempt to keep the seat that they know they should have never had in the first place.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have contacted Joe's office on several occasions about a couple issues. Obviously the 2nd amendment and the Kavanaugh vote. Never have I received anything that could be any type of commitment Other than he takes into consideration the interests of all citizens.

Joe has got to go!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A friend of mine who was going to vote for Donnelly told me this morning that there wasn't a chance in hell of that anymore.

I talked to some friends over the weekend and they think Joe had polling that said his base was watching the Kavanaugh issue as a litmus test. That is, anything less than "no" would've risked those votes.

I think that was short-sighted. Those people are going to vote no matter what in this election, and when they're in the voting booth, I have a hard time believing they'd either vote for Braun or not vote for Donnelly. His position on Kavanaugh reflects a fundamental lack of confidence in his campaign.

Thought that was interesting.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I talked to some friends over the weekend and they think Joe had polling that said his base was watching the Kavanaugh issue as a litmus test. That is, anything less than "no" would've risked those votes.

I think that was short-sighted. Those people are going to vote no matter what in this election, and when they're in the voting booth, I have a hard time believing they'd either vote for Braun or not vote for Donnelly. His position on Kavanaugh reflects a fundamental lack of confidence in his campaign.

Thought that was interesting.

I was wondering about his timing. Coming out before the committee vote was weird. I figured he would have drug his feet until the last minute. I just don't know why he suddenly moved like that. Had all the Republicans lined up, he would have been able to say "I'm not the deciding vote" and dodged the bullet.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That rabid radical leftist fringe has certainly been hammering his FB page with threats if he didn't fall in line on this vote.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That rabid radical leftist fringe has certainly been hammering his FB page with threats if he didn't fall in line on this vote.

Ok. But what are they going to do? Run a progressive in the next primary?

Oh. Wait. Never mind.

(That should be his attitude. As noted, the timing of Say-No Joe saying "no" was a terrible decision. Other candidates in tight races are saying, "Process process and more process." That's what he should have said, even if that is what he seems to be saying now.)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would not be surprised if the threats came from the other end. Schumer may have threatened him along with the big money donors that are funding his TV ads.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Donnelly's faux pas was the assuming nothing would change by the end of the meeting. Now that the FBI is investigating...I think that will hurt him among middle of the road folks

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Very close friend of mine is the Indiana Director for Americans for Prosperity. He told me 2 days ago the Donnelly is internally polling 2 points ahead as of this past weekend, which is within margin of error. He believes that Indiana fundamentalists will vote no and beat him out

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If anyone knows this a-hole, tell him and his bad toupee to stop showing up when I'm trying to watch football highlights...or anything else.

Seriously, if this is his actual demeanor, I have to wonder how he walks around without getting hit in the nards at least once a day.

Braun.png

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If anyone knows this a-hole, tell him and his bad toupee to stop showing up when I'm trying to watch football highlights...or anything else.

Seriously, if this is his actual demeanor, I have to wonder how he walks around without getting hit in the nards at least once a day.

Braun.png

If I ever run into him, that's exactly what I would probably do.

I hate, hate, hate that these kind of ads are effective. I'm not particularly fond of either Donnelly or Braun, but I do think they are likely both decent guys that bear little resemblance to the ogres portrayed in the ads.

Top Bottom