• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Anyone see Dons last commercial stating he is pro-gun and pro-life......? Pretty sure he voted for more Planned Parenthood tax funding, whats his record with guns? Didn't vote for him thats for sure but just wondered.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Our house received a couple of thick stock 4color fold out ads in the mail for Donnelley that was sponsored by Natl Association of Realtors PAC. Curious why they’re pouring money in to support him.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Anyone see Dons last commercial stating he is pro-gun and pro-life......? Pretty sure he voted for more Planned Parenthood tax funding, whats his record with guns? Didn't vote for him thats for sure but just wondered.
    NRA gave him an F. He supports universal background checks, something the state he represents stopped because they were ineffective, and he supports using the terror watchlist to stop people owning firearms - so he favors circumventing due process and using secret courts to gut the Second Amendment.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Joe is from NY and lives for DC, I would be loath to call IN his state or refer to him as a representative. He is a stateist though, that's what he represents.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    NRA gave him an F. He supports universal background checks, something the state he represents stopped because they were ineffective, and he supports using the terror watchlist to stop people owning firearms - so he favors circumventing due process and using secret courts to gut the Second Amendment.

I don't know why I'm not seeing ads thumping Joe on his record. And I'm about tired of seeing that ***damn "ax" commercial. He swings that thing like it's the first time he's ever touched an ax. Almost as bad as anti-gun candidates pretending to be gun friendly by holding up guns, looking likely they've never touched one before. Or, white collar politicians pretending to be working class.

Braun was a bad choice, but that's the hand we're dealt. He should spend more time hammering Donnelly where he's weakest, and less time rolling up his fake blue sleeves as if he uses his hands for more than...well, never mind.

You'd think that Republicans would be spending like crazy as if they WANT to take this seat. I see 10 Donnely commercials for every Braun commercial. WTF are they doing? It seems to me that Dems want to keep the seat more than Repubs want to take it. They have to be spending way more than the Braun and the Republicans.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I've had a 1 on 1 with him with a pro-gun group. I studied his records, knew the questions he was going to ask on why he should vote our way and had the answers. We never really got to give our side. He was set in his ways, he was not going to change them and he made that very clear. He is NOT pro-gun. He was condescending to us, us being a group of women and one man. I wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Faker Joe is trying to make a hard right turn just before the election.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Watching TV Sunday I would say the ratio of commercials were 4-1 Donnelly-Braun. Not sure if too much Donnelly or not enough Braun. Some serious money being poured into Indiana for Donnelly so I would guess the Dems are worried. Although Trump is scheduled to appear in Fort Wayne Nov. 5th so the Republicans appear to be worried too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    NWI could swing the state for Donnelly.

Where are all of the people coming from that are clogging the polling places daily for early voting. I've never seen it that crowded when we had to do it in one day.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    NWI could swing the state for Donnelly.

Where are all of the people coming from that are clogging the polling places daily for early voting. I've never seen it that crowded when we had to do it in one day.

That's probably not a good thing...being so close to Crook County and all.

Edit for clarity: yes I agree. It'll go TO Donnelly

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Braun is a sleaze bag that thinks he is a Christian. I do not doubt his Salvation, that is not my point. Christianity is the ACT of living Christlike. His muckraking smear campaign against his Republican primary opponents was straight out of the Democrat play book.

I will vote for him and Leva (v. Visclosky) too. Most likely neither will win. Should Braun win I do not expect him to be any more conservative than Donnelly. Leva has as much experience as Obama had and he is a 911 truther.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Donnelly has long been considered the most at-risk Democrat Senator in the country. They are desperate to retain his seat. That aside, here's how the campaign ads are going.

Donnelly: Braun is a liar and a hypocrite.
    Braun: Donnelly is a hypocrite and a liar.
    Who you believe is going to be decided by which party you identify with.

Easy solution for me: Go with the NRA's rating. Braun - A. Donnelly - C-.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Donnelly has long been considered the most at-risk Democrat Senator in the country. They are desperate to retain his seat. That aside, here's how the campaign ads are going.

I believe both, I don't see much difference. Braun is a life long Democrat that changed to Republican not many years ago (as I understand).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I am so tired of having to choose between the lesser of two evils rather than being able to cast my vote for the best candidate.

To a lesser or greater extent, every electoral choice will always be between the lesser of two evils. There is no perfect candidate.

...but it would be nice to have the evils a little less evil.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I believe both, I don't see much difference. Braun is a life long Democrat that changed to Republican not many years ago (as I understand).

Just like Trump. amirite?

Pretty much sums it up for me. Actually, Donnelly got a 'D' in the last guide I saw.

Top Bottom