• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm not saying CBhausen and I lowered the average age in the room at Anderson, wait that's exactly what I'm saying. We were standing because we were younger than everyone (except one) who was sitting. I think CB is a year older than me, and I voted for Reagan (84, too young in 80) if that tells you anything...

I have lots of practice keeping up with my twins going on 4 this December. Keeping up with a bunch of snaggletooth mommies who need some action is no problem for me. Kelly, I will contact you off-line about teaming up for this one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have lots of practice keeping up with my twins going on 4 this December. Keeping up with a bunch of snaggletooth mommies who need some action is no problem for me. Kelly, I will contact you off-line about teaming up for this one.

Roger that. It'll be interesting to see what happens here in Hendricks County.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    CBhausen and I going in before long. After action report coming later this evening.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That was not what I expected! There were two staffers, Elizabeth (Army Reserve Captain who will be on active duty soon) and Steve (older dude). Much different format than Anderson (16-4 not in the Pro-2A favor) that was rather tense. This was more fill out a contact sheet, write your concerns at the bottom and speak privately with the staffer.

CB and I were there at Noon, there was an older lady (maybe 75-ish) I had pegged as an anti, but she was a Climate Change Kool Aid drinker.

We were there for an hour, NOT ONE ANTI SHOWED UP!!! This really worked out well since CBHausen and I could bring up issues from the non-existent gun show loophole (0.8%!!) and our concerns with Senator Braun saying "we've got to do something..." Both of us stated it was good to hear his "no UBC" position.

We definitely pressed the "law abiding gun owners are the law abiding citizens" point. With two of us there we could trade off quoting the stats and making the case for 2A.

With this format: you could swing by at lunch, fill out the info (which gets scanned) and make your case in plenty of time to get back to work.

We covered NFA of 1934 (wouldn't have affected the gangsters), the British having a 2nd Amendment 100 years before us and still losing RKBA, and about everything else. One hour well spent.

CB closed with, "I have young children, I don't want them to have less rights than me."

Also met INGOer BrownTrix today. His uncle was a Police Officer killed in the line of duty 25 years ago in South Carolina. Despite a 999 year sentence, the murderer keeps coming up for parole. Many issues here, the murderer should never breathe the air of freedom again is first and foremost.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    These events hosted by Senator Braun’s staffers really are a great way to make your views known. We all know it’s nearly impossible to get real face time with our Senators so for many of us this is as close as we are ever going to get.

Although I’m uneasy with Senator Braun’s squishy views on the Second Amendment I do appreciate the fact that we have an opportunity to go “on the record” with him, so to speak.

There have been and will be many more opportunities to come out to these events and make your views known. It really does make a difference to show up face-to-face and be heard, not just on 2A but veteran’s affairs, property rights, or whatever else is front and center in your world (or might shape your kids’ future).

The recent events have been cordial, low pressure and down to earth. If you don’t like talking in front of people you don’t have to. You can fill out the form and speak to Senator Braun’s staffers privately if you wish (I believe the Senator’s staffers may have modified the format to keep things from getting contentious like up in Anderson was).

So check the schedule, get a wingman, and be heard. If all politics is local, this is about as local as it gets with our US Senators. Having several pro-2A folks at each meeting can and will make a difference. And don’t hesitate to let the Senator know he has to earn your vote when he’s up for re-election. I did, and it felt good to do that.

And of course a big “thank you!” to KellyinAvon for everything he does in support of our 2A rights. We need many more like him around here.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    His staff will be in Winamac tomorrow Oct 21st at 623 W 11th street from 11 to 2 thats what I got in an email with a whole list of events.

Thanks for the info chevyguy. We have to remind our elected officials that we pay attention.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    That was not what I expected! There were two staffers, Elizabeth (Army Reserve Captain who will be on active duty soon) and Steve (older dude). Much different format than Anderson (16-4 not in the Pro-2A favor) that was rather tense. This was more fill out a contact sheet, write your concerns at the bottom and speak privately with the staffer.

CB and I were there at Noon, there was an older lady (maybe 75-ish) I had pegged as an anti, but she was a Climate Change Kool Aid drinker.

We were there for an hour, NOT ONE ANTI SHOWED UP!!! This really worked out well since CBHausen and I could bring up issues from the non-existent gun show loophole (0.8%!!) and our concerns with Senator Braun saying "we've got to do something..." Both of us stated it was good to hear his "no UBC" position.

We definitely pressed the "law abiding gun owners are the law abiding citizens" point. With two of us there we could trade off quoting the stats and making the case for 2A.

With this format: you could swing by at lunch, fill out the info (which gets scanned) and make your case in plenty of time to get back to work.

We covered NFA of 1934 (wouldn't have affected the gangsters), the British having a 2nd Amendment 100 years before us and still losing RKBA, and about everything else. One hour well spent.

CB closed with, "I have young children, I don't want them to have less rights than me."

Also met INGOer BrownTrix today. His uncle was a Police Officer killed in the line of duty 25 years ago in South Carolina. Despite a 999 year sentence, the murderer keeps coming up for parole. Many issues here, the murderer should never breathe the air of freedom again is first and foremost.

God bless you.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Date: Friday, November 8, 2019
    Time: 3pm - 5pm
    127 E Madison Street
    Tipton, IN 46072

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Time to dust this one off! In my neck of the woods but "signs point to no" for making this one. CBhausen and I have been to a couple of these. You can come in, say your piece and leave or hang out a while.

[h=1]Staff Mobile Office Hours[/h] United States Senator Mike Braun's staff will be in your area soon! We are here to assist you with any issues you are having with federal agencies, listen to concerns about pending or future legislation, and help address any other topics you may want to discuss.
    Please see below for details:
    Date: Friday, January 24, 2020
    Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
    421 E Main Street
    Jamestown, IN 46147

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Dust this one off...

[h=1]Staff Mobile Office Hours[/h] United States Senator Mike Braun’s staff will be in your area soon! We are here to assist you with any issues you are having with federal agencies, listen to concerns about pending or future legislation, and help address any other topics you may want to discuss.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are asking anyone wishing to attend the Mobile Office RSVP and work with our staff to schedule a time to discuss how our office can be of assistance. You may do so by emailing Regional Director Kayla Trambaugh at Kayla_trambaugh@braun.senate.gov. Our staff will be wearing face coverings for your safety and theirs and we encourage you to consider doing so as well to remain consistent with Indiana’s “Back on Track” Stage 5 recommendations. Further, we ask you to respect social distancing recommendations with staff during your meeting and with other attendees while coming or going.
    Please see below for details:

Date: Thursday, October 22, 2020
    Time: 1:00PM - 3:00PM
    106 N. Lebanon St.
    Lizton, IN 46149

If you need immediate assistance with a federal agency, please complete, print, and sign the attached Privacy Release Form. You may bring this form to one of our mobile office hours or you can send it to the Senator’s state office by mail at 115 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 100, Indianapolis, IN 46204 or via email to braun_casework@braun.senate.gov. You may also contact the Senator about any casework issues by visiting our federal agency assistance page .

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom