• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    She's the greatest female tennis player ever. Anyone can have a bad day.

You guys don't look all that good in white tennis shorts...so I just figure you're jealous. :)

Necro post of the month to Doc, however. That's a looooooong stretch.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Loooong stretch that it was a better necro post, or that she’s not an entitled elitist goober who exhibited the worst case of sportsmanship in a championship event in years?

and I do not find Serena attractive in any way. Tennis shorts or a dry suit, hard pass. As lady tennis players go she’s sub par. Now... Kournakova we can have a discussion about... but was she really ever a tennis player?

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Loooong stretch that it was a better necro post, or that she’s not an entitled elitist goober who exhibited the worst case of sportsmanship in a championship event in years?

and I do not find Serena attractive in any way. Tennis shorts or a dry suit, hard pass. As lady tennis players go she’s sub par. Now... Kournakova we can have a discussion about... but was she really ever a tennis player?
    I threw up in my mouth alittle doc lol. I never even thought about serena in that context till you said that lol. Then you had mentioned necro post and I thought, yeah I'd rather bang a corpse than that robust beast.
    Although at least she resembles a female unlike Michelle O who looks like a man who worked in a bar as a beer bottle opener, with his teeth, locked in a small cubbie under the bar where he was fed raw turnips and small children, till one day they needed a paid companion for the local community organizer and let him out for the job, and the rest is infamy

Kournakova, oh hell yeah.
    I'd penetrate the Soviet border

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Her obnoxious behavior and elitist attitude has been on display since she arrived on the pro tennis scene, hence the necropost. No surprise to me and I'm sure it will happen again. As she gets older and other " kids" start kicking her butt she will devolve into a s***show like the tennis world hasn't seen since McEnroe. It's a game, she needs to grow up and shelve the "big me little you" attitude.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    She's mouthy because she's competitive. That's it; that's all.

In the modern era, with decentralization of good training (and this applies to all the major sports), the differences between winning and losing can be VERY small, so you compete for every competitive advantage. At least, those who want to be great do that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    https://m.france24.com/en/20180910-navratilova-serena-even-guys-do-it-its-wrong

t lex... competitive is not the reason. Every single player is competitive. They did not elevate to that level without an intense passion and desire to succeed. It’s a personality flaw

Flaw?

That's in the eye of the beholder.

They all have 'passion' and 'desire to succeed.' The drive to not give up a single point of leverage, against an opponent nor a referee/umpire, is what I see.

Same as Jordan, James, Neymar and almost every NFL QB and wide receiver that complains to the ref about no-calls when they get grazed.

I truly do believe that much of the "problem" (ETA: the problem that some people have with her) with Serena is a combination of envy, her gender, and her skin color. Well, part of it is the traditionalist expectation that women's tennis is supposed to be "above" this kind of thing. Like women's lacrosse. It is "supposed" to be a more gentile sport.

Only, it isn't really played like that anymore.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. Her obnoxious behavior and elitist attitude has been on display since she arrived on the pro tennis scene, hence the necropost. No surprise to me and I'm sure it will happen again. As she gets older and other " kids" start kicking her butt she will devolve into a s***show like the tennis world hasn't seen since McEnroe. It's a game, she needs to grow up and shelve the "big me little you" attitude.

But, but, but. . . . . . . . . . she only got like 1.6 million dollars for LOSING! It's not fair!!:tantrum:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Flaw?

They all have 'passion' and 'desire to succeed.' The drive to not give up a single point of leverage, against an opponent nor a referee/umpire, is what I see.

Same as Jordan, James, Neymar and almost every NFL QB and wide receiver that complains to the ref about no-calls when they get grazed.

I truly do believe that much of the "problem" (ETA: the problem that some people have with her) with Serena is a combination of envy, her gender, and her skin color. Well, part of it is the traditionalist expectation that women's tennis is supposed to be "above" this kind of thing. Like women's lacrosse. It is "supposed" to be a more gentile sport.

Gender and skin color? LOL. That's pretty funny. Who gives a crap about that? I HIGHLY doubt your assesment.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Gender and skin color? LOL. That's pretty funny. Who gives a crap about that? I HIGHLY doubt your assesment.

Ok. :)

I think alot of people, especially among those involved in tennis, are uncomfortable with a black woman acting like that.

It is also probably worth pointing out that much of the tennis-loving world resides outside of the US. That's a double-edged sword. There isn't necessarily the US-specific race issue, but there are other racial issues.

The racial background of her opponent in that match is totally ironic, too.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Flaw?

The flaw is her pettiness ruined a major and destroyed the moment for new talent who crushed her. Poor sportsmanship is what was on display

race doesn’t matter anyway, but especially in international competitions.

And let’s be clear, all this drama happened second set, after Serena already got destroyed in the first set. She was mad at herself and then found someone to take it out on. The winner APOLOGIZED to Serena for beating her. Just pathetic.

sounds like she needs a new coach.

i don’t recall any other athlete acting like that after a penalty. 15 mins of whining in active play. Then after. Then at awards. It was a warning that Serena turned into a point and a game penalty. Wah wah wah

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ok. :)

I think alot of people, especially among those involved in tennis, are uncomfortable with a black woman acting like that.

It is also probably worth pointing out that much of the tennis-loving world resides outside of the US. That's a double-edged sword. There isn't necessarily the US-specific race issue, but there are other racial issues.

The racial background of her opponent in that match is totally ironic, too.
    No they're probably just thinking spoiled little American. Well not little lol. Spoiled large American beast

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The flaw is her pettiness ruined a major and destroyed the moment for new talent who crushed her. Poor sportsmanship is what was on display

Hey, if THAT's what we're outraged about, that's cool.

I hated it when Jordan and Reggie Miller would plead with refs for calls. I hate it when LeBron does it. I *REALLY* hate it when Neymar trips over a butterfly and blames the defender.

But let's not act like Serena is any sort of special in the context of sports overall. Maybe women's tennis, but that's more because of the expectation that women will act differently than men.

When Nadal or Djokovic act up, do you feel the same way?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hey, if THAT's what we're outraged about, that's cool.

I hated it when Jordan and Reggie Miller would plead with refs for calls. I hate it when LeBron does it. I *REALLY* hate it when Neymar trips over a butterfly and blames the defender.

But let's not act like Serena is any sort of special in the context of sports overall. Maybe women's tennis, but that's more because of the expectation that women will act differently than men.

When Nadal or Djokovic act up, do you feel the same way?

No, because i’m Obviously just a sexist

this is the DON’t YOU KNOW WHO I AM of the sport so world

this is not pleading with a ref. This is childish spoiled behavior ruining an entire tournament and stealing the best moment of your opponent’s life and career. I don’t care about Serena. I care about what her actions did to Osaka, who had to put a towel over her head and later a visor to hide her tears at what she was going through

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom