Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For me, though, the history is undeniable. By not editing it, you are - whether you mean to or not - placing yourself on the same side linguistically as some of the most vile human beings in history. But, if you're satisfied with "I didn't mean it THAT way" then that's up to you.

Dude. Stop. I'm calling incredible bull****!!! on your post and point.

In essence THIS is your argument. VVVVVVVVVVVVV

well-well-well-trump-and-hitler-actually-both-drank-water-5381967.png

He already explained it, you are just going SJW, if you haven't got the larger message people are sick of that kind of ****.
    There is an entire thread here where we make fun of that line of thinking for good reason.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting.

So if I say people are idiots because they don't know US history, but I don't mean it THAT other bad way, then its ok.

Cool.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, perhaps a different angle to this would be a relief.

Some cartoonists had issues with their depictions of Serena (and her opponent, interestingly enough). Any of you guys find any of those depictions racist?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Interesting.

So if I say people are idiots because they don't know US history, but I don't mean it THAT other bad way, then its ok.

Cool.

Maybe the "genius" people that know history so well are just hung up on the past. Time to move on.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    For me, though, the history is undeniable. By not editing it, you are - whether you mean to or not - placing yourself on the same side linguistically as some of the most vile human beings in history. But, if you're satisfied with "I didn't mean it THAT way" then that's up to you.

Hey!! Look over here... nazi Cameramonkey guy is calling some girl an ANIMAL!!

This chick is an animal. The only criticism I have is that she stayed seated, pinned in by the attacker. If the attacker had used the same determination as her in the initial attack, she would have been a blonde pile of bruises on the sidewalk before she realized it.

But when the action started, half pint exploded on large marge, dropping her quickly and moving to a ground and pound. She launched her counter attack fiercely with purpose and didnt hesitate to do as much damage as she could as fast as she could without hesitation.
    I wanna give this young lady a high five.

https://tribunist.com/news/cheerleader-body-slams-bully-who-wont-leave-her-alone-video/

Direct link to video here if you dont need more commentary.
    https://twitter.com/sierrasprague/status/1038326223888297984

If blondie didnt hit like a girl and had boxing, TKD or other defensive training, it would have been REALLY bad news for Marge because she was ferocious. (marge got nice squishy fist bottoms, not hard knuckles)

OH ****, sorry, that animal was a white girl... DAMN!!!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Never seen them, not responsible for them.

Didn't say anything about being responsible. I encourage you to google them. I'm curious what you think.

@printcraft

I'm used to people getting me confused with Kut, since we look so much alike.

No worries. I'm sure your motivations are purely altruistic.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didn't say anything about being responsible. I encourage you to google them. I'm curious what you think.

@printcraft

I'm used to people getting me confused with Kut, since we look so much alike.

No worries. I'm sure your motivations are purely altruistic.

Cameramonkey needs some learnin'... go get him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, both.

The 1 on 1 situation is pretty obvious.

I understand this ref is a stickler for certain rules, including the one that started this mess. I've played/coached/ref'd my share of different sports over the years, and an important part of ref'ing IMHO is keeping control without putting yourself first. It is not easy. I can only imagine what that scales up to on the biggest stage.

But, this particular ref - and tennis refs in general - put up with WAY more stuff from the men than the women. Serena has been a lightning rod for that kind of hypocrisy basically her whole career. This is just the latest example.

I can see a situation where you could treat/judge people differently, but my examples are moreso based on them as a person, and not necessarily their sex. Perhaps to set an example by using a high-profile person... like actually calling penalties on someone like LeBron James to get the message across that the league will be doing that going forward.

Outside of that... Men and women are definitely different... and with regards to sports, can and should be considered differently. But yeah, as far as judging, it should be pretty equal in nearly every case (outside of any sex-specific rule differences the leagues may have)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't think cameramonkey is the one that is ignorant of racial idioms in the US. ;)

His (Cameramonkey) language is the same as TriggerTime, you are applying it differently based on your prejudices.
    (You in this instance is T.Lex, not the generic you.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    His (Cameramonkey) language is the same as TriggerTime, you are applying it differently based on your prejudices.
    (You in this instance is T.Lex, not the generic you.)

My prejudices?

Oh... you mean applying the historical record to a statement in which the author is equally aware of the historical record?

Sorry printy-poo, this effort at equivocation of non-equivalent things doesn't rise to your usual standards.

If cameramonkey had referred to the black student as an animal, youbetcha. But, you and I both know he didn't.

Is there a double standard, linguistically? Absolutely. We could both recite a bunch of things that you can say about one group, that you can't say about another without being offensive. That's called history. Different groups HAVE been treated differently. That's reality.

If you're engaged in some quixotic effort to 'normalize' language, then I wish you luck.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My prejudices?

See Below VVVVVVVVVV

If cameramonkey had referred to the black student as an animal, youbetcha. But, you and I both know he didn't.

[video=youtube;L0MK7qz13bU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU[/video]

If you're engaged in some quixotic effort to 'normalize' language, then I wish you luck​

And stop with those big words please...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    People have always been treated unequally; based on qualities, appearances, capabilities and a host of other qualities. Saying that all these qualities should be ignored and everyone treated of equal worth is a political lexicon I choose not to speak.

Serena has done well, she should not demand she continues to do so on any other basis that she continues to win matches. She lost, she needs to deal with that (and apparently can't). She also needs to deal with the fact that she will never have a future past tennis like Maria Sharapova, and it has nothing to do with race. Maybe a future in power lifting competitions...certainly against other former tennis players.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Very interesting......this thread is very interesting.

I am getting dizzy from all the spin......

Mr Serena was rude, obnoxious and not worthy to be there. She refused to allow the winner their rightful glory moment and made this all about herself. She is anything but a champion. She wanted so badly to make this a racial thing, IMO, but could not because everyone no one was white; so the next best thing for her was to make this a gender thing. She should be ashamed.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom