• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've only owned one Serpa, and it's still going strong 10 or 12 years later. Can't say to other modles, but the 1911 Serpa fits well. Poor concealability, however is correct. Not as bad as the ALS, but they do stick out. This is why I carry with the Bravo Concealment now. In fact, Iv'e been using my new Vickers Glock 17 over my 1911, because I haven't made the effort to get a Bravo Concealment rig for the 1911 yet... I still trust the Serpa, but I can no longer live with the bulkiness... unless I just don't worry, and OC, but I, mainly CC.

I mainly CC as well and with the weather change this is difficult.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well that link just cost me $42.49.

Looks like they have a sale going on. Regular price was $59.99. My order shipped free too.
    Cost me $94.99 they had a light-bearing owb holster and mag pouch bundle, I upgraded to a dual mag for $5 extra and added two sets of pancake loops. I also paid the extra $5 for priority over 1st class. $95 for a light bearing holster with RMR cut, a double mag pouch, two extra sets of belt loops, and priority shipping. Pretty good deal if it doesn’t suck! I never carry owb, but wanted a “field holster” for camping, kayaking, and canoeing this summer.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Cost me $94.99 they had a light-bearing owb holster and mag pouch bundle, I upgraded to a dual mag for $5 extra and added two sets of pancake loops. I also paid the extra $5 for priority over 1st class. $95 for a light bearing holster with RMR cut, a double mag pouch, two extra sets of belt loops, and priority shipping. Pretty good deal if it doesn’t suck! I never carry owb, but wanted a “field holster” for camping, kayaking, and canoeing this summer.

Somehow I ordered a IWB instead of the OWB that I wanted. I sent them an email. Hopefully it gets fixed before the order goes through.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I believe the swords some carried were named as such but I am not sure.

We had a corvair. 1st wife's car. Turbo 4 speed convertible.
    I was actually injured in a Corvair when I was a kid, it was a fairly new car then. My older sister was driving and had to hit the brakes hard, and I went from the back seat across the front passenger seat (which apparently didn't have a latch to lock it back) and ate the steel dashboard. Still have the scars almost 50 years later.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was actually injured in a Corvair when I was a kid, it was a fairly new car then. My older sister was driving and had to hit the brakes hard, and I went from the back seat across the front passenger seat (which apparently didn't have a latch to lock it back) and ate the steel dashboard. Still have the scars almost 50 years later.

OSHA crash test dummy.....:):
    I survived a few of those. Not in Corvairs. 57 Chev my buddy rolled attempting to outrun the Motorola's in the local LEO's cars. It went over at least 2 times. and landed on its wheels. I believe I bounced off of every hard surface in that car at least twice. There were a few others.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think I mentioned it before, but my primary problem with the SERPA holsters is the wimpy belt attachment. The first one I received was for a Glock 19. It was issued to a buddy who worked for a well-known private security contractor in Iraq. He was getting out of his SUV and the holster got caught on something on the way out. He recovered his G19 still in the holster dangling from his lanyard. I got my second one from the prize table at a USPSA match and I had to get a new belt loop made for it by a holster maker.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

While reading through this thread I have been grinding my gears trying to remember where I put the box of spare holsters/gear.
    Seems the spouse had buried it. I just dug it out and I have one of these...:)

I also have 2 really nice leather Bianci's and a few other nice offerings. This is what happens when you get to much stuff I guess.
    Or you just get forgetful.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    While reading through this thread I have been grinding my gears trying to remember where I put the box of spare holsters/gear.
    Seems the spouse had buried it. I just dug it out and I have one of these...:)

I also have 2 really nice leather Bianci's and a few other nice offerings. This is what happens when you get to much stuff I guess.
    Or you just get forgetful.

My wife claims I have more holsters than she has shoes/boots, she is wrong, but they do seem to accumulate. I am not sure how as I use the same few holsters for the same few guns extensively and have for years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife claims I have more holsters than she has shoes/boots, she is wrong, but they do seem to accumulate. I am not sure how as I use the same few holsters for the same few guns extensively and have for years.

I have picked them up along the way. Trades/parts of deals/people give them to me for favors done etc. I knew there was several in a box somewhere. After looking around for a bit the spouse said "You have that look, what did you loose". She knew. They always know...:):

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    I have two Serpas. I will say they are good quality in terms of manufacturing. I really want to use them as much as my other holsters because of that. I suppose the old cliche' "It's not you, it's me"applies here. So one day I decide that I'm really going to give it a fair shot. At some point, I randomly try to draw smoothly. What happens is that I forget to press the lever. I grab the pistol grip, pull upwards and.... stuck. I believe that if it were the only holster I had, that would not be a problem. Muscle memory would play a role and all would be fine. But because most of my holsters are passive restraint, friction type, I have a problem. In regard to Mr. Sweeney, many have recognized his credentials. He also tests many different types of holsters. I can't vouche for what he carries, but no one can deny that muscle memory plays a role in your drawstroke. If all he he carried in for a year was a Serpa, we may have seen a different result. Conjecture for sure, but you get the idea.

BluedSteel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2018
    Huntingburg
    Would like to see someone get a Clint Eastwood voice synthesizer to go with the "I'm Feeling Lucky" buttons on that google meme. Now THAT would be funny. waaa2waaa

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Apparently, LAPD's problem goes beyond holsters. Rise in accidental gunshots by L.A. County deputies follows new firearm

In a state that blames guns for mass shootings instead of people, I suppose it's only natural to expect this mentality to carry over and that holsters would be blamed for accidental discharges. I know, I know, how very unfair of me! But this is what happens when you work nights and write posts when you're tired and grumpy. :) Hey, sometimes the satire just has to get tossed back in the other direction.

One thing is certain, I already had no plans to move to LA. And now, I still have no plans to move to LA. Nothing has changed. Amazing! At least there is a a nice far distance between us in case they point one in our direction.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well that link just cost me $42.49.

Looks like they have a sale going on. Regular price was $59.99. My order shipped free too.

I've worn this holster for 2 weeks now. I'm in love. Soooo much better than the leather one I had used before. It's like it's not even there.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    In regard to Mr. Sweeney, many have recognized his credentials. He also tests many different types of holsters. I can't vouche for what he carries, but no one can deny that muscle memory plays a role in your drawstroke. If all he he carried in for a year was a Serpa, we may have seen a different result. Conjecture for sure, but you get the idea.
    The point of Mr. Sweeney’s being brought up is that he was making a video on the holster being safe, and while showing how to “safely and properly” draw from the holster, he muffed it! So if a trained person can do it, how much chance does Bubba, that only shoots a few boolits a year and bought the cheapest holster he could get at Gander, have of not shooting himself!?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    UPDATE:
    I cleaned the pistol that's in my chest rig serpa last night. I didn't shootmyself or anyone else but I did hear faint moaning and crying coming from my ingo gold thread patch.

Top Bottom