• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not happy about kids being allowed to sit in bars. My wife and I prefer to sit in the bar to avoid kids.
    Wife and I just talked about that. Our kids are finally old enough for us to go out on date nights. And we enjoy bypassing the wait by sitting in the bar. 95% of the time that works.

It was a silly law to begin with. Especially with places like Wings etc. that only divide the bar / restaurant sections by putting up an open railing of 2" iron pipe. Might as well be a stripe on the floor. :facepalm:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    HEA 1186, signed by the governor on April 20, establishes a 25-foot “buffer zone” for police investigations. Under the measure, anyone who “knowingly or intentionally” approaches within 25 feet of a police officer after being ordered to stop is subject to a Class C misdemeanor.

The law classifies an “emergency incident area” as being “defined by police or firefighters with flags, barricades, barrier tape or other markers.” It spans either 25 feet in “all directions from the perimeter of the emergency incident” or 25 feet in all directions “from the perimeter of the emergency incident that is articulated by a law enforcement officer.”

The ACLU has fought this in other states...

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    HEA 1186, signed by the governor on April 20, establishes a 25-foot “buffer zone” for police investigations. Under the measure, anyone who “knowingly or intentionally” approaches within 25 feet of a police officer after being ordered to stop is subject to a Class C misdemeanor.

The law classifies an “emergency incident area” as being “defined by police or firefighters with flags, barricades, barrier tape or other markers.” It spans either 25 feet in “all directions from the perimeter of the emergency incident” or 25 feet in all directions “from the perimeter of the emergency incident that is articulated by a law enforcement officer.”

The ACLU has fought this in other states...
    The fact that's there is a circuit split about this very subject and SCOTUS has refused to resolve is disgusting.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Ugh not the cameras…
    As someone who works along / in the road and having one of the traffic guys I've worked with get hit and killed, if people would pay attention and slow down this would be a non issue.
    As long as you drive the posted limit, hang up the phone and pay attention this is a non issue.
    Sorry you (not you) might be inconvenienced, but I'd like to go home and see my wife

Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    As someone who works along / in the road and having one of the traffic guys I've worked with get hit and killed, if people would pay attention and slow down this would be a non issue.
    As long as you drive the posted limit, hang up the phone and pay attention this is a non issue.
    Sorry you (not you) might be inconvenienced, but I'd like to go home and see my wife
    That’s very true, I’m not a phone in the car person but it’s sad that’s the majority now adays making it dangerous for everyone else.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The 25ft. law is ****ing stupid. Will we be measuring it to the inch? What if one is attempting to help at the scene. Whatever, it's ****ing stupid - and wrong. The kids in bar area is only catching up with the rest of the country. @Cameramonkey is right, the divide/separation has become so trivial that it can sometimes be unclear where family dining stops and adult dining starts. I didn't realize 18-20 year olds were already allowed to sit in the bar area if with adult. The speed camera "pilot program" is simply the beginning to a greater use of cameras for revenue. Per the bill, if ticketed you only pay a civil fine and not points on your license; so only for money and money is addictive to gov's.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

If you want to prevent coworkers from being hit, then you should be AGAINST the cameras.
    No one knows about the camera TILL THEY GET THE TICKET AT HOME.

Petition for more officers to be hired, and to police the construction zones.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you want to prevent coworkers from being hit, then you should be AGAINST the cameras.

Yep. Visible cops are prevention. Tickets after the fact are punishment after the fact revenue generation and do little to protect those workers.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Sounds good , but i might be in one spot for an hour then move 10 miles away or i could be in the general area for a month. The only time Ive ever had officers with me in Indiana was working in Gary.
    Utility companies generally dont hire officers for construction zones

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Yep. Visible cops are prevention. Tickets after the fact are punishment after the fact revenue generation and do little to protect those workers.
    I was on a jobsite last week that did in fact have an office on it, an off duty State Trooper. Talking with him they are there for security and a "presence" no ticket or arrest authority while doing construction zone work.
    He said they didnt have to wear their regular "uniform", he had on jeans and a blue shirt that said police. he did say they got paid about double doing the side work compared to his regular duty.

Top Bottom