• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    As someone who works along / in the road and having one of the traffic guys I've worked with get hit and killed, if people would pay attention and slow down this would be a non issue.
    As long as you drive the posted limit, hang up the phone and pay attention this is a non issue.
    Sorry you (not you) might be inconvenienced, but I'd like to go home and see my wife
    And that has what to do with speed cameras in work zones? How is this going to slow down distracted driving? It won't. Just like none of the offered "common sense gun laws" actually do anything to reduce crime.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Idiots who routinely drive irresponsibly and kill people, bring on new laws. Not long ago I was driving my full size pickup on a two lane hiway in Indiana. Two motorcyclists started tailgating me. When the coast was clear they passed me, but couldn't resist cutting in front of me as closely as was possible. If they had cut in any closer, I would have ended up getting some front end body work. They, if they were lucky, would have gotten significant BODY work. I drive with cameras always activated. https://www.boultoninjurylaw.com/deaths-cars-running-red-lights-10-year-high/

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    The argument will be, that it is not calibration certified.

I know, cause I made a living calibration checking equipment.
    The base accuracy of GPS IS better than RADAR - the Courts just do not have Experience / History because nobody Fights it due to the Cost of Proving it

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I was on a jobsite last week that did in fact have an office on it, an off duty State Trooper. Talking with him they are there for security and a "presence" no ticket or arrest authority while doing construction zone work.
    He said they didnt have to wear their regular "uniform", he had on jeans and a blue shirt that said police. he did say they got paid about double doing the side work compared to his regular duty.
    Talked to a State cop several years ago about the speed in the construction zone on I 65. His response was basically the same.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    I know, cause I made a living calibration checking equipment.
    I did too in one of my Previous Jobs - (tuning forks in Ice & Heat for the Officers to do their daily calibration checks) - then Signed a Certification form for Tuning Fork serial # 12345 - which is something you can ask for in Court and if they do not have the Radar is deemed "Not Certified"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    thats why they Re-Calibrated them to read 70 for Cars going 49
    Why wouldn’t they? Many locations have been caught cheating the public with red light cameras.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    HEA 1186, signed by the governor on April 20, establishes a 25-foot “buffer zone” for police investigations. Under the measure, anyone who “knowingly or intentionally” approaches within 25 feet of a police officer after being ordered to stop is subject to a Class C misdemeanor.

The law classifies an “emergency incident area” as being “defined by police or firefighters with flags, barricades, barrier tape or other markers.” It spans either 25 feet in “all directions from the perimeter of the emergency incident” or 25 feet in all directions “from the perimeter of the emergency incident that is articulated by a law enforcement officer.”

The ACLU has fought this in other states...
    So if the officer indicated that the EIA was a 4 block radius?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    As someone who works along / in the road and having one of the traffic guys I've worked with get hit and killed, if people would pay attention and slow down this would be a non issue.
    As long as you drive the posted limit, hang up the phone and pay attention this is a non issue.
    Sorry you (not you) might be inconvenienced, but I'd like to go home and see my wife
    Simple solution based on the level of distracted driving is to close all work zones to 100% of the traffic. Let them bitch.

Top Bottom