• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    yeah make sure you're careful with any indoor heat sources. my mom just lost a side of her house and 2 motorcycles to a rouge salamander :draw:

deranged222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Well the storm got me off my lazy butt and to the store for a few things I have been needing to pick up. Picked up 20 gallons of kerosene, a couple new wicks for the kerosene heater, a new CO monitor, five cases of water, couple boxes of candles, replaced batteries in flashlights, new tank for the gas grill, and a couple of cartons of smokes. I hope its not as bad as folks are making it sound.... better safe than sorry, however.

All of you fellow INGO'ers stay safe!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    First "disaster" as a married guy. I'm on the far Northside of Indy. I bought 4 bundles of wood, fire starters, water, batteries, CO detector, Salt, cat litter (traction), and cold friendly food. Now I just have to get the gas cans and the grill's propane tank filled and I'm set.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    7. Stove is propane, so cooking is covered.
    Most important of all! My camping percolator coffee maker. Can't be without coffee!

Does the stove have a pilot light, or is it electric ignition? It will not work in a power outage if it's electric ignition, unless there is someway to light them manually. I've never had the electric ignition kind, anyone know if it's possible?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Does the stove have a pilot light, or is it electric ignition? It will not work in a power outage if it's electric ignition, unless there is someway to light them manually. I've never had the electric ignition kind, anyone know if it's possible?

Light a match hold it near the burner. Turn the burner on.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Freezing rain at 79th and Zionsville where I work. Same thing all the way home around I-465 to 10th and Girlschool. Roads weren't slick....yet, but they will be soon I'm sure.

I've got 48 hours worth of propane, and plenty of food and water. Also have a butane powered stove in case since I'm totally electric.

A couple of co-workers called EVERYWHERE this afternoon looking for propane heaters. One guy finally found one somewhere in Plainfield where he lives, but he texted me and said he can't find any propane.:rolleyes: Hope he finally does! MAN I'm glad I went out and bought mine yesterday!:yesway:

Best of luck to everyone and be safe!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Freezing rain at 79th and Zionsville where I work. Same thing all the way home around I-465 to 10th and Girlschool. Roads weren't slick....yet, but they will be soon I'm sure.

I've got 48 hours worth of propane, and plenty of food and water. Also have a butane powered stove in case since I'm totally electric.

A couple of co-workers called EVERYWHERE this afternoon looking for propane heaters. One guy finally found one somewhere in Plainfield where he lives, but he texted me and said he can't find any propane.:rolleyes: Hope he finally does! MAN I'm glad I went out and bought mine yesterday!:yesway:

Best of luck to everyone and be safe!
    Harbor Freight southern plaza has a stack of "MrHeater" type propane heaters for $26 each. I didn't need one, but at that price I grabbed one anyways. Circle K at 144 and 37 has exchange bottles in stock, or Flying J at 465 and 37 fills bottles.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Plan B. They now sell it over the counter at most pharmacies. I believe it is close to $50 or something.

Really though, I found it rather amusing how many people at the store were running around frantically like the end is here. It is hard to imagine what it will be like if something devastating(long term) occurs.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Harbor Freight southern plaza has a stack of "MrHeater" type propane heaters for $26 each. I didn't need one, but at that price I grabbed one anyways. Circle K at 144 and 37 has exchange bottles in stock, or Flying J at 465 and 37 fills bottles.

Meijers on 38th and moller had 1lb bottles by the ammo case and the coleman blackcat heaters. This was around lunch time. The were marked 39.99 the Meijer gas station also had the 20lb propane.

79th and intech blvd is raining/sleet the driveway is iced over and the jeep is covered in ice. We put a tarp over the other car since the fiancee has clinicals tomorrow if school isn't canceled.

Top Bottom