• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    My last minute preps included 2 12's of beer, paper towels mega 8-pack, paper plates, Half of a hog from the meat locker, and spare mantles for the coleman lanterns (you can never have too many spares) oh, and a brick of .22's cause they were there.

Got a new chainsaw cause the old ones on it's last legs, and I expect we'll be needing it by thursday at the latest. There was no shortage of those yet at Lowes.

No generator, but electricity is overrated. Plenty of food, plenty of firewood, propane and white gas. Lots of good books, and warm blankets.

Picked up some meds at CVS and saw they had 1lb canned hams at 2 for $5 (less than 1/2 price) if anybody is short on meat supplies.

Stay warm

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Did some rearranging in the garage to get truck in the garage with about a half bed full of firewood. Already have enough food and water to get by with. I would like to have a kerosene heater but using the fireplace should work ok. I usually won't be too worried but since I have a 3 month old and must keep him warm. A generator is on my to do list but just haven't had the funds to get one yet.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    all i did was load up a wagon full of wood and made sure the generator would fired up, im just sitting back and watching now, not much falling here in jennings county, i heard the columbus area has a lot of ice already with more coming

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    filled the bathtub and the washer for flushing purposes got wood, camp stove, food, cash. lost power last night got it back this morning expect to lose it for a while tonight/Wednesday lamps, candles, books and board games called in to work "see you all Thursday...maybe" I just hope that tree beside my driveway doesn't fall on the wifes van it's almost new with 148000 miles on it.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well, so far from what I see since I just got up down here in Columbus, Nothing as bad as expected, YET.

Maybe 1/4" of ice, parking lot in my apartment not a skating rink, a little slush, but puddles are still water. Temps are predicated to drop today with a second wave starting sometimes.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Very slick in the Greenfield area. Got up and drove to work in Shelbyville. Worked an hour then they decided to shut down the plant and send everyone who showed up home. Not worth the trouble. Should have stayed in bed.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No issues to report on the SW side. Roads are in fairly good shape, same as what I'd expect from a snow.

Took an extra 5 minutes to get the car thawed out, but not a big deal. I'm bugging out around 1400 before the next one rolls through.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Montgomery Co. has about a 1/4" of ice, roads are not impassable, went to New Market for the morning coffee and then to Crawfordsville for some new wiper blades and a gallon of milk...231 is in decent shape, a little bumpy from the ice but not bad...Chores done, gennie ran, and now hunkered down at home with the wife, kids, dog, lots of food, gas, and Carolyns for the coffee...bring it !!!

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    The weather man got it wrong again. We were supposed to get 14-16 inches of snow up here in NE counties. We got about 1.5 inches.:rolleyes: Maybe, if I'm really lucky, we'll get another 2 inches Tues night. Hardly what I'd call a "blizzard". :noway:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Down here in Motucky, about 3/8 in. ice. roads are passable, in town anyway. We are doing a little pre-cooking, no sense wasting time. Mommas baking some cornbread and biscuits. We have a menu planned, the kids think its a lot like camping.

THE KIDS are preppped, ALL game boys, ds's, I-pods, charged an ready to go!!!

Be careful, falls are very common, and one crack in the butt is enough.:laugh:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Down here in Motucky, about 3/8 in. ice. roads are passable, in town anyway. We are doing a little pre-cooking, no sense wasting time. Mommas baking some cornbread and biscuits. We have a menu planned, the kids think its a lot like camping.

THE KIDS are preppped, ALL game boys, ds's, I-pods, charged an ready to go!!!

Be careful, falls are very common, and one crack in the butt is enough.:laugh:

Just east of 37 and 144, tree fell across our pond, lots of ice.
    Yes people, be VERY careful of falls. After driving an hour from 5-6 am to complete a 20 minute journey (near bradis, Ameriplex) main roads seemed okay, side roads glare ice, I fell from the engine compartment of my tractor (semi) and cracked a few ribs on the corner of the bumper. After spending a while catching my breath and pulling myself up off the ice, I shut her down and told dispatch to find some other idiot to take the run. Eventually made it home, now to figure out where to get wood in a couple weeks when I run out. I know from experience that ribs hurt bad for a LONG time and I doubt I'll be doing much cutting and splitting for the rest of this winter.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    My son and I have been playing ice hockey all day. On skates. In the driveway, on the sidewalks and in the school parking lot. My son's been skating all over the neighborhood.

I actually just threw some more water on the driveway to help smooth the ice over.

I'm having a blast here in Fishers :)

Top Bottom