• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    D'oh! The DARE trailer part made me chuckle, but I do hope this guy gets prosecuted to the fullest. Unfortunately, OWI punishment isn't much a lot of times.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    D'oh! The DARE trailer part made me chuckle, but I do hope this guy gets prosecuted to the fullest. Unfortunately, OWI punishment isn't much a lot of times.

5 days, restitution, probation... oh, and he may lose his job.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    As a Seymour resident, I hate to hear this. At the same time, our police dept. has been known to deal with officer misconduct very sternly, and I'm expecting this will be no different. I expect Chieff Abbott to deal with this very quickly once he's had a chance to gather the necessary information.

There are a few SPD officers that are also INGO members...so lets remember to keep it clean folks.

Officer Newcomb made a mistake, and should be punished accordingly.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Fire him. DUI is a serious offense. This guy can't be trusted to keep off the road intoxicated he can't be trusted to uphold the law as a cop.
    How about we give him a trial first?
    That's the usual procedure for Suspected Offenders. :dunno:
    Then if he's found, or pleads, guilty, let the sentence fit the offense.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    As a Seymour resident, I hate to hear this. At the same time, our police dept. has been known to deal with officer misconduct very sternly, and I'm expecting this will be no different. I expect Chieff Abbott to deal with this very quickly once he's had a chance to gather the necessary information.

There are a few SPD officers that are also INGO members...so lets remember to keep it clean folks.

Officer Newcomb made a mistake, and should be punished accordingly.

Dropping your keys in the toilet bowl is a mistake. If this officer is in fact guilty of the offense, he's an idiot.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    How about we give him a trial first?
    That's the usual procedure for Suspected Offenders. :dunno:
    Then if he's found, or pleads, guilty, let the sentence fit the offense.

:rolleyes: you the guys lawyer?

ISP said they nailed him for .014 (he was trashed) over and he wrecked another vehicle while pulling a city owned trailer and then ran off the road.

Seriously, this apologist song and dance is played out. The guy messed up and needs to pay for his mistake.

If I was to wreck a company owned asset while being twice over the legal limit I would be handed my walking papers the next morning.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sporter, Dr. M.

I don't think anyone is defending or appologizing for his actions. I think what we're saying is he screwed up and broke the law, so should be handled appropriately. If that means a bench trial, etc. so be it. If the Chief finds that he should be fired, so be it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    :rolleyes: you the guys lawyer?

ISP said they nailed him for .014 (he was trashed) over and he wrecked another vehicle while pulling a city owned trailer and then ran off the road.

Seriously, this apologist song and dance is played out. The guy messed up and needs to pay for his mistake.
    OK
    I just thought it would be common courtesy to afford him the same "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" thingy that we allow other people.
    But!
    Since you've already decided that he's guilty there's no sense in wasting time and money on a trial.
    Would you like to inject the lethal chemicals yourself, or should we get a Vet to put him down?? :n00b:

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    OK
    I just thought it would be common courtesy to afford him the same "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" thingy that we allow other people.
    But!
    Since you've already decided that he's guilty there's no sense in wasting time and money on a trial.
    Would you like to inject the lethal chemicals yourself, or should we get a Vet to put him down?? :n00b:

DUI arrest for John Q Public=Take his license, sentence him
    DUI arrest for John Q LEO=Lets here the rest of the story, Lets get all the facts, Lets wait for the trial:rolleyes:

I seem to remember an incident involving LEO, a police cruiser and a couple motorcylces in Indianapolis a while back....anyone else?

Top Bottom