• ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    OK
    I just thought it would be common courtesy to afford him the same "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" thingy that we allow other people.
    But!
    Since you've already decided that he's guilty there's no sense in wasting time and money on a trial.
    Would you like to inject the lethal chemicals yourself, or should we get a Vet to put him down?? :n00b:

Vet......Much cheaper that way :yesway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    DUI arrest for John Q Public=Take his license, sentence him
    DUI arrest for John Q LEO=Lets here the rest of the story, Lets get all the facts, Lets wait for the trial:rolleyes:

I seem to remember an incident involving LEO, a police cruiser and a couple motorcylces in Indianapolis a while back....anyone else?

You forgot about the suspension with pay part.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    If I was to wreck a company owned asset while being twice over the legal limit I would be handed my walking papers the next morning.

This, however, until he is tried then...wait a minute...I got no trial...I was guilty..

Still, we all make mistakes but this one will be nasty..

IBTL

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The guy messed up. He is going to face some consequences. I guess I don't understand the excitement for some of you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    With the Big Brother trailer, it would have been cosmic justice if his kid turned him in.:laugh:

"Kids, snoop in on mommy and daddy, it's double plus good to snitch on them. Now off to the Youth League and the Spies!"

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    The good side of things it looks like the SPD is handling it like anybody else, they didn't hide it they did the right thing, arrested him, the court set the bond and that had nothing to do with the arresting officer.

`Its not really a cop bashing thing I just wonder why he drank with the Dare trailer

Its like the temperance league bus parking in front of the strip club

I know I did dumb things in the past but I guess I never had a company vehicle or something with an affiliation attached to it.

I carry a CDL and I know I wouldn't park a truck near a bar even if I was going into the store next to it or something like that.

But when this hits Fox news this weekend just remember where you saw it first,

Well in the Seymour paper but remember who had the dexterity to "Select" then Paste into a thread.

lol

I hope the DARE part of it stays calm enough that the dare program still gets its job done.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    OK
    I just thought it would be common courtesy to afford him the same "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" thingy that we allow other people.
    But!
    Since you've already decided that he's guilty there's no sense in wasting time and money on a trial.
    Would you like to inject the lethal chemicals yourself, or should we get a Vet to put him down?? :n00b:

That doesn't apply when it comes to your JOB. If I crashed a company vehicle, and they even had a slight inkling that I was drunk or it was my fault, I can flat guarantee you that I'd be fired immediately. No trial, no questions asked... just "you're fired."

And they would be right to do so.

But I'm not surprised you don't get that when it comes to a drunk driving, car crashing hit/run committing police officer.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    That doesn't apply when it comes to your JOB. If I crashed a company vehicle, and they even had a slight inkling that I was drunk or it was my fault, I can flat guarantee you that I'd be fired immediately. No trial, no questions asked... just "you're fired."

And they would be right to do so.

But I'm not surprised you don't get that when it comes to a drunk driving, car crashing hit/run committing police officer.
    You'd be fired because it's Company Policy.
    Not a Law.
    I NEVER said he was blameless, or deserved any SPECIAL treatment.
    I merely demand that he get the same legal protection that any SUSPECT gets.
    Even you! :)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You'd be fired because it's Company Policy.
    Not a Law.
    I NEVER said he was blameless, or deserved any SPECIAL treatment.
    I merely demand that he get the same legal protection that any SUSPECT gets.
    Even you! :)

So it's department policy not to fire officers who get drunk and wreck their cars in hit & run accidents?

Got it.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I firmly believe that you are innocent until proven guilty, but what is there to prove in court isn't that the hole idea of a breathalyzer? As for being an officer he should get the same treatment anyone would receive including hopefully losing his job.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I firmly believe that you are innocent until proven guilty, but what is there to prove in court isn't that the hole idea of a breathalyzer? As for being an officer he should get the same treatment anyone would receive including hopefully losing his job.
    Nope!
    The Breathalyzer is just a tool used to back up the Officers observations, experience, and training.
    So sayeth the Courts. ;)

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    How on earth do they prove in court if a guy was drunk at an earlier date?
    It's tough to do.
    When I was a Rookie we didn't have Breathalyzers. :fogey:
    The Officers testimony, Eyewitness accounts, and statements made by the Suspect were about all we had to get a conviction.
    Of course the conviction rate for DUIs back then was pretty dismal too.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    It's tough to do.
    When I was a Rookie we didn't have Breathalyzers. :fogey:
    The Officers testimony, Eyewitness accounts, and statements made by the Suspect were about all we had to get a conviction.
    Of course the conviction rate for DUIs back then was pretty dismal too.

Please tell me they had them before you retired or that would make you really... I'll shut up now.:D

Top Bottom