• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I get the neighbors coming over to avoid the lockdowns. But coming all the way to the center of the state seems kinda far. Raccoon, Brookville, The Region, etc make sense because they arent that far in.

I could be wrong.

EDIT: And the obvious marker like an OSU hat or shirt doesnt mean anything. My wife moved here from Ohio in the early 90s. She still wears her OSU gear even though she is solidly a Hoosier.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Look at Raccoon recreation area. The damned Illinois plates are everywhere and my family has ground and slips in the park. Weekends it is near impossible to get on the ramp. Wonder why.....:dunno:

Note that these are not bad people.

I get a fair amount of traffic past my house of people going to Raccoon and Waveland. The past 2 months, traffic has been CRAZY. I have never seen anything like it.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Look at Raccoon recreation area. The damned Illinois plates are everywhere and my family has ground and slips in the park. Weekends it is near impossible to get on the ramp. Wonder why.....:dunno:

Note that these are not bad people.

This was true at Shades State Park when I was a trooper in Montgomery County in the late 80's and early 90's. People from the Chicago area had discovered Shades and Turkey Run.

They were not bad people; they just had a different idea of what outdoor recreation meant. A lot of drinking, being rowdy, and ignoring the 10:00 PM quiet hour. And Fireworks, lots of fireworks. (And not the wussy kind that were legal in Indiana at the time! :):)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This was true at Shades State Park when I was a trooper in Montgomery County in the late 80's and early 90's. People from the Chicago area had discovered Shades and Turkey Run.

They were not bad people; they just had a different idea of what outdoor recreation meant. A lot of drinking, being rowdy, and ignoring the 10:00 PM quiet hour. And Fireworks, lots of fireworks. (And not the wussy kind that were legal in Indiana at the time! :):)

We stopped camping at Raccoon for that reason. Illinois dip ****s partying all night and the park staff showed no real efforts to calm them down. It actually ended in a couple of those morons sporting some "Sporting" injury's. Yes the mouse has a temper.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    We stopped camping at Raccoon for that reason. Illinois dip ****s partying all night and the park staff showed no real efforts to calm them down. It actually ended in a couple of those morons sporting some "Sporting" injury's. Yes the mouse has a temper.

Shades had a very nice kid who was supposed to be the night security person. However, he didn't have an imposing personality or appearance, and the Fine Illinois Persons would generally tell him to p*** off. Thus, he had to call the police. The calls would come to ISP, as it was a "state park," and we'd have to trudge all the way to the park to tell them to get out or go to jail.

Or, if they were too drunk that they couldn't leave, then off to the MCJ for them. Out of state bonds were higher, much higher at the time. So the misdemeanants would sit in the jail until Monday afternoon, when they could finally get in front of the judge, on Class B misdemeanors.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Shades had a very nice kid who was supposed to be the night security person. However, he didn't have an imposing personality or appearance, and the Fine Illinois Persons would generally tell him to p*** off. Thus, he had to call the police. The calls would come to ISP, as it was a "state park," and we'd have to trudge all the way to the park to tell them to get out or go to jail.

Or, if they were too drunk that they couldn't leave, then off to the MCJ for them. Out of state bonds were higher, much higher at the time. So the misdemeanants would sit in the jail until Monday afternoon, when they could finally get in front of the judge, on Class B misdemeanors.

The park staff at coon had no balls. They refused to involve the LEO's so when the idiots ramped it up to "SHOW" us they got their asses handed to them. They were crying for the cops then. The applause from the campers in the area was brief but noted and no witnesses to this action were forth coming.
    What these drunken stooges did not realize was the 10 sites we were in was all friends and family. They learned this all too late.

We loved that park but people tend to ruin about anything the become involved in.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    We loved that park but people tend to ruin about anything the become involved in.

That is so true; like, the event that caused this thread!

Mrs. MarkC and I have been avoiding the state parks for the last month or so, partially because it has been too hot, and mostly because of all the people.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I got to take care of a lot of beer coolers all over the city. When the bottle in a bag crowd starts hanging out front the area is already ****ed.

When you got a line at the door to a liquor store where the doors and windows have bars on them at 7am in the morning that people have been standing in for 2 hours, 5+ deep to get
    their bagged bottle of Malt liquor, MD 2020, or The Bird it's a area that is not advisable to grace with your presence for to long.

I welded my power as a beerman with a heavy hand and hammer. I would not hesitate to tell anyone that if you screwed with me that I would close the doors and drive away.
    When I worked at my Budweiser distributor we had the market on the major Malts. People would stand guard and protect my truck fearing that their Hamm's Big Bear, Old English
    and Colt 45 Quarts and 40's would not get delivered. These guys would FREAK at the thought of not being able to get their drunk on.

A lot more deliveries of 40 oz. Colt 45? ;)

It was more than that, I had some liquor stores I delivered to that sold more 16oz cans of Colt 45 than Budweiser, Lite and Coors Light COMBINED. A certain store and location to
    be un-named used to get 2-500 case deliveries from me a week. Liquor distributors had their once a month Mother's day bonanza. We had Weekly Wednesday's, where 1 account that
    had 20+ stores would get any where from half to a whole 16 bay truck. I unfortunately had some of their bigger stores and a couple of the problem ones.

It would amaze you on the amount of beat downs, bi**ch slaps and bottle throwing I have seen. The two worst cases unrelated to the above chain, I had was a store in the 42nd & Post area where I seen A guy get whipped with a bottle of MD 2020 on a trunk deck of a money green rolling sound station, where he pulled out a 9mm and chased the slapper a 1/2 block down 42nd popping off rounds at him. I could'nt start the truck fast enough to leave.
    The second was in the 21st and Franklin area and that one got me rethinking my job choice walking out of the restroom as a guy was walking out the back door by me waving a revolver, with a bag of money on his hand telling me you didn't see anything. I could have be easily be popped.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    When you got a line at the door to a liquor store where the doors and windows have bars on them at 7am in the morning that people have been standing in for 2 hours, 5+ deep to get
    their bagged bottle of Malt liquor, MD 2020, or The Bird it's a area that is not advisable to grace with your presence for to long.

I welded my power as a beerman with a heavy hand and hammer. I would not hesitate to tell anyone that if you screwed with me that I would close the doors and drive away.
    When I worked at my Budweiser distributor we had the market on the major Malts. People would stand guard and protect my truck fearing that their Hamm's Big Bear, Old English
    and Colt 45 Quarts and 40's would not get delivered. These guys would FREAK at the thought of not being able to get their drunk on.

It was more than that, I had some liquor stores I delivered to that sold more 16oz cans of Colt 45 than Budweiser, Lite and Coors Light COMBINED. A certain store and location to
    be un-named used to get 2-500 case deliveries from me a week. Liquor distributors had their once a month Mother's day bonanza. We had Weekly Wednesday's, where 1 account that
    had 20+ stores would get any where from half to a whole 16 bay truck. I unfortunately had some of their bigger stores and a couple of the problem ones.

It would amaze you on the amount of beat downs, bi**ch slaps and bottle throwing I have seen. The two worst cases unrelated to the above chain, I had was a store in the 42nd & Post area where I seen A guy get whipped with a bottle of MD 2020 on a trunk deck of a money green rolling sound station, where he pulled out a 9mm and chased the slapper a 1/2 block down 42nd popping off rounds at him. I could'nt start the truck fast enough to leave.
    The second was in the 21st and Franklin area and that one got me rethinking my job choice walking out of the restroom as a guy was walking out the back door by me waving a revolver, with a bag of money on his hand telling me you didn't see anything. I could have be easily be popped.

You gotta love the east side. :laugh:
    I’ve been in all those stores, always an adventure. The one at 38th and Mitthoefer also has a fun crowd at opening time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Pre-Covid, if a liquor store (or convenience store for that matter) had their employees behind a lexan shield at the cash register, you knew you were in a bad neighborhood.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You gotta love the east side. :laugh:
    I’ve been in all those stores, always an adventure. The one at 38th and Mitthoefer also has a fun crowd at opening time.

If you know of that crowd, then you know what it's like at most inter city stores in a 3 mile radius of downtown.

Pre-Covid, if a liquor store (or convenience store for that matter) had their employees behind a lexan shield at the cash register, you knew you were in a bad neighborhood.

Plenty have lexan shields, problem areas have actual 1 inch thick bank quality bullet proof glass. There's a store on the W16th St. between the track and Lafayette Rd that you have to be buzzed in and out by the clerk. Unfortunately in my years in the beer business, there is very few places inside of 465 south of 56th Street that I have not delivered to.

Top Bottom