Shooting in Brownsburg (56th and North Grant)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They have cars now. LEO can not profile them so they have discovered the roads out of town. Brownsburg is pretty much connected to Indy now. No real breaks save for some lake and a golf course.

I know a SJW who moved his business out of Brownsburg because he felt the local PD there was profiling. Guess they need to step up their game.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They have cars now. LEO can not profile them so they have discovered the roads out of town. Brownsburg is pretty much connected to Indy now. No real breaks save for some lake and a golf course.

That's been an issue in Avon for years. No wide-open spaces to let the thugs know they are approaching the Raceway Road demarcation line.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012

Its gonna be real interesting to see how the connecting towns and counties view indy's problems with violence bleeding into their communities. Welcome to the thunderdome!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its gonna be real interesting to see how the connecting towns and counties view indy's problems with violence bleeding into their communities. Welcome to the thunderdome!

Any and all pressure needs to come to bear on Hoggnuts and that worthless bunch under him.

I would again like to thank the brain dead moron's that put him back in office.....again.

But in this, these low lifes are moving west. As rentals and apts. become available in the urban rush west they move along with the crowds. That lets these idiots bring that life style along with them.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    You dont now.....:dunno:

Not an AR, no. I'm usually just carrying a pistol and a spare mag. I have been planning with the concept of a truck gun, but I've got 3 children (the oldest is 6). We've discussed firearm safety but I'm not yet ready to have a firearm where it may be accessible to them without me there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not an AR, no. I'm usually just carrying a pistol and a spare mag. I have been planning with the concept of a truck gun, but I've got 3 children (the oldest is 6). We've discussed firearm safety but I'm not yet ready to have a firearm where it may be accessible to them without me there.

Understood. Totally.

The terrorists (see avatar) are my G-daughters. They have been around guns since birth. They have their own stools to sit with me at the gun bench when Pa-Pa is building one. They hand me tools. They fondle the clean parts. They wipe things down for me. They have zero fear of a firearm. They do not give a gun a second look. Just another thing to them but they full well understand what they are. And that they are dangerous in the hands of the avg. person. And they are. They dill not point. Or do they want to have one pointed at them.

I know not everyone approaches this in the manner we have. But it works.

And no there is not a loaded AR in the back seat with them either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    this is in my community and scares me to think about how things hanged so much and seem to be changing quickly

If you go east on 56th from the location of this shooting and turn right (south) on High school road you are not far from a hot bed of crap heads thieves and villain's.

What....maybe a 10 minute roll at speed limits.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    And no there is not a loaded AR in the back seat with them either.
    What, they have to load it themselves? I suppose if they are strong enough to shoulder it, they can work the charging handle.

On the topic of "crime moving west", yeah, we have been watching and waiting. Used to be a whole lot of nothing out this way. Now car chases, drug busts, and a few murders. A certain percentage of the population are bad actors. When population goes up, well, the percentage is the same, so you get more bad actors.

Brownsburg has been a LITTLE better than, let's say, Avon. They have worked to keep the population density down a TAD. Fewer apartments, larger (more expensive) homes, etc...

Those of us that have been here for a while have very little tolerance for this tomfoolery. Will be interesting to see if there are enough of us to push back, or if we have been overrun with bleeding hearts.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    One murder and two attempted, in 3 incidents so far this month, in K town.
    1st one two people beat a fellow tribesman to death.
    2nd the victim didn't die and refuses to cooperate w police.
    3rd.........17 yr old shoots 12 yr old. No details yet.
    Just a wild guess, could be wrong..........but proly from same culture.

But we aint supposed to mention that.

Its gun violence, or Covid stress, or Indy problem expanding, too many civil war statues, or dead felons halfway across the country.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I grew up in Avon and have in-laws in Brownsburg.

Yeah, this story both resonates and chills at the same time.

Allowing feral humans to continue to predate is not going to create a pleasant atmosphere.

Sent my in-law that shoots the link to the"free" five year permit ISP page. I hope he takes the hint, he drives right by there daily.

On the bright side federal executions have resumed, just takes to long and costs to much money.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Question for the lawyers.

The person who allegedly shot the criminal, who appears not to have been in danger himself, are they legally in trouble?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    With Civil Immunity for Justified Use of Force... (IC 34-30-31)
    (with thanks to Guy Relford among others)

Indiana Code 2019 - Indiana General Assembly, 2020 Session

Legal jargon has always exposed my ignorant side. Does this mean "if justified", no civil case can be brought against them?

On a flip side, can a person be in trouble for NOT helping in a situation like that, when they are legal to carry and do nothing to stop a killing?

Top Bottom