Shooting in Brownsburg (56th and North Grant)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Guy Relford was the lawyer called to the services of the witness who stop the bad guy killing people. So I'm sure we will hear more about this once the case has been filed away and closed. In the end a armed citizen stop a bad guy trying to kill..
    I'm very interested to hear more about what all happen to lead to this criminal to decided to kill someone in a cemetery... What type of brainless idiot would decided to kill someone in broad daylight anyways in Brownsburg... This isnt the inner city of Indianapolis were you can get away with homicides anytime of the day. You have to wonder if this was a drug related deal gone wrong... Within time we will learn more about this case. But it does sound like a good guy with a gun stop a bad guy with a gun....

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Brownsburg Homicide Investigation Decedents Identified

Media Release from the BPD:
    The Brownsburg Police Department has identified Seth Robertson, 36 (Indianapolis) and Joshua Hayes, 22 (Indianapolis) as the decedents who succumbed to injuries in yesterday’s shooting at 56th and North Grant Street.

While Investigators still continue to gather statements, evidence, and execute legal service, they have gathered the following information and evidence for release in this investigation:

Hayes has been identified as the gunman that launched an unprovoked attack on Robertson, and another victim that will be referred to as Victim 2 (male), while they were working in the Brownsburg Cemetery. Hayes drove to the scene, exited his vehicle, and approached both men and opened fire.

This led to a foot chase where Robertson and Victim 2 separated to seek safety and cover from Hayes’ gun fire. Hayes continued his pursuit of Robertson, while firing upon him, until he caught up with him in the intersection of 56th St. and N. Grant St, where he ultimately shot and killed Robertson.

Hayes then focused his attention on Victim 2 where another foot chase pursued through a residential neighborhood and back into 56th St. During this pursuit, Hayes continued to fire at Victim 2, and eventually caught up to him in the westbound lane of 56th St. where a physical altercation ensued and shots continued to be fired.

Victim 3 was in their vehicle and stopped at the traffic light in the eastbound lane on 56th St. Victim 3’s vehicle and Victim 3 was struck by a fired round from Hayes. Victim 3 assessed the situation and witnessed Hayes attempting to shoot Victim 2.

Victim 3 was armed with a firearm that they are legally licensed to carry and intervened on the behalf of Victim 2 and numerous other civilians in the immediate area that were rendering aid to Victim 1 and/or stopped in traffic. Victim 3 fired his firearm at Hayes as Hayes was pointing his firearm at Victim 2’s head. Hayes died on scene.

Victim 2 and Victim 3 were treated on scene and released from police custody after providing statements.

Currently, the motive for Hayes’ attack is still being investigated, but there is no known connection between Hayes and any of the Victims.

At this point in the investigation, law enforcement has not uncovered any evidence of criminal conduct by anyone other than Hayes. When the investigation is complete, the Hendricks County Prosecutor’s Office will review the case in its entirety.

The Brownsburg Police Department would like to thank the public for their continued patience, cooperation, and support during this lengthy investigation.

The public is still encouraged to contact the Brownsburg Police Department if they have any pertinent information related to this case.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It would seem from that release (with no further info to go on) that the shooter just decided to kill some people. Is this becoming sport. Like dragging innocent people from cars and shooting the occupants.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks for the updates. WOW! Whatever the hell is going on out there sure ain't good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the updates. WOW! Whatever the hell is going on out there sure ain't good.

Kelly this is a direct result of the welfare state. All the littler twists and turns. The power minded and control freaks. Manipulation of the morons that are raised in hate. This will not end soon.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Fox59 morning news said the killer was suffering from mental illness... So the perpetrator decided to kill innocent people who worked at the cemetery...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I hope the good guy's name is never released. If he becomes known, it is likely anti-gun activists would protest and make his life hell.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Not a lot of info on the gun man, name and age. Seems like that would be / usually is a bigger part of the story?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    this is in my community and scares me to think about how things hanged so much and seem to be changing quickly

I hear ya. Danville has been a pretty safe place for many years. I still remember murders though, even from when I was a kid. Heck, I had a neighbor murdered around 1978-80 sometime. Now granted that was an ex husband from Kentucky who did it, even though he was never charged or convicted, everyone knew who did it. Danville for many years had old school leaders in council who prevented growth. They did not want yuppies and "out of towners" to come here and they wanted Danville to stay small. Sadly, in the last 10-15 years that has changed. The new, younger town council just keeps approving more growth, more subdivisions, more rental houses and doubles, more apartments, Wal-Marts and more section 8 housing. Throw in county commissioners who give us work release and a bunch of criminals in this area.....the only thing saving it right now is the rednecks and hillbilly justice, since the courts don't do nothing to help. When the old crop dies off.......it will be a s*&t hole like the other large areas of this county. I hope I die before I have to move further West....it will be a race to the finish line.

When I was younger, criminals hated Hendricks County...they would drive around this county if they were breaking the law, because they didn't want to go to our jail or courts. Now they come here in hopes if they get caught they will be sentenced to the work release, that way they drum up new customers while serving time. I love this area, been here my entire life...but it is definitely changing too quickly for me.

This is my opinion only.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Question for the lawyers.

The person who allegedly shot the criminal, who appears not to have been in danger himself, are they legally in trouble?

He waited until his car started taking rounds. When his car was hit he returned fire.

(assumptions removed)

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    He waited until his car started taking rounds. When his car was hit he returned fire.

(assumptions removed)

Not only his car, but himself. He took one in the leg and apparently that got him mad enough to drop the crazy little bastard in his tracks.

Top Bottom