• ...and so much more!
  • GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    Yeah i have tried to do that and the internet is not being helpful in finding the laws. I live in morgan township. porter county. valparaiso IN. unincorporated Valpo. The local police said ask the sherif. The sherif did not give me any exact ordances but refrenced me to DNR. And they where more worried about hunting. It seemed like everyone i talked to just wanted to make sure they did not say it was ok and to check with the next person in line. TOL (transfer of liability).
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm not overly far from you and yeah I can't find anything. Seems to me like its a grey area but as long as people don't complain you're kinda free to do whatever you want. 3-4 of my neighbors shoot out back, 1 of them I dunno man they've got houses on every border but whatever.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm not overly far from you and yeah I can't find anything. Seems to me like its a grey area but as long as people don't complain you're kinda free to do whatever you want. 3-4 of my neighbors shoot out back, 1 of them I dunno man they've got houses on every border but whatever.
    Shooting on your property in Porter County is perfectly legal. Make sure you have a good backstop and no bullets leave your property. If you are in a town, you are probably SOL.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    A couple of guys told me know I was acting like an ass in a super nice way so I reeled it in, bought a membership and started to post a bit. I'm on reddit alot so I just watch from the bleachers around here.

I like this site more, reminds me of the good ol days before I knew of reddit.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So been living at same house since back then, and we shoot all the time in the back. My daughter just got 1st place in state trap, and 2nd in national sporting clays. (We do NOT shoot clays at the house though, not enough land for that). No issue with cops or anything as far as shooting. A lot of people shoot around here. On a warm day you can hear a couple neighbors going to town. And yeah when I saw the tags to this post I was thinking way old post back to life.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    OMG! I just found this thread and the suspense is killing me. What happened to the LTCH and Target permit?

Did @Dosproduction or @GunsCarsPlanes ever make it to 50?

Probably in prison for shooting on his own property…….
    Oh I'm still slinking around. Still haven't shot on my land, I play it overly safe.

Dude beside me, someone behind the woods and someone in front of the woods often shoot some kind of semi rifle. Funny when I have people over that aren't used to it, their eyes always go directly to me like "wtf" hahaha, I just shrug and say "its normal around here". No one has been hurt in the last 50-60 years so live and let live; totally abstract for people who wait to be told what they're ok with by the gov or town.

I wonder what my post count is now, let's see after this ***edit*** #82!!!! who's the big shot now pal

Top Bottom