• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    We just missed out on a 5 acre rural property in Florida. All secluded on a dead end road. I was going to build an awesome backstop. Florida laws state that you must be on 1 acre and have sufficient control of where your rounds go and not be inside city limits.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was wondering if people knew some of the laws regarding shooting on there own property. How far from a dwelling how far from a neighbor. Shooting near roads and water (saw something about not shooting across water). Do you need a target permit to target shoot on your own property? Any laws about such things would be helpful thanks. I posted something previoulsy along the same lines and was no conclusive laws/ordances stated. Thanks
    What you need more than anything is common sense. If you have that you have a big head start on most people. Surprising just how UN common it is.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Valparaiso is the town. its Porter county and then morgan township. I have neighbors about 150 feet or so in a north and south direction. Then a neighbor about 400 feet east. To the west the neighbor is about 600 feet plus not sure excatly on that one. but none of that is relevent to where im shooting. im shooting into a ditch about 40 feet down on my side and 30 feet up the other side. it is about 200 feet across and 300 feet wide. Imposible to miss lol. but because im not super far from neighbors im wondering about that aspect. Also on the other side of the ditch is a road and there is a small creek type water running through the ditch. the ditch is part of my property. The creek is why im asking about shooting over water. it is pretty swappy down there.
    Go over to the opposite side of the ditch from YOUR house and shoot in to the ditch toward YOUR OWN house and I'm sure no one else will have a problem with it.

Top Bottom