• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MeganT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So, I looked into doing some firearms courses, and they were pretty expensive, and seemed more intense than I was looking for. SOOOO, I guess I'm looking for something a little bit more laid back. And cheaper. I was kind of hoping some one around here shot regularly and could take a little while to show me the ropes so to speak. You're going to need a lot of patience though. I've only seen a gun in person one time.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's 2am on a Monday, and you couldn't respond to them yet anyways. It'll happen.

Rare? Sorta, especially since you don't appear to have come here in conjunction with a male member (which is how a large portion of the ones here started posting).

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A lady nurse on a site thats 97% men asking for help learning the ropes of firearms....

Yea, your PM box is going to be full in less than 24 hrs.

This. To answer your question, you'll have tons of people offering to help by this time tomorrow.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    K. Start out with .22 and work from there. If you were closer to kokomo or willing to travel, my wife and I could meet you and you could shoot for free.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First off :welcome: to INGO!

You are in the right place for firearms info and self protection info. Both for the tools needed and good info on the laws. I too am a little far away to offer much help or I would gladly help. As others have said I am sure you will have plenty of offers in a short time and I don't mean that in a bad way. The people here are really great and most of us enjoy helping each other out. I have met many great people on this forum that I now shoot with fairly often. And last but not least, good for you for looking into your personal protection! :yesway:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Be Cautious

I'd recommend being cautious about how you move forward with this endeavor. Also, please keep in mind that there are some people who's sole source of entertainment is messing with people over the internet.

Ok, now that my "watch out for retards" warning is out of the way......

I think there are a number of folks here on INGO who are in a position to and would be willing to help show you the ropes.

I know of one married couple specifically who are quite in the habit of helping those new to shooting get some hands on knowledge. They are very friendly and trustworthy people who have a membership to a local range here in Indy. I'll PM the members and have them send you a PM.....

That being said, you should check out Matt Pierce of PD Training LLC. He's an outstanding guy who offers very affordable training that he really tries to tailor to the needs of each class. Unfortunately his "intro to handguns" class just happened last weekend.

Good luck!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I have had several friends that are women, including my wife, take the basic NRA pistol class from Indy Gun Safety (not trying to dis anyone else especially since there appear to be many good options and I have no personal experience with them) and come away pretty happy with it. It is a few hours of low key instruction and then some range time. At the range they let you shoot a variety of their guns ranging from .22 revolvers to semi-auto pistols in various calibers. Afterwords you get a certificate of completion from the NRA which can be used for various purposes such as getting carry permits in other states. IMHO it is a very gun option for a true beginner.

**disclaimer: although I have taken this class I am not affiliated nor receiving compensation from IGS for this comment :)

Top Bottom