• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wouldn't go up against CM's 1911, or Allen M's 1911's .....

JMHO, YMMV .....

BUT, I want to be there, and SEE it myself !!!!!

Ive shot both and both have very nice 1911's.
    And this is where i will offer a concession about the 1911. IF tgeynwere fine tuned and highly modified, I believe it is possible for a 1911 to be reliable. But average factory stock, nope.
    And I'm not talking about a Wilson combat or ed Bauer ECT when j say factory

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I told myself I wouldn't read past the first page once I saw this threads direction. Darn it....

Makes me think of those various Hi-Point youtube video in which they torture test it and it runs flawlessly. Demolition Ranch comes to mind.

Seems like with some quality control exceptions - most guns run pretty good today.

The REAL discussion is revolver vs semi-auto. LOL!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I told myself I wouldn't read past the first page once I saw this threads direction. Darn it....

Makes me think of those various Hi-Point youtube video in which they torture test it and it runs flawlessly. Demolition Ranch comes to mind.

Seems like with some quality control exceptions - most guns run pretty good today.

The REAL discussion is revolver vs semi-auto. LOL!!

Well since you mentioned it, revolvers suck as self defense tools because it doesn't take a lot to render them useless and then you're ****ed

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well since you mentioned it, revolvers suck as self defense tools because it doesn't take a lot to render them useless and then you're ****ed

I've watched probably 20+ hours of surveillance videos over the past few months of shootouts. Unless a shotgun is employed 6 rounds rarely seemed like enough. Not to mention that revolvers are bulky, heavy, unwieldy, and antiquated. I like them, I won't carry one. If I had a gas station and a static place to keep my piece, maybe a 500, 460, or a 454... but if I had room for that I'd rather have an 18" 12ga.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've watched probably 20+ hours of surveillance videos over the past few months of shootouts. Unless a shotgun is employed 6 rounds rarely seemed like enough. Not to mention that revolvers are bulky, heavy, unwieldy, and antiquated. I like them, I won't carry one. If I had a gas station and a static place to keep my piece, maybe a 500, 460, or a 454... but if I had room for that I'd rather have an 18" 12ga.

Yeah, I love a good revolver too just not for defense. For me anymore if wont own it for defense then I just don't own it. With the exception to sentimental guns which I'll never sell

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    They are all just machines made/assembled by people. They all fail at one time or another for any one of many reasons from internal issues Mag related and ammo problems. Anybody that says they do not has not shot them a lot.
    Just machines folks. Some are prettier than others but still machines all the same.

Glocks are crafted by Austrian elves

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Maybe 5th time's the charm. I see they kept the odd grip angle and the ****ty sights. Does it still have the oatmeal paddle trigger? :stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So as not to get to involved in the G/1911 discussions I can only say that if it fits your hand.....you feel comfortable with it......it runs well for you......you train with it and not just 2 times to the range right after you bought it and now you are an operator........run it.
    Get the "Proper" spare mags for it. Get the right SD ammo for it and make sure it will eat it. Practice with it until muscle memory is well established with it.
    Get a "GOOD" holster. What ever style/brand get a good one.

"It" can be a G**** or a 1911 or a SIG or a S&W etc and so on.
    Know your sidearm. Understand it completely.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So as not to get to involved in the G/1911 discussions I can only say that if it fits your hand.....you feel comfortable with it......it runs well for you......you train with it and not just 2 times to the range right after you bought it and now you are an operator........run it.
    Get the "Proper" spare mags for it. Get the right SD ammo for it and make sure it will eat it. Practice with it until muscle memory is well established with it.
    Get a "GOOD" holster. What ever style/brand get a good one.

"It" can be a G**** or a 1911 or a SIG or a S&W etc and so on.
    Know your sidearm. Understand it completely.

I hope no one takes the G**** bashing seriously. If that's the gun that works for you, then have at it. I'm not a Glock hater. But I do enjoy the nonserious side of poking harmless fun at the faithful. I've wanted to like them, but they just don't do it for me.

Glock is to guns as Amy Schumer is to women.

If I buy a Gen 5 will it upgrade my operator status to tier 3? That has been my goal for awhile.

Depends on how you accessorize it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Like a pretty new purse... errr, I mean tactical bag?

You have to consider the rail. Don't let it just sit there unoccupied. And you have to replace the sights. First thing. Every Glock. Replace the sites with something gnarly tacticool. Like a big dot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope no one takes the G**** bashing seriously. If that's the gun that works for you, then have at it. I'm not a Glock hater. But I do enjoy the nonserious side of poking harmless fun at the faithful. I've wanted to like them, but they just don't do it for me.

Depends on how you accessorize it.

Love the Amy reference. I have always referred to them in this manner. But now I can put a name to the reference.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Yes, yes and yes. :laugh:

Top Bottom