Should Students be Allowed to Have Their Phones in School?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yes, I teach welding, wood turning, small engines and 8th grade intro to ag.

Very cool. I substitute, but they won't let subs play in the shop

Dropped by the vocational school a couple years ago because I needed the O2 sensors pulled from my Jeep, and couldn't get them from the ground. I was astounded by what they had. When I went there back in 1994-95, they had this giant diagnostic scope that took 1.44mB floppies. I was the only one he taught to run it, and the only one allowed to look up schematics on his desktop.

He was teaching me how to deal with electronics, emissions systems, fuel injection, and especially feedback carburetors. I loved feedback carburetors.

Now they have engine labs instead of counting on donated vehicles to teach everything, and one of those engine stands that supplies water to the cooling system and gas to the injectors so you can just fire the engine up while it's on the stand.

The scope I learned on is gone, and handheld scanners are in their place.

They even have an induction heater to use in place of the torch on some things.

The students even earn college credits for those classes now.

Most things were better when I was a kid, but this -- nope. This is one of the few things I'm jealous of.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Which is why they get them back at the end of every class and the next teacher deals with their class.
    Until they don’t lol. School district tried telling me when they allowed our son’s phone to be stollen that it was unfortunate however they were not responsible and we just needed to buy him another $1k phone.

Not so fast skippy , I gave them two options stroke a check out of their funds or I would be submitting a liability claim to their insurance carrier.

Principal told me no that’s not going to happen, 3 days later we had a check and purchased him a new phone.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Until they don’t lol. School district tried telling me when they allowed our son’s phone to be stollen that it was unfortunate however they were not responsible and we just needed to buy him another $1k phone.

Not so fast skippy , I gave them two options stroke a check out of their funds or I would be submitting a liability claim to their insurance carrier.

Principal told me no that’s not going to happen, 3 days later we had a check and purchased him a new phone.
    I mean I've never owned a phone that cost more than $49.95 and run a busy law practice on it, but to each their own.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I mean I've never owned a phone that cost more than $49.95 and run a busy law practice on it, but to each their own.
    Same here, but he wanted it it was latest Galaxy phone at the time. He worked for it paid for it with his own funds, so like a helicopter parent I was not accepting their oh we are not responsible

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If the students don't have cell phones, they can't call their parents for help when the police refuse to engage the active shooter.

Top Bottom