• ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    We could have a game where we guess people's age based on their EDC. :D

You probably have your really old school guys who only trust revolvers, then the guys who are a bit younger who trust pistols but only if they are all steel and designed in the last century, then your young guys who only want polymer pistols.

Same with the phones probably.
    Flip phones generation, so called "smart" phone generation, or people like Churchmouse who still carry a pigeon in a box.

Carrier_Pigeon.jpg
    Silly Frenchie, CM gradgeated to two soup cans and a lot of string MONTHS ago!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We could have a game where we guess people's age based on their EDC. :D

You probably have your really old school guys who only trust revolvers, then the guys who are a bit younger who trust pistols but only if they are all steel and designed in the last century, then your young guys who only want polymer pistols.

Same with the phones probably.
    Flip phones generation, so called "smart" phone generation, or people like Churchmouse who still carry a pigeon in a box.

Carrier_Pigeon.jpg

:rofl:

We did have a discussion about the guys (and gals) who have flip phones a while back. It was interesting.

Edit. Found it.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/416126-flip-phone-rule-3.html

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Once you start carrying a small knife & flashlight you will be amazed you got along without it. You will use them both more that you think you ever would. Think of all the places you might happen to be if the power went out. Flashlights are not just for night. Looking for something under the desk, couch etc. Stairwell. Dark side of the engine or under the car. Public bathroom (ever been in a stall when some prick decides to shut the light off?). Fire in the building you work at or a store. The list goes on and on.

Same thing for a small knife. There's the obvious of cutting things and opening packages but you also can cut your clothing out of a machine if necessary. Help dig a splinter out of you hand, etc.

Yup. I use my flashlight and knife every single day and I never thought I would.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Walther P99c in Clinger IWB or Blackhawk OWB, Keyfob, Kershaw Vapor 3, Streamlight Micro, Cell phone, Wallet. Some may be in my bag. Pic later.

Bag is a whole other story...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I don't carry any type of knife or multi tool or even a flash light. All you guys have me thinking I need to start. Do you guys that carry multi tools use them every day?
    Maybe not every day, but more often than not. I use my multi tool a lot at work.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'd love to see some general description of job title or profession included with these posts. Just a broad stroke type of thing, neurosurgeon, tennis pro, carpenter, realtor, bank teller, fast food worker, police officer, postal worker, preist, assassin ...
    Quick pocket dump on the Jeep seat!
    image_zps45tn0lme.jpeg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Crappy cell pic, but RMRG19 AIWB in a Dale Fricke AA, spare G19 mag with Arredondo +5 extension AIWB left of buckle, in Dale Fricke AIWB mag pouch, spare G19 with factory+2 in Dale Fricke horizontal mag pouch, Streamlight ProTac 1L, SurefireX300U-A worn on a belt mounted pic rail section I bought on Amazon, top knife, Emerson Sheepdog Droppoint flipper, fixed blade OSK(oh **** knife), from Brian Wagner of Okuden, bottom knife Emerson OBS folder tapped for lefty carry, OBS challenge coin, Omega Seamaster Pro, Oakley Cerakote Gascans, and fancy assed very rare money/card clip! Can't forget the cool as hell beach towel/seat cover for the Jeep. Oh yeah, small business owner!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Gecko45, is that you?

I thought maybe a rhino shill, until you mentioned manual labor...

Hah! Good call.

I'd love to see some general description of job title or profession included with these posts. Just a broad stroke type of thing, neurosurgeon, tennis pro, carpenter, realtor, bank teller, fast food worker, police officer, postal worker, preist, assassin ...

I can't say.

Man some of you guys carry a lot of stuff, so much so that I would need a gym bag to carry it all.

Really? I haven't seen any that I would consider "enough" yet!

Where' the rest? Don't you carry your race too? Hah!

genXer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010

S&W Shield 9mm with Meprolight night sights
    N82 IWB holster
    Extra 8rd mag in a DM Bullard carrier
    CRKT Squid

After reading through some of these I went ahead and ordered a small flashlight to add to the mix

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    SAM_0082_zpsgb2pd1ds.jpg

Kahr CW9 with night sights, DeSantis and extra mag
    Leatherman Wave (just gotta have the tiny screwdriver and diamond file)
    Thrunite Archer 2A 3V (recently retired a Streamlight ProTac 2AA - only 1 light level available)
    Pen and pencil
    Hatpin (use this all the time)
    Hank of dental floss (carried this since our first pregnancy - the doctor said this was just right for tying off umbilical cords)

Park manager

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    Well, I don't have a picture atm..so here...gen 3 g17 with two extra mags in a ghould and goodrich shoulder rig, Diamond D gun belt, gerber skeletal multi tool, Nitecore tm12 USB rechargeable light. Camillus cuda folder, carhart wallet, samsung s7, my keys with the self defense knuckle buster from Iraqveteran8888's man can, and a colt boot knife.....glock 43 and a sneaky pete in the summer

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    a3f8k0.jpg

Add, of course, the phone that took the pic... my spare mag was in the car. (can't forget the get home bag in the trunk, but I'm not sure that counts as EDC, since it isn't actually on my person... but I have it with me none the less) ;)

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    G19 w/X300 and G26, knife, multi tool, scissors, two ankle medical kits, etc

I work on a very remote cattle ranch, if I am able to call for help it is going to be a long time before it comes, I don't mind the added discomfort of having what I might need with me.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh what the heck, since this is bumped and I always enjoy EDC pictures.

This is the rig I carried while at the county fair last summer:

IMG_0708_zpsccep1kor.jpg

I swapped out the gun last fall sometime. Still went with a commander sized 1911. All metal so Indyucky should be happy.

IMG_0784_zpsucdaffqz.jpg

This morning I snapped a picture while getting dressed for work. The work environment does not allow me to get away with a 1911. Size and weight is a consideration.

IMG_0787_zpsizzga2y8.jpg

But I have never felt unarmed with this ol girl following me around:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTEtMjAxMTA2MjMtMTcwNy5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom