• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Something everyone might consider is Mexico's imagration model.
    I'll try to find and post it.

OK I found it but it is a picture and I cannot copy/paste it.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Or I heard one guy say that you could put a dollar or two tax per barrel of oil coming from Mexico and it would be paid off in a fairly short time. He said even with the tax they couldn't afford to ship it overseas at that rate.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Well I searched google for National monuments being blocked by park police, keeping Honor Flight Veterans from going to the WWII memorial. There are no photos or articles about, so I am assuming it never happened.

Google = Minitru

I can never tell if you mean to type in purple, but here is Trey Gowdy ravishing the Head of National Parks (don't know the actual title) on why he let the 'protesters' occupy and camp on the national mall for 100 days, but placed barricades in front of 401 National Parks the very next day after the .gov had a 'shutdown' (under Obama's watch). Trey Gowdy is/was a national treasure. I, for one, will miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4pS9JxlEs

Will be interesting to see if they barricade all National Parks the day after this upcoming 'shutdown'

p.s. Minitru : I need to read 1984 again; it's been 40 years since I read it last

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Steve, I was serious, google gave me no results after trying several different wordings.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, my google fu is not great, in fact I thought it was spelled Gogol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can never tell if you mean to type in purple, but here is Trey Gowdy ravishing the Head of National Parks (don't know the actual title) on why he let the 'protesters' occupy and camp on the national mall for 100 days, but placed barricades in front of 401 National Parks the very next day after the .gov had a 'shutdown' (under Obama's watch). Trey Gowdy is/was a national treasure. I, for one, will miss him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4pS9JxlEs

Will be interesting to see if they barricade all National Parks the day after this upcoming 'shutdown'

p.s. Minitru : I need to read 1984 again; it's been 40 years since I read it last

This was a had to read in High school literature class. Lets see..........56 years. But it is still in my mind as I watch all of this **** unfold.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I tried to raise that argument in other thread discussing this...

Planet Money had a podcast on the last wall building... the takeaway was that each American paid $7 for the wall and it had zero impact on most jobs except unskilled labor where the change was minimal.

I'm in the "Sure, why not" camp on building the wall.

But, knowing what I know about how politicians and government works, I can't help but feel that there's a reason for Trump's words "Build that Wall!" as opposed to "Stop Illegal Immigration!"

And when our government builds a wall, how could we expect anything other than a wall that will:

1. Cost more than 5 b's to build.
    2. Take longer to build than promised.
    3. Be less effective than advertised.

But, even so, I say "Sure, why not?"

'Better' is the enemy of 'Good Enough' - Sergey Gorshkov

"Give them the third best to go on with; the second best comes too late, the best never comes." - Sir Robert Watson-Watt

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Serious question. Do you think the erection of this wall will have noticeable effect on preventing illegal immigration? ...at least enough to justify it's cost? I do not. We're not building a wall like the one in Israel. We are building a simple, easily defeated, wall.
    The way to curb illegal immigration, is to deter people wanting to come here. That starts with the reason people want to come here, employment. Go after the employers, not the potential employees. Setup a task force with the purpose of finding and prosecuting those that knowingly hire illegals. Smack them on the wrist the first time, and them hammer them if they have a second instance.

I am curious as to whether or not you have spent any time in El Paso...or other border cities.

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    I lived in Phoenix for ~18 years. The wall erection will do nothing except pander to the people that elected Trump.

Most of of the jobs being held by illegals are jobs nobody else is willing to do. Will you, or some or your relations, work to blow insulation into attics in Phoenix or Tucson in the summer? Illegals that are desperate do. How about working at the local Carl jr’s or other fast food restaurants (pei-wei,...).

Those are jobs that are overwhelmingly done by by desperate, illegal, people. Those people decide the best chance for a job is in the Southwest US. When the economy is better in Mexico, they stay in Mexico and work factory jobs there, which by the way, has been the case for a decade or so. ( the number of Mexican immigrants living in the US illiegally has declined by more than 1 million since 2007 What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico | Pew Research Center)

My biggest question is where is this money coming from? Doesnt anyone care that the deficit is out of control? Or was that only a “worry” when the Dem’s wanted to spend on something?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The kind of wall they will design:

th

The kind of wall they will fund:

th

The kind of wall they will build:

th

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I lived in Phoenix for ~18 years. The wall erection will do nothing except pander to the people that elected Trump.

Most of of the jobs being held by illegals are jobs nobody else is willing to do. Will you, or some or your relations, work to blow insulation into attics in Phoenix or Tucson in the summer? Illegals that are desperate do. How about working at the local Carl jr’s or other fast food restaurants (pei-wei,...).

Those are jobs that are overwhelmingly done by by desperate, illegal, people. Those people decide the best chance for a job is in the Southwest US. When the economy is better in Mexico, they stay in Mexico and work factory jobs there, which by the way, has been the case for a decade or so. ( the number of Mexican immigrants living in the US illiegally has declined by more than 1 million since 2007 What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico | Pew Research Center)

My biggest question is where is this money coming from? Doesnt anyone care that the deficit is out of control? Or was that only a “worry” when the Dem’s wanted to spend on something?

OK, so I'm going to try to answer your questions. 1. Here in Indiana, young people do the McDonalds's, Carl Jr. Jobs; mostly while going to school to better themselves. My first job (on the record) was washing dishes at a major waffle house (anyone remember Sauzer's) .. I moved up to busboy, clearing tables, made a lot of money, cause I helped the waitresses make money. Next, I went to the oil fields of New Orleans, made a lot of money and saved it. Then invested in printing company, 1985 till now. At risk of sounding racist/bigot, I'll tell you right now, it's the American way. Start at the bottom and work your way up. I've seen blacks do it; I've seen whites do it. If you're not willing to do it, then get the **** out of this country. It's the American way. Love it or Freakin Leave It.

p.s. Before my 1st payroll check, as a 12 year old, I did, in order; 1.mowed lawns. 2. cleaned chicken koops. 3. cleaned dog kennels. 4. cleaned horse stalls

I know about ****, and I'm tired of paying for other people's ****, as most Americans are.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Agree to disagree.

We send mexico how much money annually? How about we fund the wall by not sending them any money? How will the wall do nothing? You didn’t explain how it won’t cut down illegal immigration, you just made that statement then followed it by stating illegal immigrants do jobs nobody else is willing to do, which is also untrue.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OK, so I'm going to try to answer your questions. 1. Here in Indiana, young people do the McDonalds's, Carl Jr. Jobs; mostly while going to school to better themselves. My first job (on the record) was washing dishes at a major waffle house (anyone remember Sauzer's) .. I moved up to busboy, clearing tables, made a lot of money, cause I helped the waitresses make money. Next, I went to the oil fields of New Orleans, made a lot of money and saved it. Then invested in printing company, 1985 till now. At risk of sounding racist/bigot, I'll tell you right now, it's the American way. Start at the bottom and work your way up. I've seen blacks do it; I've seen whites do it. If you're not willing to do it, then get the **** out of this country. It's the American way. Love it or Freakin Leave It.

p.s. Before my 1st payroll check, as a 12 year old, I did, in order; 1.mowed lawns. 2. cleaned chicken koops. 3. cleaned dog kennels. 4. cleaned horse stalls

I know about ****, and I'm tired of paying for other people's ****, as most Americans are.

That is exactly what immigrants do today, even the illegals.

It makes me cringe every time I see or hear about the jobs Americans won't do. The problem is employers today do not want American kids, because because they have been taught to be lazy and get anything they want for free. I tried to get a farmer to consider our Christian school kids for detasseling. He told me he wouldn't hire kids any more because they wouldn't take their eyes off of their cell phones.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    That is exactly what immigrants do today, even the illegals.

It makes me cringe every time I see or hear about the jobs Americans won't do. The problem is employers today do not want American kids, because because they have been taught to be lazy and get anything they want for free. I tried to get a farmer to consider our Christian school kids for detasseling. He told me he wouldn't hire kids any more because they wouldn't take their eyes off of their cell phones.

Respect your opinion, but that's not what I see in everyday life. Go thru any drive through, and you see young kids working their butts off to make money and better themselves. At least what I see, in NW Indiana.

I know you're in NW Indiana, so maybe it's a local thing; most kids here are not afraid of work (once you make them turn the cell off)

Top Bottom