• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am looking to carry 9mm for the summer months and only have double stack and don't know a lot about single stacks. Can anyone suggest some quality single stack 9mm's that aren't quite as big or bigger then a XD9? I want something thinner and a little smalle frame to reduce printing when wearing only a t-shirt.

Thanks

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Budget: Keltec PF9, Ruger LC9
    Best: Kahr PM9 for smallest frame Kahr single stack, or any of the other Kahr's in 9

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Kahr, Kel-Tec, new Ruger LCP-9, Sig 239, Sig 225, list goes on and on. There are plenty of them out there! Kimber makes a new one now, the Solo.....I like my Kel-Tec PF-9 and I sold off a Kahr PM9 a few months ago. You looking for a carry gun or just a range gun?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Kahr, Kel-Tec, new Ruger LCP-9, Sig 239, Sig 225, list goes on and on. There are plenty of them out there! Kimber makes a new one now, the Solo.....I like my Kel-Tec PF-9 and I sold off a Kahr PM9 a few months ago. You looking for a carry gun or just a range gun?

Carry gun.

I haven't really looked at the PF-9 so I will need to check that out.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    After looking at the PF-9 that looks pretty good. I will have to find a shop that has one or an Ingo'er so I can try the fit in my hand before I buy. It looks like it will fit the bill nicely.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Gosh Goodcat! A post just to complain that I missed a point? Anything constructive to add, or just being a dick?

You also missed my constructive post at the top... calm....

Wait for the new Kahr CM9. Its the same size and weight as the PM9 but $300 cheaper. It falls in line with the new CW series from Kahr.

Already bought the PM9 myself, though I'd rather have spent $300 less. :) I am not personally a fan of the PF9, just feels poorly constructed to me. Not to say it doesn't feed reliably or that it's not a great carry gun, just not my cup of tea. Any of the choices people have listed you'll be happy with though!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Wait for the new Kahr CM9. Its the same size and weight as the PM9 but $300 cheaper. It falls in line with the new CW series from Kahr.

I really like the Kahr pistols but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on another pistol that I am sure I want for a long time. I will keep that one in mind as well.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    irishfan,

look in to a .38 S&W airweight.

As a dad of 4 with tons of little league, track, basketball, football and other kids outdoor stuff in the summer, I've tried every variety of carry pistols with shorts/t-shirts.

A small .38 in a pocket holster is just a great way to carry. I sold my S&W 442 last fall and have been regretting it ever since. I'll have another one soon.

update: after reading above, the CM9 might be another good one to check out.

Top Bottom