• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Today I was getting my oil changed at a local shop. I was sitting there when a car pulls up and a guy gets out wearing a polo tucked in and was OC. The guy walked in and his gun was hanging off his belt pointing directly into his hip and with every step he took the gun flopped around. If it wasn't snapped in the holster I bet it would of fell out. I wanted to say something to him but I was on the phone the whole time and he wasn't in the shop for very long. I kind of felt embarrassed, and wish I would have said something to him about it.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Did you punch in his license plate number in your computer to see if he had any previous fashion violations?

2012-CLS-63-AMG-New-York-Fashion-Police-Side-View-on-Auto-Everyday.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Was it one of those nylon tacticool holsters with the big metal clip to go over the belt? I always figured those wouldn't be very comfortable or secure to wear.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Was it one of those nylon tacticool holsters with the big metal clip to go over the belt? I always figured those wouldn't be very comfortable or secure to wear.

I picked up a nylon tacticool holster with a VELCRO strap at WalMart one day :D...it IS comfortable and mine is pretty secure but it's UGLY so it's not getting used for carry :noway::noway:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The other day I saw a guy who had his shoe string untied. It was just flopping around, looking bad. I almost went up to him, but then I realized that it wasn't my shoe, so I just minded my own business.

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    The "low-slung holster" was all the rage in the 1880s... :)

A proper gun belt and holster goes a long way toward keeping a firearm properly secured on your person.

That said, lashicoN hit this nail squarely on the head.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some of the sloppiest gun carrying I've ever seen has been armored truck guards.

Once I watched a guy walk through a department store much like the OP described, with his nylon holster just flopping all over the place, often putting the muzzle right into his own thigh. I watched just because I was waiting for the gun to fall out.

Another time, while at a Home Depot, the guard had his double mag pouch at the 6 o'clock position on his belt :n00b:, with the opening facing away from his support hand. The dust on the nylon indicated that he probably hadn't ever tried accessing them like that before.

I blame the companies that these guys worked for. They are required to carry firearms in their line of work, but they are given little to no formal training on how to properly deploy a firearm, much less when to properly deploy one.

Thank goodness my armored truck buddy trains on his own time, on his own dime.

Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    shoelaces and implements of death are two different things.

One deserves more respect than the other.

Get a decent holster, before you go out and about looking like a douche.

The End.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Chances are it wasn't the holster's fault entirely...

Crappy belts are generally responsible for the floppiness.

Of course, crappy belt + crappy holster is a recipe for disaster.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

The End.

Oh, the end, huh? I don't think so, Dom.

A shoestring can be an implement of death if it's untied, and you trip over it and fall down some stairs. You could even roll into some other stair-climbers on your way down and kill other people with that untied shoe.

I can go wild on the what-ifs, be it shoe strings or guns.

I offer the respect of keeping my mouth shut when it comes to other people's fashion, holsters included. Sounds like it didn't fall off and kill someone, so all good. :yesway:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    $500.00 gun + $15.00 holster never made sense. Everyone has their own budget and desires. The cheapie IWB nylon keeps the pistol from getting dinged in a drawer or a glovebox, but no serious retention even with a suicide strap. The moulded to the gun style carries a lot better, and after a lot of spending usually is one time purchase to be used daily. I believe in carrying in the same position, same rig, and extra mag in a case not a pocket. Don Hume is one of my favorites, Desantis and Galco as well.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Oh, the end, huh? I don't think so, Dom.

A shoestring can be an implement of death if it's untied, and you trip over it and fall down some stairs. You could even roll into some other stair-climbers on your way down and kill other people with that untied shoe.

I can go wild on the what-ifs, be it shoe strings or guns.

I offer the respect of keeping my mouth shut when it comes to other people's fashion, holsters included. Sounds like it didn't fall off and kill someone, so all good. :yesway:
    :yesway:Plus one!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

The End.

First, with the possible exception of my milsurp collection (and even then, I feel safe applying this to the French one), none of my firearms have been "implements of death." None of them are intended to kill either. Some are carried with the intent to defend, and while that may mean they are used to kill, it is not their intended use. That crap about 'implements of death' would do Sarah proud.

Second, what is it to you if someone looks like a douche because he has sloppy carry? It's not enough that OC is crapped on like the red-headed step child? Now we're being told that we can only do if we satisfy the fashionistas? :n00b:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Today I was getting my oil changed at a local shop. I was sitting there when a car pulls up and a guy gets out wearing a polo tucked in and was OC. The guy walked in and his gun was hanging off his belt pointing directly into his hip and with every step he took the gun flopped around. If it wasn't snapped in the holster I bet it would of fell out. I wanted to say something to him but I was on the phone the whole time and he wasn't in the shop for very long. I kind of felt embarrassed, and wish I would have said something to him about it.

So did you make any effort to educate him on his man failures? You could have at least offered to take him shopping next time he needs a new outfit.:dunno:

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    All I’m saying is have some respect for you firearm that you are carrying, take some pride if the firearm you are carrying and be safe about it. This gun was pointing directly into his thigh. And while walking the gun is moving all over the place. I’m looking at it as more of a safety Issue.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The plastic holsters that the xd's come with kinda do that...

I use my plastic XD holster on a regular basis. I have a really stiff belt that I got from walmart so it doesn't flop around.The holster doesn't keep the gun very close to your body so it makes concealment difficult. For a holster with only one level of retention I like it because 1) it was free 2) it does it's job 3) my supertuck hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

The End.

The only thing I've learned from this thread is that some people should take longer to think about what they post, before they go out and look like a douche.

The End. :twocents:

ETA: No I'm not calling anyone a douche.

To the OP---if you felt he was a safety hazard, then by all means have a word with him. If you didn't feel threatened and chose not to take the time to talk to him, why bother bringing it up? :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom