• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Oh, the end, huh? I don't think so, Dom.

A shoestring can be an implement of death if it's untied, and you trip over it and fall down some stairs. You could even roll into some other stair-climbers on your way down and kill other people with that untied shoe.

I honestly laughed at this post. Did you hurt yourself making that stretch?

:):

A firearm carried on a person is intended for one thing, and that is to deliver deadly force, for good or bad. Otherwise, there would be no point in carrying one.

Shoelaces? Well, I always thought that they were sort of for tying shoes. I may well be mistaken, but I'm still not taking a shoelace to a gunfight.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I saw a guy OC at Sam's Club one day. He had it tucked into the small of his back w/o a holster. SOOOO easy to have it grabbed. He had no situational awareness. Not a good place to stick your piece.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have to laugh, at the people who think that sloppy carry of a weapon is a FASHION offense, rather than a safety one.

For those of you who think a shoelace is the same as a pistol, your 3 year old has shoelaces, I doubt you would leave them alone in a room with a pistol. To make any argument that both are just as deadly as the other is... not worth commenting on.

Let me relate to you a story of something that happened last week.

Customer came into the store, spent 3 HOURS trying to modify a nylon uncle mikes shoulder holster to fit his body correctly, his firearm of choice, a Hi-Point 45.

The holster he had selected for it, was for a Smith and Wesson 44 mag 8 3/8th inch revolver holster. He had no interest in any other holster.

As he tried to jam, wedge, screw, and wiggle that HiPoint into the holster, which was pointing directly behind him, we all heard a CLICK.

Luckily we had made him unload the gun, which came into the store jammed in his pants.

If we hadnt, there would be a 45 slug flying thru the neighborhood.

Because he didnt want to spend money on a holster.

He walked out, with a holster, that didnt cover the trigger gaurd, and held the gun in by only the barest of friction and a strap. Flopping under his armpit, pointed at the world. 100% satisfied that this was his carry mode of choice.

<He neither bought, nor asked for our opinion on this, be brought both his firearm and the holster in, to use our shop as a changing room I guess.>

Dont even TRY to tell me, that you dont need to respect your guns, they ARE deadly weapons, and YOU need to treat them with respect.

If you have lost respect for the deadly nature of a firearm, than it would be to the benefit of you, your family, and everyone around you to reconsider that stance.

I have personally been put in danger of my life being taken from me by dumb, careless, ignorant gun handling ... 50 times? 100? It shouldnt happen even once.

A gun is not a shoelace. It deserves respect, a proper holster, and training for its use. Not mandated by the government as some have tried to spin my comments, but because you are a THINKING human being who realizes his responsibility to those around him!

To deny that firearms are fully capable, and in fact designed to visit death upon their target is.. not being fully honest with yourself. And if someone say "but but what about target pistols" that is not what this whole thread is about. You will get a "Internet Dope Slap" to the back of your head :)

I will never be an online proponent of gun safety sloppiness, poor carry gear, or general lackadaisical attitude towards what is probably the most dangerous item you carry with you on a daily basis. It deserves your respect. As does your vehicle, your pocket knife, and your private jet. :)

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a gun is never a shoelace.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    Safety offense? Maybe for him. Not me.

Sounds like if it went off the bullet would be lodged in HIS thigh.

Stupid hurts.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I honestly laughed at this post. Did you hurt yourself making that stretch?

:):

LOL yes, I'm on my way to see an internet chiropractor as I type.

Let me relate to you a story of something that happened last week.

Customer came into the store, spent 3 HOURS trying to modify a nylon uncle mikes shoulder holster to fit his body correctly, his firearm of choice, a Hi-Point 45.

He walked out, with a holster, that didnt cover the trigger gaurd, and held the gun in by only the barest of friction and a strap. Flopping under his armpit, pointed at the world. 100% satisfied that this was his carry mode of choice.

A gun is not a shoelace. It deserves respect, a proper holster, and training for its use. Not mandated by the government as some have tried to spin my comments, but because you are a THINKING human being who realizes his responsibility to those around him!

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but a gun is never a shoelace.

:eek: A gun is not a shoelace?! No wonder my "gun" always flops around in my holster. I'VE BEEN CARRYING A SHOELACE THINKING IT WAS A GUN FOR FOUR YEARS!!!

Cool story, Dom. Maybe if you took the few minutes you used to tell all of us about it and used it to explain firearm safety to the guy you let walk out of your store with a dangerous gun/holster combination we would have all been a little safer. But now he's probably going to accidentally shoot someone, thanks a lot.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    LOL yes, I'm on my way to see an internet chiropractor as I type.

:eek: A gun is not a shoelace?! No wonder my "gun" always flops around in my holster. I'VE BEEN CARRYING A SHOELACE THINKING IT WAS A GUN FOR FOUR YEARS!!!

Cool story, Dom. Maybe if you took the few minutes you used to tell all of us about it and used it to explain firearm safety to the guy you let walk out of your store with a dangerous gun/holster combination we would have all been a little safer. But now he's probably going to accidentally shoot someone, thanks a lot.

Not my job brother, when I am behind that counter, the boss wants us to SELL guns, and keep our personal opinions of the customers choices to ourselves.

Nice try tho. :)

If someone comes in and says "I want to buy a Taurus Judge, I heard on the internet its the power of a shotgun in the palm of your hand, and will blow people back 10 feet" my job is to say "Here you go, take a look at these".

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Shoelaces were designed for one purpose: to strangle people to death.

The fact that they can also hold shoes on your feet is hardly relevant. :cool:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Today I was getting my oil changed at a local shop. I was sitting there when a car pulls up and a guy gets out wearing a polo tucked in and was OC. The guy walked in and his gun was hanging off his belt pointing directly into his hip and with every step he took the gun flopped around. If it wasn't snapped in the holster I bet it would of fell out. I wanted to say something to him but I was on the phone the whole time and he wasn't in the shop for very long. I kind of felt embarrassed, and wish I would have said something to him about it.

Get a decent holster, before you go out and about looking like a douche.
    i think i saw this guy earlier today. i snapped a real quick picture. yes, no?

29f2tjr.jpg

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Not my job brother, when I am behind that counter, the boss wants us to SELL guns, and keep our personal opinions of the customers choices to ourselves.

Nice try tho. :)

If someone comes in and says "I want to buy a Taurus Judge, I heard on the internet its the power of a shotgun in the palm of your hand, and will blow people back 10 feet" my job is to say "Here you go, take a look at these".

So it's sell them the gun they want even if it's not going to work for what they want? I'm seriously asking...:dunno:

:popcorn:

Top Bottom