• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Well.... at first I was running 10mm due to lots of travel (ie car barriers, heavy long distance metal shop work, etc)

then I looked at ammo reserves and thought it would be better for the house (me + wife) to be on the same platform.l (shared mags, parts, ammo, etc) So now looking into 9mm.... which platform? God only knows....

All this tends to make me overthink the whole caliber debate over and over and over and over..... yea....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nope. My EDC is based on training and regular study of modern day realistic defense needs.

My EDC is optimal, as it has been for some years. Glad to see others can learn. ;)

A tip for those new to the modern day; spare mags balance your rig and cover some soft parts with hard parts. That is on top of their intended necessity, of course.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Nope still a 1911 commander with two spares if I cannot get out of the situation with 25 rounds of .45 it just wasn’t my day.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nope. My EDC is based on training and regular study of modern day realistic defense needs.

My EDC is optimal, as it has been for some years. Glad to see others can learn. ;)

A tip for those new to the modern day; spare mags balance your rig and cover some soft parts with hard parts. That is on top of their intended necessity, of course.
    By modern day do you mean he broke out his S&W Model 39 Illinois State Police 9MM circa 1968?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    22885751_1548073128621057_1468689677913853733_n-578x600.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've started carrying a flame thrower. With a bayonet. That way I can eradicate zombie hordes AND make s'mores. Real time saver.
    Now all it would need is a built in lounge chair/camp lounger, and a beer/ cup holder and it would be perfect. Might gitchu kilt in da skreets though.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I was questioned by a friend that knows my MO and was called on my hip gun being a hi-cap 9mm recently. It gave me pause to explain. We here at Freedom Ranch have adopted to the pandemic in the fact that my normal big bore low round count street defense needed an update as there are more pandemic zombies that may need dispatched far beyond the normal number during these times. A DefCon 4 if you will. Having mastered human behavior 101 I know what panicked peeps can do. Even crazy un panicked peeps.
    So now, that the rate of instability is higher in numbers, I am forced to volumize the round count. Evidence of our society that can not grasp the meaning of essential is proof that the Darwin factor runs way past just some casual gun owners. As proved by a few snared posts on this forum where the concept of not sugar coating everything has them taking the bait in silly responses and exposing their real knowledge once in awhile. Now, take these same puppets and add a pandemic. So my friends, until we get back to our new normal, yes you will see me topping off and staying in shape with a skill set first followed with a volume of munitions.

Anyone else changing up anything during this time?

:ugh:

Don

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    [COLOR="#DDDECO"]Once I was caught OCing a high cap CZ10 when I was stocking up on toilet paper. You know how stupid people get. I know stupid, I troll on INGO. Anyone OCing stuff to kill stupid?[/COLOR]

:popcorn:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Or JDGAF. I have so few F's to give I typically dont even comment anymore on these posts. (Its times like these I make an exception)
    Not sure how to take this? Are you supporting the guy who dumps drive-by nonsensical advice with nothing to support it or?:dunno: Advice was the wrong word, he doesn’t really give anything other than non-supported opinion, so you make the call.

Top Bottom