• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The xde isn't good looking at all, but does it matter for something you are shoving in a holster and hiding? I wouldn't dismiss it just based on looks.

True, one shouldn’t dismiss a gun based on looks alone. But the XDE is huge compared to other guns in its category, and the trigger is just absolutely dreadful.

MC1979

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Carmel
    I’ve had my Kahr K9 since 1997, and it is one of the best single stack 9mm pistols, in my opinion. I gave the Glock 43 a chance, but the trigger on my Kahr won me back. I’ve shot some of the Kahr 9mm with polymer lowers, and they feel the same as my K9, but weigh less. When the situation, weather, and clothing make carrying my Sig P320C a pain, my K9 works well due to its size. Kahrs have been around awhile, and are proven performers. The only drawback to them, in my opinion, is that there aren’t as many accessories available for them compared to the others, especially Glocks.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    The only issue I've seen with the XDe trigger is the reset. A Walther P99c is probably 1/10" the XDe is 1/4" to 3/8 without actually measuring it. Probably have 4-500 rnds down range so far with no failures even roll-your-own 100grn mouse farts.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I am a little late to the party. I skimed the entire thread and did not see where you had made a decision yet. I would have to 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th the Walther PPS M2. I have not had any pinky pinching problem (say that three times fast), and you can have nice Kydex holsters made for it very cheaply. I bought my wife one last year for Christmas and it is insanely accurate and very comfortable to handle and carry. She bought me a compact carry pistol as well but it is not a single stack and is probably a little more spendy than what you want. I carry an H&K p30sk and absolutely love it. Good luck in your single stack adventure.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    I am a little late to the party. I skimed the entire thread and did not see where you had made a decision yet. I would have to 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th the Walther PPS M2. I have not had any pinky pinching problem (say that three times fast), and you can have nice Kydex holsters made for it very cheaply. I bought my wife one last year for Christmas and it is insanely accurate and very comfortable to handle and carry. She bought me a compact carry pistol as well but it is not a single stack and is probably a little more spendy than what you want. I carry an H&K p30sk and absolutely love it. Good luck in your single stack adventure.

I’ve all but settled on the Shield 2.0. I really did like the pinky pinching PPS M2 though.
    The Shield felt just a little better, and will cost a few dollars less too.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I’ve all but settled on the Shield 2.0. I really did like the pinky pinching PPS M2 though.
    The Shield felt just a little better, and will cost a few dollars less too.

Something I did on an old Glock 36 to end the pinkie pinch was to take some black stick on foam and stick it to the mag where it pinches, then trim it. Something like the stick on foam or rubber feet that go under stuff to keep them from slipping around. It put a stop to the pinch since it filled the gap. I haven't needed to do it to the PPS. I have small hands and the PPS fits me very well.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Something I did on an old Glock 36 to end the pinkie pinch was to take some black stick on foam and stick it to the mag where it pinches, then trim it. Something like the stick on foam or rubber feet that go under stuff to keep them from slipping around. It put a stop to the pinch since it filled the gap. I haven't needed to do it to the PPS. I have small hands and the PPS fits me very well.
    That is a good idea, but if I have the choice of modifying or not modifying my new weapon to make it comfortable - I have to pick the latter choice.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    True, one shouldn’t dismiss a gun based on looks alone. But the XDE is huge compared to other guns in its category, and the trigger is just absolutely dreadful.

It is certainly longer and taller, but I was more concerned with how slim it is. I don't have enough experience with other guns to say wether the trigger is great or horrible. However, it works and isn't far enough off from my CZ75B Omega to hurt my ability to shoot it.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I THINK the 2.0 was $319 on “bud’s” yesterday. It’s up to 342 today.
    I’m still holding out hope I can buy one locally for not a ton more than the internet. That has yet to be seen.

Yep, local prices have seemed very high to me.

Bud's seems to be showing over $400 for me, unless I am missing something https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...mith+&+Wesson+11808+M&P+9+Shield+M2.0+9mm+3.1

I've seen them in the $339 or so range at a few online shops... almost the price I'm waiting for.

Update: the thumb safety version is at $342 at Bud's (cash discount price) ... https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...Wesson+11806+M&P+9+Shield+M2.0+Double+9mm+3.1
    I've already seen better than that and didn't pull the trigger as yet.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    Yep, local prices have seemed very high to me.

Bud's seems to be showing over $400 for me, unless I am missing something https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...mith+&+Wesson+11808+M&P+9+Shield+M2.0+9mm+3.1

I've seen them in the $339 or so range at a few online shops... almost the price I'm waiting for.

Update: the thumb safety version is at $342 at Bud's (cash discount price) ... https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...Wesson+11806+M&P+9+Shield+M2.0+Double+9mm+3.1
    I've already seen better than that and didn't pull the trigger as yet.

Oh yeah, I want the safety model. 11806.
    If I wanted the non-safety I’d probably spring for the factory night sights model. I saw that running $415 the other day.
    I was about to buy the 11806 today, but then saw the random $23 price increase. That gave me pause... not that $23 will make a difference, but it’s the principle of sudden price jumps.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought 5000 rounds of .22LR ammo yesterday from Palmetto and I had to pay tax for the first time ($14): that and shipping raised the price to $222 which elevated the price a half penny ea/rnd.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Oh yeah, I want the safety model. 11806.
    If I wanted the non-safety I’d probably spring for the factory night sights model. I saw that running $415 the other day.
    I was about to buy the 11806 today, but then saw the random $23 price increase. That gave me pause... not that $23 will make a difference, but it’s the principle of sudden price jumps.

$23 is roughly 5%. Probably as simple as the wholesale/retailer cost averaging a manufacturer promotion. Once that inventory dries up the replacement cost goes up. If you see a price you think is fair go ahead and buy. $339 is a smokin good price on a Shield 2.0, I really don’t see how it could sell for less.

Hurtaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    NWI
    In a slight twist of events I ended up buying the XDS. Came across a sweetheart deal and pulled the trigger on it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In a slight twist of events I ended up buying the XDS. Came across a sweetheart deal and pulled the trigger on it.

1. All else being equal, sometimes the first one to come through with a stellar deal gets the pick of the buyer: making it the best value for the buyer.
    2. My journey is that I later find something else I like better and repeat the process over and over taking months to find, "the one."
    3. There is always another, "the one," but normal people probably don't go my route and just be content with what they have.
    4. Enjoy!

Top Bottom