• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    People who are willing to take a bullet or mortar to secure my liberty should get to smoke, they just should not be allowed to pay for them.

The smokes should be free.

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    I think you are right to a degree. If you are around people or someone who does not care if you smoke then smoke away. I do not think someone should have the right to harm someone else with there smoke.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    People who are willing to take a bullet or mortar to secure my liberty should get to smoke, they just should not be allowed to pay for them.

The smokes should be free.

Thank you for we should still pay for them just as any other person i believe. It's the career we choose.

BTW the way this way this stop smoking ban is taken place everywhere this article doesnt supprise me. Its another case where someone is trying to choose what is the most healthiest decision in their opinion.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ugh...so this is offered up by the Pentagon. Come on, Washington, keep the troops happy. Don't mess with the little pleasures they may enjoy while doing their job.

On a lighter note, if I were a foreign soldier I wouldn't want to see this ban go through. Think of all the smokes you would be asked to bum during these joint operations!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I dont like smoke in a closed environment without circulation but in an outside environment i dont mind it.

Last edited:

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    If you are outside and not right next to someone then it may be fine. I guess i am talking about close up like a store or restaurant. Even outside it will affect others.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    For instance, I smoke, and in a restaurant i cant stand smoke while im trying to eat, now in a bar its different but at a baseball park for example there are designated smoking areas and im ok with that. I dont mind getting up going to an area designated for smoking. I wouldnt want the smoke around my kids. We have never smoke in the house, always outside.

What i have a problem with, is the people who want no smoking at all. I dont think they should tell you what to do, just designate areas.

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    I will agree with you there. If someone wants to smoke away from me then I say smoke away. I guess it just really bothers me because smoke really makes me sick. It bugs me most when I am standing somewhere by myself in public and then someone wants to come up and stand right next to me and start smoking and blowing it right in my face in which case i am the one who has to leave. If someone else wants to smoke I think they have the right to do that just as long as it does not effect me.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What i have a problem with, is the people who want no smoking at all. I dont think they should tell you what to do, just designate areas.

Even designating smoking areas isn't enough. At my job in PA, I was at our smoking area, which was a covered shelter. A woman comes into it and told me to stop smoking. She didn't want to wait in the building for her ride, and didn't want to stand in the rain, and really though she was in the right to come into the smoking shelter and tell me to out it. I laughed, of course, but mostly because I was seriously surprised she'd be that self-righteous and rude. She was seriously put out that I kept smoking. I've quit smoking, but I really can't imagine having the gall to do that LOL.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    :yesway: For not putting out your cigarette especially since she demanded. I like how some non smokers think they are on a higher level than the smokers.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I don't know. There just seems to be something odd about asking a young fella to go out and protect freedom and liberty while at the same time taking some of those rights away. Another way to look at it, smoking is too dangerous for your health, but we're going to send your ass to Afghanistan... This just seems stupid to me.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Yet another example of the gubmint making decisions for us for our own good. They should get rid of all those guns too. They kill people you know.:rolleyes:

It was our government that stood by for decades while there was concrete proof that tobacco use killed people.

Sorry guys, RANT off.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, just another gov't control in my opinion. The gov't can't even balance a budget and about the only thing they run well are their mouths.

When I was in the Army I would say about 35% of all soldiers were smokers (late 80's-mid 90's). I can only imagine how bad retention would be if this were implemented. Of course what they will do is just extend contracts involutarily. Gee, more gov't control - shocking there (dripping with sarcasm).

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    image.php

Do as I say, not as I do.

Top Bottom