So I got the cops called on me ....Again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Originally Posted by indiucky
    I would try dressing up like an illegal immigrant when you shoot and flash a few gang signs. The police will never bother you then.

If I tried that, they'd die laughing thinking I was doing a Steve Martin, Robin Williams, or Curly impersonation.

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It isn't the officer's responsibility to educate the sheeple, but it would be nice.
    and it would be nice if they educate the person that it is legal, then, when the person calls again, cite them for false reporting.

Sounds like the original officer who gave him crap could have used some educating as well :):

bnatc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Your neighbor is using the "law" as a weapon to shut you down. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a lot you can do about that. I'd recommend: be considerate...don't shoot real early or real late. Make sure you're shooting in a safe manner. Be as good a neighbor as reasonableness would allow. I'm not saying lay down and be run over, but don't give your neighbor easy nits to pick.

Exactly. Don't give your neighbor anything to use against you. Also, pay more attention to your neighbors when you plan to shoot, and you can probably figure out who is calling on you. You might be able to speak to them just to let them know that you are aware of the law and are using all safety precautions when shooting.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    +1 to you for being truthful. I had a buddy who used to legally shoot on his property out in the country. He kept getting called on and kept denying it even though I told him he had nothing to hide. Not saying it would happen but I suggested that perhaps someday when he gets pulled over by this guy he'll end up with a ticket instead of a warning.

Providing false information to a law enforcement officer engaged in his duty is false informing, a class b misdemeanor in Indiana. Not saying anything is not a crime.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    shooting doesn get the police called on me but when some one brings tannerite both times the police have been called... cops around here are pretty cool wanted to see one be shot so we did and then told us we where paying to much for it and to buy off this other guy lol

sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    I had Hedricks County show up just on Wednesday. We were resetting the steels when I saw them roll past. We have a very nice and safe setup. I waved them down from way off the road, assuming they were looking for us. Sure enough, they turned around and said a neighbor made a complaint, said she had a horse shot last year and it scares her (she lives almost 2 miles away).

They were cool, a reserve officer and a senior trainer. I joked with them a bit, ribbing them about joining us. And told them if someone shot a horse, they can bet it was an intentional crime, not someone shooting pistol steels. Said they would tell her we were safe and to have a nice day.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    My good friend had the Police called after some target shooting way out in the sticks. So, now we have lots of friends come over to hit a few targets, and a few more friends,and few more. etc........

rcdouble2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    I would suspect that the caller is a personnel friend of the state trooper, he gets the call on his personnel cell phone, he is trying to flex his authority, and impress whoever the caller is. Setup the tannerite every hour on the hour! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Top Bottom