• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So are we going to put the Manafort stuff in this thread, or start a new one?

Just read the indictment. IMNSHO, Manafort is toast for the money laundering.

Hard to really tell if there was any Russia! Russia! Russia! inappropriateness, though. Mostly just looks like personal greed to me.

That's what it looks like to me.

I'm no expert, but it seems his work for the Pro-Russian Ukrainian party was somewhat public even though he did not register...which smacks of a combination of stupidity and hubris (which often go together). Actually, the whole thing, especially the money laundering seems amateurish and too-easily discovered. There's that hubris again.

The next question is whether he has anything to deal with. We shall see.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wasn't he the straw purchaser guy? A bit of a derail, but did he also have tax issues?

How do you think the feds found the uncle's check? "For Glock 19" in the memo line. "Hey, what's this Glock 19 about?"

Liked him for a bank robbery, couldn't make it, but wanted him in BoP, soooo taxes!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So are we going to put the Manafort stuff in this thread, or start a new one?

Just read the indictment. IMNSHO, Manafort is toast for the money laundering.

Hard to really tell if there was any Russia! Russia! Russia! inappropriateness, though. Mostly just looks like personal greed to me.

What's the law regarding money laundering? If Hillary paid Mark Elias "legal fees" that really was for him to hire fusion GPS to create trump dossier, does that count? It was not reported to FEC as what it was, it was hidden through deceit and a lawyer intermediary

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What's the law regarding money laundering? If Hillary paid Mark Elias "legal fees" that really was for him to hire fusion GPS to create trump dossier, does that count? It was not reported to FEC as what it was, it was hidden through deceit and a lawyer intermediary

That artifice is rocket science compared to Manafort's efforts.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That artifice is rocket science compared to Manafort's efforts.

I haven' tread what he did yet. I did see it was pointed out in 2012. Why did trump dump him during campaign?

this is exactly why we need Clinton foundation investigations. Nail all the bad guys/gals

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What I am still unclear on is how many Trump fundraisers occurred at the various properties he bought with the laundered funds. And who was present for them.

As has been explained to INGO before, money is fungible. If Manafort can spend $3M of Ukrainian secret money for a house, that's $3M extra that he has in his own pocket to pay for Trump stuff.

And how that money got into the offshore slush funds appears - right now - to be a bit of a black box. That wasn't immediately obvious to me in the indictment.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Not at all, these days they shoot at each other regularly. Back in the days of the USSR we could call all of them Russians, today not so much.

Being one-quarter Ukrainian, I was told at a young age that one of the worst insults you could deal to a Ukrainian was to call him/her a “dirty Russian”.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Isn't it true isn't it true that he was working with the Podesta group, brother of Jon Podesta, Hillary's campaign manager? And that person has now stepped down from the company that bears his name as of today?

Rush had a good line today. He said Manafort is in trouble for working with Russia and not selling them uranium

What I am still unclear on is how many Trump fundraisers occurred at the various properties he bought with the laundered funds. And who was present for them.

As has been explained to INGO before, money is fungible. If Manafort can spend $3M of Ukrainian secret money for a house, that's $3M extra that he has in his own pocket to pay for Trump stuff.

And how that money got into the offshore slush funds appears - right now - to be a bit of a black box. That wasn't immediately obvious to me in the indictment.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Silly Manafort. He should have just established the "Manafort Global Initiative" as a private foundation and received "donations" from foreign governments. Use the donations to fund "charitable" projects through the use of your insider cronies as contractors, pay for the weddings of your children, etc. Easy, peasy! No criminal violations to see here!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    After reading some of his back story he's just another east coast dc law/lobby operative.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    To summarize: Manafort broke some laws back during the time Mueller was FBI chief. Those wire transfers were reported to the FBI under his tenure. nothing happened.

then trump hires manafort for a while, eventually dumps him months before the election. Then mueller is resurrected and is going to prosecute him for what he should have done five years ago.

this reallllly reeks of mueller knowing all along and holding onto it as something to use in the future

and I also find it hilarious that at the time of those wire transfers he was working with the brother of Hillary's campaign manager :rofl:

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DC would be a ghost town if we locked up every crooked lawyer working there, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Top Bottom