• ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’ll throw my two cents in, since you posted this story. :D

I don’t like the “instinctively” got involved part. I’ve worked in security and now LE for almost my whole adult life. When I’m off-duty, I know when I should get involved (hardly ever) and when it’s not my rodeo. I’ve never suddenly found myself involved in something like this by unknown forces outside of my control. Short of imminent bodily harm to an employee, the right thing to do was let them decide to call Police. You got into a bad situation for something that didn’t concern you. I don’t mean to bash you, but to give some food for thought. The most important part if carrying a gun is knowing when to act, and when to be a good witness. Given your scenario, you should have stayed out of it unless someone was in immediate danger of serious bodily harm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ll throw my two cents in, since you posted this story. :D

I don’t like the “instinctively” got involved part. I’ve worked in security and now LE for almost my whole adult life. When I’m off-duty, I know when I should get involved (hardly ever) and when it’s not my rodeo. I’ve never suddenly found myself involved in something like this by unknown forces outside of my control. Short of imminent bodily harm to an employee, the right thing to do was let them decide to call Police. You got into a bad situation for something that didn’t concern you. I don’t mean to bash you, but to give some food for thought. The most important part if carrying a gun is knowing when to act, and when to be a good witness. Given your scenario, you should have stayed out of it unless someone was in immediate danger of serious bodily harm.

Truth in this but I would bet you lunch that those involved would have escalated to include the OP and his friend. I have seen this a few times. When spoiling for a fight a fight can be found.

I am thinking Denny's.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    And they say reverse racism is not a real thing.
    I have experienced this at different level a lot in my travels.
    You did what I would have done I guess. If you are the lone clear thinker in a room full of idiots and people are at risk I would have called LEO a bit quicker. It seems they were spoiling for a confrontation.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to call you out here. But with all due respect I have to point this out.

Reverse = backwards
    Racism =. My race is better than all others.

Therefore reverse racism =. All races are better than mine.

Racism is racism. If a white person hates black people that person is a racist. If a black person hates white people that person is a racist.

Forgive the pun but the term is pretty black and white.

I hate the term reverse racism. It's a non-sense term pushed by silly people in the media.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to call you out here. But with all due respect I have to point this out.

Reverse = backwards

Racism is racism. If a white person hates black people that person is a racist. If a black person hates white people that person is a racist.

I hate the term reverse racism. It's a non-sense term pushed by silly people in the media.

So in all of this you had to do all of that. :faint:
    (and I am mad at myself for falling back into the "Kut" frame of mind)

I really think you and others understand what my point is. Semantics etc aside.
    Again....mad at myself for doing what I said I hate to do. Hate it.

And yes I can make a solid enough argument to cover myself here but lets just move on. Please.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Reverse = backwards

Can you think of a better one or two word term that means "race based bigotry specifically against white people"? I agree its nonsensical, but it gets the point across and we all know what is meant by it. I too would love a better term, but its what we have now.

While you are at it, come up with a term encompassing everyone that is straight, gender conforming that is shorter than LGBTQCUIATSSAAAALMNOP+. We need that one fixed as well. :):

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So in all of this you had to do all of that. :faint:
    (and I am mad at myself for falling back into the "Kut" frame of mind)

I really think you and others understand what my point is. Semantics etc aside.
    Again....mad at myself for doing what I said I hate to do. Hate it.

And yes I can make a solid enough argument to cover myself here but lets just move on. Please.

You're right I'm being pedantic, I just hate that phrase.

My apologies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Sad. Indianapolis seems to be getting to be as big of a ****hole as Chicago.

If you are talking violent crime, it's worse than Chicago:

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...s-the-12th-most-dangerous-city-in-the-country

But, like any other city, there are certain neighborhoods that are more dangerous. There were zero homicides in the area of Marion County where I live last year.

I'll take our crime rate over Chicago's traffic and weather. If you didn't know it was in Marion County, you'd have a hard time telling the difference between where I live and any small town in Indiana.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're right I'm being pedantic, I just hate that phrase.

My apologies.

None needed but thanks. I put it out there and I know better. In this racially charged world we find ourselves in it is just hard to avoid. And that is the sadness in this.

As I stand back and look at this through a different lens I see your point. But as Camera Monkey stated that was my intended meaning.

Again, on me.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I did, but it was my word against theirs situation. My coworker had to leave to get home so his wife could go to work and it was in an area where nobody sees anything(post rd). The servers wouldn't talk to the police even though they were afraid(they have to live there). He was carrying on about how he hated crackers and that a white cop shot his aunt when he was ranting and making threats. I was sure to tell them that he said a white cop killed his aunt so they were aware going in.

Jesus, really? That kind of behavior going on and they can't do a basic frisk because "it's your word against theirs" and the staff is visibly intimidated into not saying anything against them? At the minimum, officer safety should have dictated they be checked for weapons.

Good lord. You really cannot depend on the police for anything.

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    If you are talking violent crime, it's worse than Chicago:

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...s-the-12th-most-dangerous-city-in-the-country

But, like any other city, there are certain neighborhoods that are more dangerous. There were zero homicides in the area of Marion County where I live last year.

I'll take our crime rate over Chicago's traffic and weather. If you didn't know it was in Marion County, you'd have a hard time telling the difference between where I live and any small town in Indiana.
    That's terrible. I do see your point about the different areas. The sad thing is that the people that live in these areas are the first to complain about lack of opportunities
    / crime when no one will speak up when something happens. Then wonder why there are no schools, stores, anything in their neighborhood. No one wants to open a business that is sure to fail because the clientele in the area make it so patrons are too afraid to visit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    He said Post Rd. I'm guessing Waffle House or Denny's.

ANYWHERE on Post Rd. from I-70 to the railroad tracks south of 56th is a NO-STOP zone 24/7. The majority of bad stuff happening in Indy happens in that vicinity. If I have to wait at a traffic signal around there in broad daylight, I make sure I leave room for an escape route, and I won't drive through there after dark. Nothing around there is worth my life.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ANYWHERE on Post Rd. from I-70 to the railroad tracks south of 56th is a NO-STOP zone 24/7. The majority of bad stuff happening in Indy happens in that vicinity. If I have to wait at a traffic signal around there in broad daylight, I make sure I leave room for an escape route, and I won't drive through there after dark. Nothing around there is worth my life.

Well, to be fair, I have eaten at the Cracker Barrel and shopped at the Lowe's just off of Post at I-70 several times over the years without being attacked or killed.

A goose in the parking lot of the Lowe's did hiss at me once.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I meet Ingo people at I-70 and Post all the time. The Home Depot and the Lowes are regular stops when doing projects out that way. Ate at a few places around there. It is not as bad as some of the areas close to me.
    Now 38th and above........that can get scary after dark. But have worked u and around there deep into the night with just a few interactions with the locals.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Jesus, really? That kind of behavior going on and they can't do a basic frisk because "it's your word against theirs" and the staff is visibly intimidated into not saying anything against them? At the minimum, officer safety should have dictated they be checked for weapons.

Good lord. You really cannot depend on the police for anything.
    Based on OP's story you can't determine what the police could legally do during the incident. I'm sure you would have *****ed if you thought they overstepped their authority because LE can do no right according to you.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I'm available if you need a bodyguard. That is a bit dramatic.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm available if you need a bodyguard. That is a bit dramatic.

I don't know, man. Here's what happened last time I went to Denny's in that neighborhood.

5b5673688c679705989507.gif

Top Bottom