hqdefault-300x225.jpg

Great movie. I donxt have a motorcycle though... :(

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Based on the OP description and knowing that area fairly well, I will say if it was the Waffle House steer clear of there. It seems to always attract some of the city's worst. I live fairly close and in fact pretty much always stop in at that Hardees early in the morning when I am headed out hunting. I am a regular at both The Lowes at 25 & post and the Home Depot at 21 & Post. Now, I also work late shift on the west side in an area that won't make you feel warm and fuzzy.
    Here is my assessment, stupid people (drug addicts/dealers, criminals etc) are everywhere. In fact they have us surrounded, but that means we know where they are at and that means they are everywhere. We can point fingers at "high crime areas" all day but those people who create that element don't just stay put they migrate around the city. So, regardless of where you/we go keep your head on a swivel and do your best to stay in condition yellow. Stay calm, trust your instincts when they tell you trouble is coming. Also keep in mind even in some of the worst areas, most violent crimes only happen to people who are up to no good. Rarely is it just totally random.

Dang near every area of Marion County has their problems....in fact I will say all of Marion County has their issues.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a simple question...

Is best practice OC or CC to avoid trouble when going to the OK Corral, Mogadishu or the bar in Star Wars?

Last edited:

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy

Officially my favorite response. ;o)

To answer with one opinion .. unknown. He's a big guy but they may have moved to the physical confrontation point to "put him in his place" .. or maybe they'd have just stopped and politely sat down. Hard call with to many unknown variables but given the choice "I" would prefer to be the only one who knows my status and level of response ... until required.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good points Pyro. Multiple people who at least one already showed his butt by going into the kitchen. Clearly those ***clowns wouldn't hesitate to show how hard they think they are in front of their boys. I think in this case OC'ing may have prevented the OP from an initial physical confrontation when the schnook came to his table and saw the op had a gun. While the schnook then went and got his buddies gun and put it down his pants was ratcheting up the threat, him knowing the OP also was carrying may have put a bit of doubt in his mind about how far he was willing to go. We'll never know

In trying to picture this in my mind I can't help but wonder if the OP and his friend were seated at an actual table with chairs or a booth. Because I like to have the best opportunity to see potential trouble coming, I will say that is why whenever possible I will choose a spot at the table where I can see the door. I also always scan the room upon entry and make mental note of where any emergency exits are just in case the need arises to bug out.

Over the years I have been in many establishments in the overnight hours and seen plenty of hooligans come in and instantly show everyone how stupid they are. Don't tip your hand

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I meet Ingo people at I-70 and Post all the time. The Home Depot and the Lowes are regular stops when doing projects out that way. Ate at a few places around there. It is not as bad as some of the areas close to me.
    Now 38th and above........that can get scary after dark. But have worked u and around there deep into the night with just a few interactions with the locals.

Man I sold insurance in and around those parts for years...until I got one of the local tv station’s news app on my phone. I started getting alerts for gunshots, hold ups, robberies etc.

Quickly realized that I was always a few min away from all those crimes. Then I moved to the west side to work ;)

Never had to draw. Dropped my hand into my pocket and grabbed my P 938 a few times. But for the most part the Shorance Man gets a pass.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    Would the situation have been different had the OP been CC vs OC?

It may have been better, but I'm thinking it probably would have escalated more since he had all of his friends to back him up and my buddy is not imposing at all. I'm fairly sure it would have gotten physical and I'd have been shot shortly after. None of them were built.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Some people live in the woods, regardless of where they are at.

I'm betting that there are people living in the woods who are closer to a meth lab than I am.

Truth. One of the nicer homes on our backroads got busted for this a few years back. Looking at the house you would never think it was anything of the sort, but, it usually is that way. Too bad they didn’t blow themselves up

Top Bottom