• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I don't know, man. Here's what happened last time I went to Denny's in that neighborhood.

5b5673688c679705989507.gif

Lol. I ate at that Denny's once when I worked that area. Once.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The mere presence of a gun does not constitute RAS or PC in Indiana.

Aside from being rowdy and belligerent no law seems to have been broken.

If I am wrong I am sure that someone will tell me.

I go to a restaurant in South Chicago when I go to VA, that is in an iffy area, so my only advice would be to avoid such places. Do as I say not as I do.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    As a person who lives just north of 38th Street and who drives on 38th everyday...

I do all I can to stay the hell away from 21st and post. It's nothing but a hive of scum and villiany.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    As a person who lives just north of 38th Street and who drives on 38th everyday...

I do all I can to stay the hell away from 21st and post. It's nothing but a have of scum and villiany.
    And that's just the ISP post. :joke:

That intersection is nothing but businesses. Turds frequent said businesses, but I would hardly call it a haven.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    The mere presence of a gun does not constitute RAS or PC in Indiana.

Aside from being rowdy and belligerent no law seems to have been broken.

If I am wrong I am sure that someone will tell me.

I go to a restaurant in South Chicago when I go to VA, that is in an iffy area, so my only advice would be to avoid such places. Do as I say not as I do.

When he verbally threatened to shoot me is where it fell into a gray area. Flaunting the gun and the threat did create a imminent danger. Although I'm glad it did not escalate to the scenario of guns being drawn no matter the outcome.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OP, sorry you are feeling the wrath of the doubting Thomases, etc. Its a rough crowd here. Glad it worked out for you.
    Since you didnt answer my question I'll project my intention in the interest of being helpful.

You mentioned removing the retention strap. I am going to assume you are carrying in what we here call a "floppy nylon holster" AKA an "Uncle Mike's". Do yourself a favor. find the nearest trash can and deposit said crap holster inside. Then immediately locate a reputable LGS that can help you buy a REAL holster that is designed specifically for your gun. (not your gun plus roughly 249 other similarly sized models) removing the strap from a holster of that type will create a potentially dangerous situation since at that point there is no retention value to the holster, and your gun can fall out easily creating a hazard. (especially if your pistol isnt drop safe)

If my assumption is incorrect, I apologize. If I am correct however, no disrespect is intended. We all dont know what we dont know, and not realizing that generic holsters like that for EDC are not ideal is OK. I also own a couple of them. But they are for guns that I dont EDC, and are not mainstream enough for mass produced pistols. (at least not in left hand... I only have them for range use)

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    OP, sorry you are feeling the wrath of the doubting Thomases, etc. Its a rough crowd here. Glad it worked out for you.
    Since you didnt answer my question I'll project my intention in the interest of being helpful.

You mentioned removing the retention strap. I am going to assume you are carrying in what we here call a "floppy nylon holster" AKA an "Uncle Mike's". Do yourself a favor. find the nearest trash can and deposit said crap holster inside. Then immediately locate a reputable LGS that can help you buy a REAL holster that is designed specifically for your gun. (not your gun plus roughly 249 other similarly sized models) removing the strap from a holster of that type will create a potentially dangerous situation since at that point there is no retention value to the holster, and your gun can fall out easily creating a hazard. (especially if your pistol isnt drop safe)

If my assumption is incorrect, I apologize. If I am correct however, no disrespect is intended. We all dont know what we dont know, and not realizing that generic holsters like that for EDC are not ideal is OK. I also own a couple of them. But they are for guns that I dont EDC, and are not mainstream enough for mass produced pistols. (at least not in left hand... I only have them for range use)

Sorry for not replying sooner. No it is an Uncle Mike's and I do understand that they are not very good holsters. At the time if my purchase I could not find a holster that would accommodate the threaded barrel and raised sights on my p09. Maybe now that it's been out a while it will be easier to find a holster that will work for it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Check out some INGOers. THey can bend you a Kydex holster for pretty much any handgun. Hpclayto and others do excellent work.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I went back and reviewed your OP and saw that "he threatened to shoot" If he threatened "you" "with a gun" that is a class 5 felony under IC 35-45-2-1-b-2, If the police refused to arrest him, you could have preformed a citizens arrest.

Which would have caused you to lose a civil case (false arrest), because he had most likely already handed the gun off to an accomplice.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will add my :twocents:

If you plan to continue to open carry, you really should consider a holster with active rention features.

I prefer the Safariland ALS series personally. Not sure if they make that for your specific model or not, but it's worth looking into.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I went back and reviewed your OP and saw that "he threatened to shoot" If he threatened "you" "with a gun" that is a class 5 felony under IC 35-45-2-1-b-2, If the police refused to arrest him, you could have preformed a citizens arrest.

Which would have caused you to lose a civil case (false arrest), because he had most likely already handed the gun off to an accomplice.

They didn't refuse to arrest him. I did not push the issue of arresting him. I'm sure the gun was handed off. There were 8 of them and one of the officers told me that as soon as they walked in they heard my car keys hit the floor. I was just thankful I didn't have to shoot anyone or get shot. Also they did not tell me it was their word against mine. I know thay unless there is evidence that's what it boils down to. At least that was the general line I've seen given by police fairly often while I was working as club security.

poweraddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    Greenfield
    I will add my :twocents:

If you plan to continue to open carry, you really should consider a holster with active rention features.

I prefer the Safariland ALS series personally. Not sure if they make that for your specific model or not, but it's worth looking into.

I still plan on open carrying until I get a conceal carry firearm(probably in the next month or two) and thanks for the tip I'll have to check them out.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I still plan on open carrying until I get a conceal carry firearm(probably in the next month or two) and thanks for the tip I'll have to check them out.

You'd be surprised what you can hide with the right holster. I'm 5' 11", 235lbs and I'm able to conceal a Browning Hi Power in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5.

Top Bottom