• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I would assume that all of the people saying that rules are supposed to be followed at all times practice what they preach. No walking into an establishment that says "No firearms" with your OC or CC, no speeding....ever, no elbows on the table, no talking in class, etc.

Bottom line here is that everyone breaks the rules. They each just choose different rules to break. Calling someone out for ANYTHING this trivial is no more than an attempt to start an altercation.

Waiting 20 seconds for the cashier to scan 6 items is not inconveniencing anyone.

I partially agree with this. we all break the rules sometimes, but that doesn't mean we are right in doing so. the OP asked if we thought he was in the wrong for doing so, and the consensus was yes.

I don't agree at all to comparing this to the carrying in an establishment w/ a no firearms sign. a sign telling me that if i have over so many items i need to use a different register is WAY different than a sign that is in clear violation of my constitutional rights.

Perhaps i misunderstood you pinshooter about the carrying comment. The comment was made after you had just explained a rather heated argument between you and another person, and it seemed like it was emotions making you wonder if you could have gotten the other guy to shut up if he only would have seen that big shiny gun you carry. From what i know of you i doubt this is the case, but anyone who stops by here and reads that can construe it differently.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i always seem to get behind the guy at Walmart who has over more than the sign allows. I never say anything, much less get into a screaming match, but it IS pretty irritating and I do think the OP was a little inconsiderate for using that line. If there are say 5 people in front of me, and each of them has 5 to 10 or more items over 20, that time can add up.

However, I also think it is the job of the management to ENFORCE such rules. If you are going to make a sign, then stand behind it. I bet if the OP had lit a cigarette next to the NO SMOKING sign management would have noticed.

When I become El Presidente for Life, I think I will summarily execute both parties. As well as people who insist on speeding up on the freeway only when I try to pass them. They will go first. :)

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I hate to say it, but both of you. You decided that you were better or more important that all those people waiting in the full lanes. Once you made that decision, you're kinda a jerk. Now, I probably wouldn't call you out like that, or just make the one comment to point it out, but that's where you both should have left it.

Yeah. This.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I guess the one thing that really strikes me is the number of morally and ethically perfect people here, whom apparently never go one mile an hour over a speed limit, are never late or leave early from work, heaven forbid ever lie in anyway, and of course never step into 20 or less lane with 21 items... First thing that comes to mind are glass houses and rock throwing, but maybe I'm just seeing things through dirty glasses..

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I guess the one thing that really strikes me is the number of morally and ethically perfect people here, whom apparently never go one mile an hour over a speed limit, are never late or leave early from work, heaven forbid ever lie in anyway, and of course never step into 20 or less lane with 21 items... First thing that comes to mind are glass houses and rock throwing, but maybe I'm just seeing things through dirty glasses..

Nope. No one here is perfect. But we DO accept the consequences of our actions. We don't KNOWINGLY do something then come onto a message board and complain when we're called out on it, ticketed, etc. Yes I speed. Yes I'm late occasionally (I'm married, I get no say in the matter). But when things go wrong because of the actions that I have taken, then I accept them and move on. I don't go to a forum looking for support when I was knowingly in the wrong.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

Amen to that..... I can do it or something similar but don't you dare try it.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Nope. No one here is perfect. But we DO accept the consequences of our actions. We don't KNOWINGLY do something then come onto a message board and complain when we're called out on it, ticketed, etc. Yes I speed. Yes I'm late occasionally (I'm married, I get no say in the matter). But when things go wrong because of the actions that I have taken, then I accept them and move on. I don't go to a forum looking for support when I was knowingly in the wrong.

I agree with Bob too. I am a big Captain of your own ship kind of person. I knew I shouldn't do it, I got kicked in the a*s for doing it. Should have known better. But da*n some of you people are freakin vicious about it. I hope some day if the circumstances ever calls for it, that someone will show you the compassion you can't find for Pin in this situation.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't really looking for support, just opinions and feedback. Because it had been a very long time since I lost like that. Maybe I'm just getting old and crusty. :dunno:

Top Bottom