• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    I always wonder why there are 15 cashier lines and only few are open, U be glad you were not at sams, where you really had to wait and there is no express lines.

most times i ask if they can open other lines, but i respect the express lines because i been with 3 items and there is somebody at front over the limit i i get ****, but if you were the only one at the express line and the guy come after you i will think is ok.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Boy !!!!! I can't believe I just read over 130 posts, about yelling in line at a Wal Mart..... this is really something ..... I will tell you all, I KNOW Pinshooter.... He is MY BROTHER ..... and I will say, that I am one who believes the RULES apply to EVERYONE !!!!! But when I see "everyone else" "breaking" the rules, and there are NO CONSEQUENSES, then why do we have rules ..... I can defend my bro, but he can do that all by himself, he is a big boy now ..... I can make excuses, but why ????? I am a DAV, and I DO NOT rate a H sticker.... THAT is ok..... I park my car wherever, and walk, while 22 yo, park in front, and walk a short distance..... WE NEVER know the other guys story, if we did, would it matter, sometimes... I try to give people a break, but I get tired of giving "everyone else" a break, and get none in return ..... so I sympathise... I know how my bro feels*** I try to understand how the other guy (or girl) feels, and I TRY to live my life this way ..... it is how I (we) were raised ..... We GIVE, and GIVE, and take more crap than needed.... but that is what we do ..... I assure you all, my bro, would NOT have shot someone, over this .... He is NOT that way ..... I understand exactly what he meant ... I have thought the same thing, would he/she said ANYTHING, if they knew I was carrying.... I do NOT make a big deal about carrying .... or what I have at home .... no one needs to know .... so rest easy all of you, you are safe, my big bad brother, will not shoot you, for cussing him, at Wal Mart .....

i agree, i dont think he would ever shoot someone either... thats not the issue though...

the problem is that there was a thought that maybe if the other guy knew he had a gun, that he wouldnt have said anything. that in and of itself says to me that the gun is being carried for power, not for protection.

i have been in many confrontations while carrying my pistol, but never not once did i ever think.... "maybe this person would be alot kinder to me if he knew i was armed"

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    i agree, i dont think he would ever shoot someone either... thats not the issue though...

the problem is that there was a thought that maybe if the other guy knew he had a gun, that he wouldnt have said anything. that in and of itself says to me that the gun is being carried for power, not for protection.

i have been in many confrontations while carrying my pistol, but never not once did i ever think.... "maybe this person would be alot kinder to me if he knew i was armed"

I'm sorry, but this statement is so full of stupid. How is it power-tripping to wonder if the asshat creating a confrontation would be so bold if he knew he didn't hold the upper hand?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Don't mean to offend, but you were clearly in the wrong. You were 30% over the limit. It's 20 or less. The dude brought it to your attention ... you could have just ignored him.... or better yet, moved to another lane. You didn't accidently go over ... you knew you were over.

Now that being said. I would have let you pass and would have laughed at your joke. Life's too short and too many people are packin.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    If there was Nobody in that line and all of the lines were full, as the OP said, I don't see a problem moving over to that line if I am close to the limit or a couple over. Who am i inconveniencing if there is no one else in in that line?

If it was an employee that asked it, they were dead wrong, I would call and complain to the manager. If it was another customer, they were wrong to continue the confrontation past their initial comment. Personally, I would never have even made the first comment to you at all, just waited my turn patiently and then moved up.

On the receiving end, I probably would have just ignored their remark completely and gone on with my business whether it was the cashier or another customer. I am pretty good at ignoring stupid remarks from people, just ask my wife, especially since I am half deaf to begin with. Oh did you say something dear? I didn't quite get that, I'll be in there in a minute.
    This. I dont use the express lane if I'm well over, but if I'm close and that line happens to be open. I'm taking it.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis

I must not be making myself clear enough. I was posing a rhetorical question about what my harrasser may have done differently if he had happened to notice my usual EDC that I did not have on me that day. But that would all be speculation anyway, probably should have left that part out.

Rambler

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    I'm sorry, but this statement is so full of stupid. How is it power-tripping to wonder if the asshat creating a confrontation would be so bold if he knew he didn't hold the upper hand?

Having a pistol sticking out in the wind as a magic talisman against evil doesn't necessarily mean one has the upper hand. You can own a piano all your life and never be a musician.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I knew i was doing something wrong.

Yeah, well it's okay, but watch out for the guy in line behind you. He gets all wrapped around the axle if somebody jumps into an empty express lane with 6 items more than the max.

I still say if he can't afford the additional 60 seconds to scan the extra 6 items, he has no business being in the store in the first place.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Walmart generally moves people through pretty fast so I don't usually have an issue there,but the guy at the gas station who is buying 15 powerball tickets with his personal 15 "Lucky" numbers plus redeeming his big 4 dollar winnings from yesterday in front of me while I am just trying to pay for my gas is the one I want to strangle.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    you should have thrown 6 of your heaviest items at him.(jk anal retentive people)...that was rude of him.....beep beep beep beep beep beep.....thats how long it takes...this is like driving 6mph over the speed limit or being 6 minutes late from lunch or 6 days late on a bill ...it doesnt matter and it did not warrant this uncivil behavior

Last edited:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I refuse you use the "U-SCAN" registers. IMO it is a stance that I take to help the working men and women. If everybody used that register, there would be no need to hire "HUMAN CASHIERS". So with my refusal to use it, I feel that I in my way I am forcing Walmart to hire "REAL PEOPLE'. BUT I REALLY DISLIKE WALMART AS A RULE! I think for the most part the employees there are rude and lack any real customer service skills.
    Agreed. They mark the prices up over wholesale to cover overhead, when overhead is reduced the prices either fall or the profit increases. I sure haven't seen a whole lot of prices going down, but I bet those scanners paid for themselves and all their repairs forever long ago....I've actually heard they were beginning to pull them out of stores everywhere because ppl don't like/won't use them.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Rules are rules and yep, MAYBE you should have gone to the other lane. Had I been behind you I promise I would NOT have challenged you on it. I have had some not so nice things happen in life like everyone else. If that's the worst that happens to me that day I THANK GOD. It's not worth getting my panties in a bunch over.

Just my :twocents:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Rules are rules and yep, MAYBE you should have gone to the other lane. Had I been behind you I promise I would NOT have challenged you on it. I have had some not so nice things happen in life like everyone else. If that's the worst that happens to me that day I THANK GOD. It's not worth getting my panties in a bunch over.

Just my :twocents:

I wouldn't have challenged him either. But, I would have said aloud "Oh, I guess that sign doesnt actually mean 20 items"

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I still say if he can't afford the additional 60 seconds to scan the extra 6 items, he has no business being in the store in the first place.

I don't disagree with this, but I think we, all of us, should first apply that to *ourselves* and *our* choices, not just to everyone else. If I didn't have time to buy my 26 items in the line designated for larger volumes like mine, *I* should have picked a different time to shop or *I* should have decided that I didn't really need six of those items. Or when confronted about my decision to place MY convenience and time over the time of others, how could *I* have handled it in a courteous way, or...

I struggle with connecting the dots from "I don't have time to stand in the line intended for me" to "... but THAT GUY shouldn't be here if he doesn't have time to wait for me to clog up the line intended and maintained to allow people to get in and out quickly."

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    So with all of these clogged up lines how many kids were around, as you guys were making jack weeds of yourselves and dropping F bombs to each other. You both probably would have got a peice of my mind if I was in line behind you with my children or wife.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Must be an English teacher? :):

Hell if all you are worried about when going to walmart is the signage then you are doing far better than the rest of us. Im usually focused on avoiding getting robbed, and getting in and out as quick as possible.

Not an English teacher... But I DO have a secondary education degree. And I USED to be licensed in IN to teach high school earth/space science and biology. But, alas, I've never taught a day in my life (outside of student teaching)

The walmart in Clarksville has the tobacco and alcohol behind the 20 items or less register. I haven't been in there in a long time, but I would always go through that line to buy my tobacco, no matter how many items we had. If they don't want problems, they should change it, but as far as I know, it's still the same.

I've seen cashiers in other lanes go fetch cigs & such for customers from the locked case; I don't think you're forced to go through that particular lane. Of course, if your cashier is under 18/21 and can't physically handle the merchandise, that's a different scenario.

So with all of these clogged up lines how many kids were around, as you guys were making jack weeds of yourselves and dropping F bombs to each other. You both probably would have got a peice of my mind if I was in line behind you with my children or wife.

It never ceases to amaze me the kind of behavior and language people think is appropriate, be it public or private.

-J-

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

And this statement is also "full of stupid". How does having a firearm in a verbal argument the "upper hand"? That's ridiculous. Only a power hungry maroon would think that.

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I would assume that all of the people saying that rules are supposed to be followed at all times practice what they preach. No walking into an establishment that says "No firearms" with your OC or CC, no speeding....ever, no elbows on the table, no talking in class, etc.

Bottom line here is that everyone breaks the rules. They each just choose different rules to break. Calling someone out for ANYTHING this trivial is no more than an attempt to start an altercation.

Waiting 20 seconds for the cashier to scan 6 items is not inconveniencing anyone.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Hate to say, but 26 items puts you in the wrong in my book. However- that guy throwing out insults was definitely inappropriate. Not sure what the answer is here but maybe you could have offered him to go ahead of you in line ? Who knows, it still may have not made a difference with him ? Regardless though - always try to rise above morons. Never stoop to talking their language and never resort to getting into a cursing match. It just makes you look bad. Good luck with that arthritis bro.

Top Bottom