So much for freedom of speech and expression.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're complaining that her insulting remarks lost cost her her job? Isn't that the price of freedom?

gregr, either you refrain from your line of attack or you start wearing Levi's again.
    Levis, many years ago, staunchly supported the homosexual agenda, I quit wearing their over priced jeans then. As was stated above, I don`t go ANYWHERE unarmed, and my billfold stays with me and my gun. You all vote with your money, so just refuse to support those who are against your gun rights.
    Also, you need to go see the movie Miss Sloane.

I would love to sit down and discuss your theology. No really; we have a lot in common.

But, this (below) makes me wonder:
    No sir, I bow the knee to NO ONE, literally or figuratively, but to King Jesus.
    Did not Daniel bow? Did not Joseph respect and obey Potiphar? Did Nehemiah not humble himself before Artaxerxes? Does not Jesus command us to obey and respect earthly authority? Is there any scriptural basis for your defiance?

In some ways, you're the person I had in mind when I wrote this post. Someone that's vehement in his support of freedom, but yet has a misguided sense of freedom.

As much as I like to see a good banning, I hope you don't go nuclear on us gregr.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've about had it with your Romans 13 and I Peter 2 talk. We'll pick and choose what Scripture we find meshes with our own political beliefs, thank you very much.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Three pages, and not one mention of prior restraint? I'm a bit surprised, INGO.

The legal concept of prior restraint demonstrates that first-amendment protections are intended to constrain only the government, and that protection of the freedom of speech was not intended to be protection from the consequences of that speech. Under the concept of prior restraint, the government cannot constrain even speech that is known before being uttered to constitute unlawful speech. The government must allow the speech to be uttered. But once it is uttered, the one who utters it can be held accountable for having uttered it.

As for the constitution constraining The People from levying consequences for speech: go ahead* and use your "freedom of speech" to tell someone, "I'm going to kill you."

* No, actually: don't do that. The point is rhetorical. You and I both know the end result of doing so, and neither of us wants that to happen.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Where is Rambone to tell you that this was all predestined when you need him!

As the resident five pointer, I'll go hyper-calvinistic and say this was predestined. ... Or at least it was in my mind.

I was going to make a new thread for this, but heck, this one's already off the rails... so what's a little more gasoline?

So many cans of worms I want to open.....so many....must resist.....
    I got an electric can opener you can borrow when I'm done.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm neither, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I've about had it with your Romans 13 and I Peter 2 talk. We'll pick and choose what Scripture we find meshes with our own political beliefs, thank you very much.

What nobody seems to remember is that those scriptures were written, not during a period of a constitutional republic with duly elected representatives, but to those under the thumb of the Roman Empire. Christ's time on earth and the early church saw such despots as Tiberius, Caligula, and Nero. And even though there was a Senate, it represented the elite of Roman aristocracy, not the rabble of such backwater provinces as Galilee.

In spite of this, we are told to "Render unto Ceasar that which is Ceasar's" and "Fear God, honor the king." How much easier it is for an American to obey these scriptures than a 1st century Jew from Ephesus recently converted to Christ. Yet we also hold a say in our government, which, while complicating this paradigm, also leaves us with responsibility.

Top Bottom