• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Usually two mags, plus the one in the gun, of course. I usually have the rest of the box of ammo in the car, but that is more in case I get pulled over and the officer insists on emptying the gun. I intend to offer the box to him so he doesnt lose anything.

At time I will carry more ammo, or even another gun, other times I will carry less. It really depends on where I will be, and if I have the mental will to grab the extra mags. If I am running 10 minutes late for a family gathering, I am not going to take three minutes undue my belt and grab the mag pouch.

9mm Luger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    NW Indiana
    1 extra MAGAZINE for the pistol, a Rosary case with 10 bullets for the 38 revolver if I'm carrying it.

What good is carrying bullets going to do? :dunno: :D Rounds usually work better. :D

I carry a G26 with one extra mag for a total of 21 rounds, never had to use one hope I never do.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    ...and here it comes!!!

poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

:D ;) :D

ROFL first time I've seen that one

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Two additional 13 round .45 mags to the one that is in the gun. Plus 1 in the pipe=40rounds on person.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    When I carry my G27 I carry 1- 15 round G 22 magazine as a spare. When carrying my LCR or S & W 637 in strong side pocket I carry 1 speed loader and 1- 6 round speed strip.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Depends

If im carrying my 1911 two extra mags cause their skinny and relatively light. If im glockn it 1 extra mag. I was wondering how long the mag vs clip thing would show up.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    2 spare mags always.

And Glock 21 has a 13 rd mag and so does XD 45's, those are two that I can think of right of the bat.
    Winner winner chicken dinner. Esrice is buying, not me.

I carry a G21. I've been thinking on putting base plate extensions on the two additional mags.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I generally don't carry a spare. The way I figure it, the odds of me needing to fire more than 15 rds or having my mag fail in a firefight are so small, I don't bother most of the time. (when I carried a 1911, I did have a spare or 2 on me) I'm more concerned about being struck by lightning than being in some extended firefight/bad magazine scenario.

Not everyone shares my assessment of those risks, I get that. Some people like to be prepared for that 1 in a eleventy brajillion chance, and it certainly isn't a bad idea to have a spare (or 7) ready to go.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I usually carry an extra loaded mag for my G19 in my pocket. I hope I don't need 31 rounds, but you never know. PLus, as others said, if you have to drop the mag for any reason to clear a malfunction, better to have another on hand to replace it with.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom