So Someone Slammed into Our Son Last Night!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Wife gets the call so we head out, I am driving for sake expediency. So we arrived before Local PD. Scene was secured and I was directing traffic. and had a wrecker en route.

Local PD gets there and goes to other driver that is refusing to exit her Jeep Patriot, nor was she willing to produce proof of insurance or her license and registration. Finally she is ordered to exit her vehicle, she stumbles out can barely walk or speak with out slurring her speech. According to her our son was driving in excess of 90 mph lost control of his truck and slammed into her.

Having done accident reconstruction for a few years I kept my mouth shut despite the damage to her vehicle and our sons truck being totally inconsistent with her rendition.

At this point I am starting to loose patience with Barney and a field sobriety test was given which was an epic fail Twice For her.

Then Barney says well I really can’t say for certain who is at fault. Seriously! He says Her vehicle looks like it sustained a high speed impact.

Well Barney let me help you with the hard parts. So we go over to my sons truck , and he replays the Dash Cam footage show his speed at a Blazing 9 mph slowing down to 5 mph to make a right and you can hear his turn signal. Then you see the Jeep Patriot approaching his right Front in between the shoulder and bike lane. She pulls into oncoming traffic with no Headlights and slams into him. Then Barney Says I guess she is at fault!

By this time She was becoming quite belligerent then she attempts to drive off!
    Long Story Short Dash Cams are not just for professional applications !

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nearly all of them are made by two manufacturers.

TLDR is at the 15 minute mark.

Same with Microwaves. 95% of the microwaves are identical on the inside. Everybody got out of the manufacturing and outsourced to Midea. They all (all within the same sizes) have the exact same guts and they only change the shells to provide the required look and badging of the corporate customer.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Nearly all of them are made by two manufacturers.

TLDR is at the 15 minute mark.

But there are so many varied features.
    Not sure which features would be best, but I would like to have one for all the jackasses around my area.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Glad to hear your son is ok... I've been watching the yt channels for 'idiots in cars' observing the brands of dashcams for ideas. Lots of stupid on the road. This thread has made up my mind to get one.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    First, thank God your son was not seriously hurt.
    Glad to hear your dashcam just paid for itself.
    You've been a busy fella this year, here's to hoping 2023 lets you come up for air and just relax a bit.
    Relax there will be time for that someday when I assume room temperature. While slightly less fuel efficient there is a lot to be said safety wise for F250 4x4.

Will be heading out for Sioux Falls tomorrow for a week for work.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Relax there will be time for that someday when I assume room temperature. While slightly less fuel efficient there is a lot to be said safety wise for F250 4x4.

Stay safe on your travels.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau

A happy new year to you and yours and safe travels Sir.

Reactions: wcd

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom