So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Reloading 32-40 tonight, made the cases from 30-30 and using a 180 grain RCBS cast GC bullet.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Loaded up 200 45acp today.

After seeing them recommended in several threads, I started using Lyman M expander dies recently and they are a wonderful help in getting the bullets started parallel to the cases. No more shaving of lead or coatings or case bulges from a bullet started at a slight angle. Thanks so much to everyone that mentioned them.

trsowders76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2014
    Bedford
    At the moment we have three presses set up, one for 300 blackout, 308 , 300 win mag. Just got a 357 sig so that will probably be where I am heading next. Need to purchase some materials first!

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    At the moment we have three presses set up, one for 300 blackout, 308 , 300 win mag. Just got a 357 sig so that will probably be where I am heading next. Need to purchase some materials first!

AP is set up for 300 BK. SS for 223. Looking for a 2nd Horn-AP sometime this year if a used one pops up.

Danged if I didn't mess up my washing mix ratio again. To much Lemi-shine. New Years resolution- follow the recommendations! More is NOT good.

trsowders76

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 2, 2014
    Bedford
    Absolutely, the more the merrier! I just love the ability to be able to leave them set up for a while as usually when I get on something I will work up a bunch. My son is starting to get into it more so who knows maybe another set will be coming soon as space really isn't an issue.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am way behind.

I reloaded 50 44mag 225gn Hornady FTX's with 19.3gn's of Lil'gun. It's my pet load for the Henry 44mag lever. Next will be a few hundred 308's for the 1919.

khayden65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    United States
    I am way behind.

I reloaded 50 44mag 225gn Hornady FTX's with 19.3gn's of Lil'gun. It's my pet load for the Henry 44mag lever. Next will be a few hundred 308's for the 1919.

I load with the shorter Hornady brass, do you do the same, shorten others brass or not worry about the case length?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I load with the shorter Hornady brass, do you do the same, shorten others brass or not worry about the case length?

I trim my brass to the Hornady recommended length. I also have some original Hornady FTX brass. I like it so much I just started trimming everything to FTX size. It;s a lot cheaper then buying FTX's.

Welcome to the forum.

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    Haven't had to trim much , only on 2nd loading of hornady and winchester brass. Made a few out of 243 brass and trimmed them to 1.910 if I remember right.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I am bout to transition from 9mm pistol ammo to some .223 rifle ammo. It's a whole new ballgame when it comes to resizing (pushing back the neck) and trimming.

I've got a batch of once-fired brass in the tumbler as we speak. Hope to get a few loads out this weekend. Wish me luck!!! :rockwoot:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am bout to transition from 9mm pistol ammo to some .223 rifle ammo. It's a whole new ballgame when it comes to resizing (pushing back the neck) and trimming.

I've got a batch of once-fired brass in the tumbler as we speak. Hope to get a few loads out this weekend. Wish me luck!!! :rockwoot:

It's not to bad. You just gotta lean on the handle a little harder. Lol, You dont' have to flare case mouths anymore. Are you shooting them in a bolt action or a semi auto? My bolt action stuff just gets neck size, then a full length size about every 5th cycle. I have reloaded thousands of round both ways. If you shoot bolt action or both, divide your brass and dedicate some to each. A neck size die will pay for itself really quickly!

Have fun and share some pics when you get going.

Top Bottom